Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Amoney's SCX10 II Build Thread: Getting back into it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #21

Default Re: Amoney's SCX10 II Build Thread: Getting back into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoney View Post
And here is how it sits now. Some stuff isn't pictured, but don't worry now that i made a thread i will take more pictures.
Current Modlist:
Everything listed previously and
-SSD Front Bumper (best one I've seen yet)
-Vanquish Rockjock Currie Axle Front

Great looking build. How did you paint the lines on the doors and body? Sharpie? They look perfectly straight....Thanks
mkilci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2017, 10:50 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebhb View Post
That's pretty nice. I don't think I've seen this particular colour before, look perfect!
Thank you I'm pretty happy with it as well. i sat in front of the paint wall for at least 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubler View Post
Awesome build brother! Love it actually. IMO put those damn TSL's back on her. Not a fan of the HY not scale Rax. I really dig the new body and your fender cuts!!!!! Can I ask where you picked the body up from?
I like the TSl's as well, but where i crawl normally i need the extra clearance. Ill put them on again though. Thanks man the fender cuts was a worry some feat haha. I got the body on ebay, all the company's selling them its the same one so wherever you get it cheaper. i found one in the us already but it still took forever to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malickie View Post
Looking sweet, got a set of Hyrax's myself that I am going to stick the Pro-Line Dual Stage Foams in to help with mounting them a bit, plus I hear it really makes a big difference in the tires. Also got a set of Voodoo KLR's Silver, will be interesting to compare the two . Just have to wait for VP to return my front axle, popped one of the screw heads off when I was trying to screw in the diff cover, it went in odd, went to unscrew it and off came the head of the screw so had to send it in so they could access my gears and get new parts and or replace it, not sure how that is going down but should probably have it back sometime next week.

Might get Samix Front and Rear Shock Plates, see them on amain and in back order status at the moment but it looks like they add quite a few shock mounting points 9 for the front and 9 for the back from what I can see in the photos.
The Hyrax are sweet, gives it a different look as well. I like how they handle. Dude thats crappy to hear so far i have been lucky i hope i don't run into that same issue. i'm lazy so it probably would never get sent in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_MM View Post
Amoney,
Any idea if these two kits are the same?
The specs are the same but I am not entirely sure.

-M
Yeah those are the same body, everyone is getting them from the same factory in china.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilci View Post
Great looking build. How did you paint the lines on the doors and body? Sharpie? They look perfectly straight....Thanks
With a PARMA Dual tip Detail pen, they are made for lexan bodies. They are super helpful.
Amoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:32 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Amoney. Now to drop some subtle hits to my wife...

-M
Pilot_MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #24

So basically got it all done, have to mount the corner light lenses. Then i need to add my led kit in here but other than that im taking it out tonight.

Not pictured, but i filled the shocks with 20wt shock oil and switched to a soft/med spring combo. to my surprise the spring cups came with 2.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Thank you I'm pretty happy with it as well. i sat in front of the paint wall for at least 15 minutes.

I like the TSl's as well, but where i crawl normally i need the extra clearance. Ill put them on again though. Thanks man the fender cuts was a worry some feat haha. I got the body on ebay, all the company's selling them its the same one so wherever you get it cheaper. i found one in the us already but it still took forever to get.

The Hyrax are sweet, gives it a different look as well. I like how they handle. Dude thats crappy to hear so far i have been lucky i hope i don't run into that same issue. i'm lazy so it probably would never get sent in.

Yeah those are the same body, everyone is getting them from the same factory in china.

With a PARMA Dual tip Detail pen, they are made for lexan bodies. They are super helpful.
Applied from outside I assume? How do you keep it so straight? Super job...
mkilci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Looking very good. Nice scale items too. Now all you need is inner fenders for the front and rear , though with the almost rubbing of the body from the wheels not sure that would work the greatest.
malickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilci View Post
Applied from outside I assume? How do you keep it so straight? Super job...
From the outside yes, For the doors i just did it free hand for the hood i just laid some tape down and ran along that. can be removed with alcohol so mistakes can be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malickie View Post
Looking very good. Nice scale items too. Now all you need is inner fenders for the front and rear , though with the almost rubbing of the body from the wheels not sure that would work the greatest.
That was my next thing i wanted to get, might make my own to allow for clearance.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Hard body is awesome! Great work!
TFitzPat87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Was the hardbody in two parts?. The two links shown here shows the body actually split right being the front doors. I did see a seam that you filled on the roof but not much on the sides. Just wondering if it lined up fine or did it take a lot of fitting?
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
*sigh* Now I really want a hardbody. Nice looking rig. Maybe I can convince my wife this is what I need for my birthday next month....

-M
We ask for very different things from our wives on our birthdays ;)

Love the hard body and color. I painted my TF2 Blazer a similar color and it is pretty awesome. You've done a great job on this build!
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:16 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
We ask for very different things from our wives on our birthdays ;)

Some things I don't have to ask for...

BWAHAHAHAHA..

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread..

