Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: SSD d hole wheels and slw hubs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2016, 06:24 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default SSD d hole wheels and slw hubs?

so will a .475 hub cause any problems on my truck? Will it make my wheel track too wide to fit under the stock body? I know the .350's are required to run the beef patties. Im not sure what the standard offset is and how this will work with the SSD d-hole steel wheels. I only want to purchase once with the cost of these parts. I guess what I am asking is, will this slightly wider track help my performance with more stability? Looking for advice from the pro's here on RCC. Thanks in advance
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2016, 08:06 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SSD d hole wheels and slw hubs?

I run the .475 with no problems feels and looks just right to me
ossipeecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

But if you want the wheels under your stock body .475 will be to wide
ossipeecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You can make the beef patties fit those wheels for free with a little modification. The black inner hub for the SSDs just needs to be ground down slightly to clear the patty. I ended up chucking mine in a drill and using a file to turn down the hub. Once I did that, I just re-assembled my wheels with the beef patties in them. No SLW hubs required! The patties added about 1.5mm of additional offset, which is minor. If you need a few MM more, you can just buy wider hexes and save tons of money.
1967Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:11 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You have to remember, the beef patties will add .100 to the offset as well. I'd stay with 350s. The weight is better than width for stability IMHO. Guys often go crazy wide in search of ultimate stability which they don't find but do end up breaking parts and getting hung up everywhere because they lost ground clearance between the tires. JMO. Standard offset from the included SSD hubs would be closest to 225s. With 350s and beef patties, my tires are way outside the wheel wells.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:29 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
You have to remember, the beef patties will add .100 to the offset as well. I'd stay with 350s. The weight is better than width for stability IMHO. Guys often go crazy wide in search of ultimate stability which they don't find but do end up breaking parts and getting hung up everywhere because they lost ground clearance between the tires. JMO. Standard offset from the included SSD hubs would be closest to 225s. With 350s and beef patties, my tires are way outside the wheel wells.
so I was told that I had to have the 350's to get the heavy beef patties to clear. How does that work if the tires will no longer fit inside of the wheel wells?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:44 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon View Post
You can make the beef patties fit those wheels for free with a little modification. The black inner hub for the SSDs just needs to be ground down slightly to clear the patty. I ended up chucking mine in a drill and using a file to turn down the hub. Once I did that, I just re-assembled my wheels with the beef patties in them. No SLW hubs required! The patties added about 1.5mm of additional offset, which is minor. If you need a few MM more, you can just buy wider hexes and save tons of money.
How will the heavy beef patties work with the stock hubs if they are only .225? I thought that Beef tubes said that a .350 hub is required to clear the beef patty? Just so I am clear, I am getting the heavy beef patties that work with incision style hubs.

BEEF PATTIES (BRASS) - VANQUISH INCISION STYLE

I really need the wheels and tires to fit inside of my stock body.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:47 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

SSD 1.9" STEEL D HOLE WHEELS (BLACK) (2)

These are the wheels I want to run.

I would like to clear the proline hyrax tires

with these beef patties.

BEEF PATTIES (BRASS) - VANQUISH INCISION STYLE

can it be done and what will be required to keep the tires under the fender wells. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:11 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Here is a pic. The black inner hub needs a tiny bit of grinding to fit inside the patty. Simple and clean. Will clear everything JUST fine.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon View Post
Here is a pic. The black inner hub needs a tiny bit of grinding to fit inside the patty. Simple and clean. Will clear everything JUST fine.

You are the man mr typhoon. You just saved me $40. I will be running exactly what I want. This is why I love this community. Somebody almost always has already done this or that. Love it, love it, love it. Thanks so much.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I ran a bolt through hub and put it in a power drill to make grinding easier also
Old 11-07-2016, 11:40 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorider View Post
so I was told that I had to have the 350's to get the heavy beef patties to clear. How does that work if the tires will no longer fit inside of the wheel wells?
Just to clarify, when they say you need 350s to clear, they mean to clear the knuckles and hubs through the entire possible steering throw without consideration for what body might be installed. The beef patties guys can't account for every body, suspension, axle, wheel and tire setup available so they pick the hub that works for sure and tell you to run that one. Like I said, I tried 225s and they almost cleared but I had rubbing. Big thanks to Typhoon for showing us all a cheaper way that works on the AR44 with just a little effort. If I wasn't happy with my stance using 350s, I'd grind those stockers down and swap them back in.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote

SSD d hole wheels and slw hubs? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSD versus Vanquish SLW hubs Thloftus Newbie General 11 09-02-2016 09:52 PM
SSD 1.9" STEEL D HOLE WHEELS question desertdude Tires and Wheels 16 02-18-2016 03:30 PM