Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Crawler Noobs Builds His First Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #1

Default Crawler Noobs Builds His First Crawler

So i wanted to get back into RC's and really took to crawlers because i have two young kids so days at the park or hikes are often. I started watching youtube and saw a banggood all metal SCX10 clone RTR for about $200 and figured why the hell not. Im a very DIY person and love to work and tinker on everything. I also decided that i was going to use it as a project car and make it my own. Well now sitting here i realized that i got a dinosaur model but am super happy with the outcome because now i can use a lot of these parts for future build kits after a get some more driving experience under my belt. overall the kit was actually well built! Parts were constructed well, material (although i dont know the quality of material) seem thick and heavy, many of the bolts were tight, and overall im happy with the progress. I will post update threads the more i accomplish. I have gone through this car, greased the diffs and trans, locktited all nuts, rebuilt the shocks (45wt front 25wt rear) lithium greased the CVD's, and looked over everything. I have a Axial k5 blazer body on the way. Below is a list of parts.

Banggood SCX10 Metal Clone
Hobbywing 1080
Crawmaster 8T
20KG servo
Injora Breadlocks
Proline Hyrax G8 / Hair Bun inserts
Amazon Front Battery Holder

SORRY FOR THE HUGE PICTURES

Last edited by BigDutchBag; 07-15-2021 at 11:37 AM.
BigDutchBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2021, 04:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Crawler Noobs Builds His First Crawler

Thanks for sharing the pics. I sometimes take a look at those "ARTR" SCX10 clones, and think about getting one for fun, but I can never get enough details from the few reviews available. Last fall, I was really interested in one that was all gold and red, for a special Christmas rig.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:26 AM   #3

Default Re: Crawler Noobs Builds His First Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics. I sometimes take a look at those "ARTR" SCX10 clones, and think about getting one for fun, but I can never get enough details from the few reviews available. Last fall, I was really interested in one that was all gold and red, for a special Christmas rig.
Well I could certainly tell you EVERYTHING about this one. It’s actually really good quality materials and construction. But the electronics suck horribly. So I’m glad this forced me to build good electronics for my first crawler because eventually when I upgrade hopefully I can just use the same stuff. I’m new to this forum so I do t know if we can post links but if you’re interested DM me and I can send you the link. They have a builders kit for this one too for 185$
BigDutchBag is offline   Reply With Quote

Crawler Noobs Builds His First Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom crawler builds? Mikael Newbie General 14 01-31-2015 08:14 PM
Best crawler builds popup General Crawlers 5 04-14-2010 11:22 AM
Tamiya builds a crawler Mechanicalbob Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 11-13-2006 10:40 AM
Noobs first tlt crawler build attempt freetimecrawler Tamiya TLT Crawlers 35 04-17-2006 09:12 AM