Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: OS's Spare Parts 6x6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2021, 09:08 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: OS's Spare Parts 6x6

Killer build man, subbed.
SurlyBurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2021, 07:01 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

It hit 80 degrees here yesterday! 20 degrees above normal - I'll take it. I started out doing the responsible thing like cleaning up the yard but then this killer Unimog cruised by the front of the house... Then I got distracted, threw responsible out the window and got some toys out to play.

After putting a pack though the Ultima Outlaw (FUN!) I remembered that this rig was pretty much ready for a shakedown run... so for the next 40 minutes I tooled around the backyard and got a feel for it. In a word, awesome! Still sorting out a few details on the body a bit, but the chassis was ready to go... and go it did!

Some gratuitous flex shots. Needs a bit of tuning - back seems a bit stiff, but it's in the ballpark.

I'd like a little more travel out of the rear axles - they are not terrible, but I think about 1/2in or so would be perfect.

This truck has so much grip, it manages to go wherever it damn well pleases on my course. 3S and a Holmes Trailmaster shove it around pretty good. It does get let down a bit with the AX10 axle up front - steering is not the sharpest, but it at least goes where it's pointed. Surprised it steers as well as it does, I thought all those tires out back would push the front but with the OD gears, it turns pretty decent.

Makes short work of my 60d ramp. Don't slip, slide, or hesitate - walks right up from a standing start at the bottom. None of my ramps really gave it a workout...it's a beast!

Coming back down - pretty good approach angle. A little over 60 degrees...the shackles just scrape on the way down.

Super impressed.... definitely upped my motivation to get it complete and get it out on a full trail run.

Last edited by OSRC; 03-27-2021 at 07:04 AM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:36 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

That thing came out great. Looks like a blast to run.
I bought a tamiya coe cab years ago with intentions of something like this.
Maybe one day.
Great work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
500swmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 03:17 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Looks like a lot of fun, would love to see it in motion.
SurlyBurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:23 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Got a chance to get the beast out for a little bit.... did really well! Even based on V1 SCX axles with less steering and big pumpkins with 4.5 tires, it got around very well. Never got stuck once, and nothing fell off....that's a pretty good first run imo.

Starting out, nice and clean! Didn't stay that way for long, that's for sure.

Crawling over rocks is fine, but this truck likes mud. Tons of grip, this kind of sloppy trail is right in this rig's wheelhouse.

It can climb when it has to, as long as I can get the front wheels up on it - the bumper limits approach angle somewhat. With the Holmes Trailmaster, 14/87 gears and 3S it has plenty of torque and with all that rubber out back, it pretty much muscles it's way
up and over.

These could be snowrunner pics...

So what's next? Can't stand the color, definitely needs a repaint. Rear needs a little more articulation, there were times when I thought it could benefit from a little more flex. Thinking about lights, and need to do something with the winch up front.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote

OS's Spare Parts 6x6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPL, JJRC, MN and Fayee trucks: Models, spare parts, upgrade parts donaldsneffe General Scale Talk 242 02-28-2024 12:37 AM
FMS Atlas 6X6 spare battery? lightbg Micro Scale Rigs 4 11-05-2020 01:19 AM
Arnel's spare time, spare parts, JKing. Arnel HPI Wheely King 19 12-04-2013 11:36 AM
Spare time, spare parts... Karadjas Non Crawler RC's 8 09-24-2009 01:06 PM
spare parts,,spare tire rack,,, dezmoon Tamiya CR-01 4 09-10-2008 05:54 PM