-M
Old 01-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
And here is how it sits now. Some stuff isn't pictured, but don't worry now that i made a thread i will take more pictures.
Current Modlist:
Everything listed previously and
-SSD Front Bumper (best one I've seen yet)
-Vanquish Rockjock Currie Axle Front

which interior is this?
coffeeaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

How exactly did you mount the hard body?
TFitzPat87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFitzPat87 View Post
Hard body is awesome! Great work!
Thanks man wait till you see it now lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toka100 View Post
Was the hardbody in two parts?. The two links shown here shows the body actually split right being the front doors. I did see a seam that you filled on the roof but not much on the sides. Just wondering if it lined up fine or did it take a lot of fitting?
Yes it was two parts it fits together pretty well, you can fine tune it a little bit and i sanded the transition of the doors on the passenger side slightly and it was good to go just filling the gap on the roof was left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaddict17 View Post
which interior is this?
Proline PL-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFitzPat87 View Post
How exactly did you mount the hard body?
Covered that in page one near the bottom to get pics, but i drilled holes on roof to go in stock location, then i cut the body posts up front and drilled a hole into them and have allens running through the hood.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #35

Okay i took a little hiatus from here but not crawling.

So i tested the truck the first day at my local rc track and it is very roll happy way too heavy. And not having rear axle weights (hurry that ass vanquish) doesnt help coming down inclines either.

With that i stiffened the springs and drooped the truck a little more. i still need to make a mount to lift my shocks slightly higher. For that im going to flip the HR lift kit. But as far as chassis twist i was getting alot so i stiffened the rear more and it helped a bunch.

Pics before i destroyed it LOL

I did not get any pictures after this run but know i broke all 4 handles lost a foglight and 3 windows fell out haha.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #36

Like i said in the previous post i messed this truck up at my local crawler course. so i fixed the windows used more shoogoo and painted all the damage silver. Then we took it to Vasquez Rocks and the body is destroyed lol. I had a blast with my buddies hough a couple huge tumbles but nothing too horrible. looks good though. Lost a taillight, but still have it and didnt put the corner lights on to eliminate losing those too.

- Ordered ssd rear bumper, excited its done. and thats it for incoming parts.
- Side Note: with my extra parts and after i upgrade my frame im going to start on a scx10 ii Dually build. i already have my stock axles and i ordered two sets of rear links to get slightly longer. and have the rc4wd duallys on order. Going to do a clodbuster body with a flat utility bed to tow this thing lol. want to finish this by axial fest.

Burrowing in my cave

Old 02-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

What an awesome read, thanks for sharing. Loving all the vanquish stuff - it's difficult to get your hands on that stuff over here
J55TTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

I gotta look back but you cut your fenders right? I wanna get this same body and think my smaller tires might fit better without cutting.

Would you say the body is fragile or were you really working it over? What did you glue the door handles with? I don't want to get it if its going to get destroyed the first time it rolls over.

In the two solo photos it doesn't look too bad! I think you should work those scratches to make it look weathered.

Did the rear bumper get hung up in this photo?

Just for some solace true crawlers never have cherry paint for long

-M
Old 02-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by J55TTC View Post
What an awesome read, thanks for sharing. Loving all the vanquish stuff - it's difficult to get your hands on that stuff over here
Thanks man, you could always try contacting them directly. i hardly buy from stores i always try to buy from the manufacturer.

Quote:
I gotta look back but you cut your fenders right? I wanna get this same body and think my smaller tires might fit better without cutting.

Would you say the body is fragile or were you really working it over? What did you glue the door handles with? I don't want to get it if its going to get destroyed the first time it rolls over.

In the two solo photos it doesn't look too bad! I think you should work those scratches to make it look weathered.

Did the rear bumper get hung up in this photo?

Just for some solace true crawlers never have cherry paint for long

-M
- Yes cut fenders about a 1/4"

- The body is a beast, i rolled down the side of a 30 foot rock hill, a couple times haha. i have about 4 hours of thrashing on it. I used testors model glue for the door handles, i broke one and pulled the other 3 off, can always be glued back on.

- Oh yeah thats the plan i did it the first time i took it out but have not yet after this trip. and no the rear bumper made it through. And aint that the truth about the paint.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #40

Got SSD new rear bumper in, Fitment is super good on the hardbody. Thats only update for now waiting on a couple parts. also trying to figure out why my front axle wont get centered

Amoney's SCX10 II Build Thread: Getting back into it - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My SCX10 Honcho Build Thread caleb.cole Axial SCX-10 25 02-20-2018 08:50 PM
My SCX10 Build Thread (Stormtrooper) r34gtrgodzilla Axial SCX-10 58 11-30-2014 03:05 PM
Ford SCX10 build thread Hydro-Tank Axial SCX-10 49 07-19-2011 03:19 AM
Deven's Scx10 Build thread devenaberger Axial SCX-10 11 06-29-2011 10:25 PM
Back to Basic Clod Super Build thread. run2jeepn Tamiya Clod Buster 49 12-19-2008 02:21 AM