Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Sharks SCX10ii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2016, 06:46 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Sharks SCX10ii

Hello

Going to start my SCX10ii Build, i won't bore ya with all the building parts lots of threads covering that already...just gunna show what i do different, paint wise what parts i used and so on and so forth. Hope you enjoy the thread.

Well it starts with a Christmas Present from My Wife....

Now i had a suspicion that i might be that due to a couple clues, first size of the box which in itself wasn't much of a clue, but the second one was, Where it was shipped from she more than likely got it from amainhobbies cause i get alot of stuff from there and know where it ships from....lol.

so in anticipation of it i got a few things to get ready for it....

first was the electronics i got a holmes hobbies 2700kv stubby waterproof motor, the esc i already had from my mud truck hauler.

Next was a savox SC-1268SG servo

Then i got some head lights from Onetoomanyrcs for the scx10ii body plan to get one of his light bars as well, and a 2" light bar from proline. all run off a 1600mah 3s lipo with one of heyoks controllers. some HR D-rings Blue, ruddog servo arm, a CC BEC, axial 1.9 beadlocks, and the black versions of the diff covers and link and shock mount pieces, its going to be blue themed so the red would clash . and some metal stickers for the body.
Also got of of Holmes Hobbies Bypass adapters so i can run 7.4 volts straight to the servo...also got the ones with the aux plug by accident so i got a stip of blue LEDs to use that aux plug in. those haven't arrived yet.

thats about it for now, the build starts when i get off work today yay! lol.

thanks for looking
sharkattack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2016, 05:10 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Sharks SCX10ii

Small update:
Well as I was putting the tranny together it appears mine has the back and forth slop on the spur gear that everyone else had with their kits. So I was looking at some threads and found one that had a link to this....

And RPP hobby was the only place that had it so I ordered it.

Now it says if I use the axial racing 2 speed I have to use the spacer that's shown....But what if I get the SSD 2 speed for it anybody know? I was thinking of getting the SSD 2 speed tranny kit for it.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Looks like you have a nice setup coming along. Also Vanquish says if you use 2 speed you have to use the stock plastic axial spacer. Not sure if the same holds true for SSD though

Last edited by malickie; 12-27-2016 at 12:26 PM.
malickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

thanks
Old 12-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #5

Good luck on ur build
305juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Starting to look like a truck

Old 12-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

When building the shocks lots of people said they leak, well i first noticed that the o-rings outer diameter didnt fill the lower cap, so i may look into new bigger around o-rings, but till then i used CowRCs Udder butter instead of green slim and see if that works any better for the time being.

Build is going well though
Old 12-28-2016, 07:15 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Ready for paint.....Adding in some candy purple maybe some metallic black for the fenders.

Also have lots of parts coming.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:35 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

shes looking good. will be good in purple. as for the oring not fitting ive only found leaking from the top. so might not be necessary to order those larger rings unless you already have
MrLee1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:42 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

thanks its been a fun project, yeah i think it will compliment the blues really well and vise versa

no i haven't ordered any yet, ive just heard they leak pretty bad and noticed when i was putting the shocks together the o-rings were to small so i figured thats where the leaking was coming from. don't recall if anybody said where the leaking was actually coming from.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:30 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Installed the front set of the STRC Shock towers and fixed the issue of the steering servo horn hitting the lanyard mount had to see but I have just mm to spare lol but doesn't hit it.

Sent From My LG V20
Old 12-31-2016, 07:50 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Got most of the light in just 2 more on there way a Onetoomanyrcs light bar for the cargo holder and one more 2" proline light bar for the other side of the bumper.
And I'm still waiting for the candy purple paint....All I could paint was the fenders metallic black cause I had it.

And thanks to heyok for the light controller works perfect....Like being able to turn them on and off from the remote.

