Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Wes S. Builds an SCX10-II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2016, 02:26 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wes S. Builds an SCX10-II

The rc4wd Iroks fit the scale and size requirements you want. I've ran them for a good while now, they perform great. I also have a set of rc4wd flashpoints that do amazing. I've been really impressed at what I can tackle with such a small tire.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Waitwhatsthat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the feedback - I'll see what I decide to do.

Went to the lake this weekend and drove the crap out of it. Took a few tumbles, gave it a few scratches and ended up snapping the grill out of place. Bad design from the factory anyway, four screws won't keep it there for long. Thank god for superglue

Sorry for the lack of pictures, Photobucket hasn't been working and I also completely forgot to take any...
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #23

How do you like this rig? Trying to decide between this and the ascender

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
athens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I love it. It's done everything I want it to do... That said, it's a little slow on a 35T motor (my fault on choosing it). If you want to do some trailing as well as crawling, get a higher-turn motor.

Comparing the II to the Ascender, they're quite close. They both have a 2-speed trans (SCX10-II RTR has older trans, not 2-speed), CMS with panhard bar, huge body, huge tires, etc... You would have a great time with both rigs, but I chose the II because I liked the body better and had more familiarity with Axial. Good luck choosing!
Old 08-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

The K10 Truggy has a shorter wheelbase, as well as the bronco. The K5 Blazer is longer than them but shorter than the II, if that helps at all
Old 08-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes S. View Post
The K10 Truggy has a shorter wheelbase, as well as the bronco. The K5 Blazer is longer than them but shorter than the II, if that helps at all
Dang didn't realize the truggy was shorter. So the scx10-2 is bigger than the blazer?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
athens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

The Blazer and Cherokee (SCX10-II) are roughly the same size, and there both pretty huge, bigger than both the Truggy and bronco.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Managed to get one more picture until Photobucket sh#t itself again. It's much dirtier now, but at least I have one pic.

I should have some parts coming in a couple weeks. It's been bone stock for too long...
Old 09-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Got my parts in, but realized I wasn't done (had to order up some hex hubs-didn't realize RC4WD's wagons came with pin drive).

Now that I see Duratrax' Deep Woods tires in person, the compound is weird and the foams are crap. If I'm gonna stick with these, changes are going to be made. So what CI foams are best for these / the right size?
Old 09-23-2016, 03:26 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

New wheels and tires finally came in (although I accidentally only bought 1 pack - pics with both sets of tires on Monday)! Mounted them backwards because I like the deep dish look. Offset isn't that bad:

Old 09-24-2016, 12:28 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Interested to see how those perform, they look good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes S. View Post
New wheels and tires finally came in (although I accidentally only bought 1 pack - pics with both sets of tires on Monday)! Mounted them backwards because I like the deep dish look. Offset isn't that bad:

Irishchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:22 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I am too, CI foams should make a world of difference..
Old 09-26-2016, 07:05 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Got the rest of my order today...

These Deep Woods were a pleasant surprise. Honestly, for sixteen bucks a pair (plus 10 for a pair of foams) I thought these were going to be crappy. They did just as well as the stock KO2s and were a bit better in looser dirt. Never tested them with their stock foams, but I'm glad I didn't because the CI foams worked like a charm.

Also got a battery for my 3Racing winch... It works fine when not connected to the receiver, but when I try to set the 3 positions on my 3rd channel, it only goes in and out without stopping and with a huge delay from when I press the (3rd channel) button. Any ideas?
Old 09-27-2016, 02:36 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

right look
or find her tires?
david511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

For your bubbly window sticker problem, don't feel bad...I used a smartphone screen protector rubber installer and still took me two hours to have it mostly bubble free.

If you find a persistent bubble, pop it with the tip of a sharp knife, and then just work the air out. Nice build bud!
quinn_thercdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinn_thercdude View Post
For your bubbly window sticker problem, don't feel bad...I used a smartphone screen protector rubber installer and still took me two hours to have it mostly bubble free.

If you find a persistent bubble, pop it with the tip of a sharp knife, and then just work the air out. Nice build bud!
Better yet, before you apply that decal, use a hobby knife to cut away the clear portion!
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:12 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinn_thercdude View Post

I popped a few big ones... Stickers helped with the rearmost windows.

I'll use your guys' advice if I choose to get another body...
Old 09-28-2016, 12:08 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

this helped me a lot with the stickers: get a spray bottle with water, and add a few drops of dishwashing soap. spray on both the body, and the back of the sticker. This way you can move around the sticker after you've applied it, and then use a cloth/card to push out air bubbles/water. Works like a charm.
IVIaarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:19 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIaarten View Post
this helped me a lot with the stickers: get a spray bottle with water, and add a few drops of dishwashing soap. spray on both the body, and the back of the sticker. This way you can move around the sticker after you've applied it, and then use a cloth/card to push out air bubbles/water. Works like a charm.
Yes, this is how I did it and it worked great. Just like installing window tint on a car.
gigacrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:01 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Got in a good run today. I've got a really nice creek going through the woods, and I tried to explore more of it - while remembering that I have metal wheels now. How susceptible to rust are these RC4WD Wagons?

Wes S. Builds an SCX10-II - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imthatguy builds an SCX10 II imthatguy Axial SCX10 II 216 09-18-2018 03:15 PM
Wes Edling JohnRobHolmes Chit Chat 2 07-17-2007 12:20 PM