Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Longer bumper post?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2016, 04:25 PM   #1

Default Longer bumper post?

I picked up an after market SCX10 metal bumper for my HG P402. The bumper mounts with the round posts that's in the bumper mount holes.

My question, is that the bumper I order has very small mounting post. Is their anything cheap I can buy to replace them with longer ones or is their something I can do with stuff around the house?
Yota-Irops is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #2

Default Re: Longer bumper post?

As long as you have the holes for where the factory posts mount to the new bumper, do what I did. I found 2 bolts long enough to give me about a half inch more length than the factory plastic ones, used 1 nut on each bolt to hold it secure to the bumper and just used another nut to bolt it to the two factory mounting holes on the front bumper mount. It will stiffen it up quite a bit too. Doesn't have to be the exact size as the mounting plate hole so you can get some up and down adjustment out of the slack of the bolts in the holes. It worked great for me until I fabed up a different style bumper. BTW, you can use either another nut to space your bumper from the body this way or use washers.
Gearhead95i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #3

thanks for the input. Will post pics of the bumper when done.
Yota-Irops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 02:23 PM   #4

Yea I ordered a metal rear bumper from rcmart.com, and my cylinder post mounts are too short for my scx10 ii xj lexan body... why don't they make longer post mounts lol?!?. Now have to figure out how to make them longer.
Kryos2027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:07 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Unsure of the diameter of the said "posts" but 5/16 inch brake line slips over 6mm rod perfectly.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote

Longer bumper post? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Extended / Longer Body Post Solution BlownChevelle Axial SCX-10 6 06-17-2017 05:43 PM
Custom Front bumper mount pics, post em up 66sprint6 Axial SCX-10 13 01-11-2013 08:55 AM