Sent From My LG V20

Last edited by sharkattack99; 12-31-2016 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:45 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkattack99 View Post
Got most of the light in just 2 more on there way a Onetoomanyrcs light bar for the cargo holder and one more 2" proline light bar for the other side of the bumper.
And I'm still waiting for the candy purple paint....All I could paint was the fenders metallic black cause I had it.

And thanks to heyok for the light controller works perfect....Like being able to turn them on and off from the remote.

Hey Shark,
Nice build so far. Are you running the onetoomanyrc headlights? I really like how bright they are and for $18 it seems like a great deal. Do you have a link for the light controller?

Thanks
-M
Pilot_MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:15 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

thanks

Yes i am running the onetoomanyrc headlights they are super bright.

the contoller is from Heyok on the forums here. this is the one i am using.... its nice not only can you turn them on and off with your controller but it has a low voltage warning built in.

RC Switch with Lipo Cutoff

just shoot him a message and he will set you up.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:32 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

ok so im almost finished well finished for now, lol.....

Got the body painted up not perfect and a few mess ups but for rattle can it looks ok.....i like it. just waiting on 1 more light bar from onetoomanyrcs the one for the roof rack and all the lights will be there.

not real sure how the purple effect got into the main blue color but i like it bonus accident i guess....

also still need to attach the body, i found what they call incognito body mounts by spare time hobbies. but having trouble ordering them. emailed rcaddict.us (site i found them on) hope it gets fixed.

also added the RC4WD steering stabilizer works pretty well for a steering link. thought about it for the pan hard link but decided on steering.

hope everybody that has looked has enjoyed the build as much as i have making it....

Last edited by sharkattack99; 01-05-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the reply. I will order one down the road. I will probably run them on Rx power initially but would like the full brightness from running 3S

BTW
DAYUM! That looks good and I don't like purple. Do you mind sharing the link for the incognito body mounts? I have some heavy duty Velcro. Was thinking about using but wasn't sure how secure it would be.

-M
Old 01-05-2017, 12:14 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_MM View Post
Thanks for the reply. I will order one down the road. I will probably run them on Rx power initially but would like the full brightness from running 3S

BTW
DAYUM! That looks good and I don't like purple. Do you mind sharing the link for the incognito body mounts? I have some heavy duty Velcro. Was thinking about using but wasn't sure how secure it would be.

-M
i use velco on my other scx10 and it holds pretty well.....
thanks, yeah im not a big fan of purple either, mostly put it in there for the wife cause thats who bought for me, but it actually turned out looking pretty good.
Incognito mount 87mm and the Incognito Mount 55mm need 1 of each if you have the stock jeep body. there is other variations depending on the body used, hope you can get them ordered i keep getting an error message may try there facebook page too (spare time hobbies)

i just bought a 3d printer and he sales his designs gunna try and print them myself we'll see how they turn out, lol
Old 01-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Cool! Thanks for the links. I really like their 3D printed interiors too. Can't wait to see a run video once its finished.

-M
Old 01-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

The incognito body mounts finally showed.

Finally got my Onetoomanyrcs light bar....Drilled 2 new holes fit perfect.

His light bar only...

The rest....

Then one with all on from the front...

Now I just need better weather... Lol

Sent From My LG V20
Old 01-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

With those lights do you really need better weather?!? Dang! I know what I am getting for sure now. Is that the BlackBeauty bar light too?

Do you have a Heyok light controller? What are you powering your light bar off of? I want to be able to get the full 12V of my 3S battery to power my light bar and I think HeyOk is the only way to do that.

-M

Sharks SCX10ii - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my Sharks apparel for the new season kgb424 Chit Chat 0 07-29-2016 11:11 PM
The Sharks are going to the Cup finals kgb424 Chit Chat 12 06-22-2016 11:50 PM
The San Jose Sharks going on to round 2 kgb424 Chit Chat 35 06-22-2016 10:11 PM
Sharks game!! rockassassin Chit Chat 2 03-28-2009 09:58 PM
Sharks are pussies JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 3 04-07-2006 09:56 AM