Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Shock recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2017, 02:26 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Shock recommendations

Whats the code for the traxxas bb shocks?
Traulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2017, 05:00 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFitzPat87 View Post
Just curious... when you guys are filling/setting up your shocks, where do you have the piston when you screw the cap on? I had the piston fully extended, slightly threaded the cap on, then compressed it half way and tightened the cap all the way down. I wonder if I should compress the shock almost completely before I tighten the cap? I assume both ways are right in their own way. Just wondering what you guys like.

The piston itself take room so unless it is fully compressed when tightening the cap the viscosity of the oil won't be correct. Cause when you push in the rod it won't be enough space for the oil to compress as it should. It's not wrong but that shock will be harder to compress compared to one with the piston all the way in.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Johan_Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:20 AM   #43
RCC Addict

With traxxas and traxxas style shocks- I fill with oil, press the rod all the way in then gently back out to release air bubbles. Then about 3/4 back compressed, set the bladder on and press mostly in where it fits( a drop or two is normal to run out at this point), pull out the shaft sucking in the bladder to a nice fit and screw on the cap tightly. When done right the shafts neutral point is about 3/4 out. When pressed or pulled by hand it'll return to the same point. That also lets you know the bladder is seated proper.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

Thanks guys. I'm not having any issues cycling the piston all the way in or out, even with the cap screwed on at half compression. I'm just thinking here, wouldn't screwing the cap on with the piston fully compressed create a vacuum inside the shock when the shock is fully extended making it want to pull the piston back in? I feel like you wouldn't want this, but again, this is all new to me.
TFitzPat87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

Just wanted to chime in again on the big bores. Really happy with them except for the fact that they are SLOW making things bouncy! Even with the 3 hole piston and 30w oil. I can put it in a nice flexy position, and when I stop it there, I can actually see the shock slowly compress the rest of the way. I think I'm gonna go pick up some 20w and see how that goes. If not much better, I'll just drill out the holes in the pistons a little. Outside of the slow factor, they are nice. Super smooth, don't leak anything, and look nice and scale. Once I get them dialed in just right, they'll be fantastic.
TFitzPat87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scx10.2 scx10 ii, shock absorber, shocks

Shock recommendations - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shock recommendations Fowlboy Axial SCX-10 2 04-07-2013 03:26 PM
Shock recommendations????? hatefulboy South Carolina 7 09-03-2012 05:59 PM
Shock Recommendations bschimmel General Crawlers 8 05-25-2010 07:45 PM
shock recommendations Crawlin' Axial AX-10 Scorpion 36 04-09-2008 09:12 PM
Shock Recommendations? gregrocks90046 Traxxas Crawlers 3 01-04-2006 05:41 PM