Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Post up! Any new upgrades coming for SCX10.2?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 07:32 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Post up! Any new upgrades coming for SCX10.2?

Hi All,

Since the SCX10.2 is somewhat new, and more and more upgrades/hop-ups are coming out for it, I thought this would be a good on-going thread for people to post up what is "soon to be released" or "just recently released". I know some of you are more in the loop than us newer guys.

Reason I think this would be good is because when I'm doing my digging, I always turn up OG SCX10 parts. Understandable considering the OG has been out for a while, but kind of clutters things when your trying to find upgrades specific to the V2.

So anyway, anyone who is aware of anything that is (or might be) coming out for the SXC10.2, post em up! Pics would be great if those are available.

I hope we can keep this thread going for a while, so people have a place to find parts they may have missed in their searching, at their LHS, or online. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I don't have any pictures, but my small contribution is that I heard SSD is working on a rear bumper. From the looks of their front bumper, I assume it'll be pretty sweet!

**Please try and keep the convo to a minimum so the thread doesn't get too poluted**

Last edited by TFitzPat87; 01-11-2017 at 08:28 AM.
TFitzPat87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Post up! Any new upgrades coming for SCX10.2?

All these views and no one has anything? Oh well, worth a shot. Thought there'd be more out there and this would be a small hit.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:59 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Heard that MIP won't do any shafts for the model at the moment
Traulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

On the MIP's, you have to piece them together, and modify the skid a little. Here is the thread.

MIP 14390 & Front Shaft beef up review:

I think that will work.
lzysmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Yes,i seen that,just saying that there are no dedicated MIP's for scx10 2
Old 01-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

There are hardly any "dedicated" MIPs for anything. Just like the new Bomber "kit" they just came out with, the folks at MIP go to their existing parts bin and find what fits more or less then sells it as a kit for that truck. That's why the Wraith kit was so ill fitting for so long. The rear shaft barely stayed together because it was at the limit of extension. They usually wait for someone to do their work for them then copy the info into a "brand new kit". This is one of the many reasons I don't like MIPs in addition to the fact that they cavitate at high rotation speeds because of their incredibly loose spline tolerances, have a horrible CVD pin retention design, are unnecessarily heavy, rust like crazy, use severely failure prone hardware at the yokes, fall apart completely without frequent red loctite, and are extremely unscale and downright fugly IMHO. Even Junfac shafts are better designed and much cheaper. MIP makes great hex drivers though.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
There are hardly any "dedicated" MIPs for anything. Just like the new Bomber "kit" they just came out with, the folks at MIP go to their existing parts bin and find what fits more or less then sells it as a kit for that truck. That's why the Wraith kit was so ill fitting for so long. The rear shaft barely stayed together because it was at the limit of extension. They usually wait for someone to do their work for them then copy the info into a "brand new kit". This is one of the many reasons I don't like MIPs in addition to the fact that they cavitate at high rotation speeds because of their incredibly loose spline tolerances, have a horrible CVD pin retention design, are unnecessarily heavy, rust like crazy, use severely failure prone hardware at the yokes, fall apart completely without frequent red loctite, and are extremely unscale and downright fugly IMHO. Even Junfac shafts are better designed and much cheaper. MIP makes great hex drivers though.
Now that is what I call a rant! And I completely agree
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #8

Not sure how new these are, but I just found out about them a couple of weeks ago. Fender well liners from a company called GRC, which I purchased through seller clubrc on eBay. Fit PERCECTLY, to my surprise! I had to trim a little to clear the SSD front bumper setup (nothing that will ever be visible), but all of the holes lined up exactly as they should. They're obviously 3D printed, but the flash in the picture definitely exaggerates that a bit. Haha

The scale details like the vents and structural ribs are a very nice touch! It should keep the inside nice and clean, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guards951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:38 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Duly noted! Sounds like you've been waiting to get that off your chest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guards951 View Post
Not sure how new these are, but I just found out about them a couple of weeks ago. Fender well liners from a company called GRC, which I purchased through seller clubrc on eBay. Fit PERCECTLY, to my surprise! I had to trim a little to clear the SSD front bumper setup (nothing that will ever be visible), but all of the holes lined up exactly as they should. They're obviously 3D printed, but the flash in the picture definitely exaggerates that a bit. Haha

The scale details like the vents and structural ribs are a very nice touch! It should keep the inside nice and clean, as well.

I did actually come across those recently too. I want a set. Happen to have a link to the ebay seller?

EDIT: I found it. Ouch! 70 bones? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-I...0AAOSwt5hYZV9G

Last edited by TFitzPat87; 01-12-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

70 holey shit 200 more and buy a 3d printer

I did actually come across those recently too. I want a set. Happen to have a link to the ebay seller?

EDIT: I found it. Ouch! 70 bones? Front / Rear Inner Fender Wells / Mudguard for Axial SCX10 II AX90046 AX90047 | eBay[/QUOTE]
Skyjacker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Anyone know if you can purchase the STL files for those? I could print them at work!
Old 01-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by guards951 View Post

Is that a Yeti shock tower adjuster cut in half on your upper shock mount?
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #13

Quote:
They actually are! Haha
I figured I'd try it out. It gave me a surprising amount of additional flex, without any ill effects so far.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:04 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
yes sir! i saw that mod surfing in you tube. it does give you additional flex but height increases just a bit
Jamifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjacker56 View Post
70 holey shit 200 more and buy a 3d printer

EDIT: I found it. Ouch! 70 bones? Front / Rear Inner Fender Wells / Mudguard for Axial SCX10 II AX90046 AX90047 | eBay
[/QUOTE]

here you go,cheaper

1/10 SCX10 II AX90046 90047 Mudguard Fares | eBay
Old 01-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Have mips in all my trigs,no issues,just the rust thing,wich is a nice realistic feature.You don't see any cars with shiny shafts.They hold well,no problems even on brushless motorI used axial ax10 shafts for my wraith,again no issues.Junfac they are ok,till one point.If u cross that point,they will break
Old 01-13-2017, 07:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traulus View Post
That's actually more expensive, with shipping! That's how they get you.
Plus you have to wait for it to come from China.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

https://pinshape.com/items/26440-3d-...-10-ii-fenders

if you already have a 3d printer....i bought a 3d printer and bought these plans to print.
also bought his dash and interior as well now i just have to wait for my printer to show up

Last edited by sharkattack99; 01-13-2017 at 09:08 AM.
sharkattack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:34 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

A local guy just picked up those GRC wheel wells a week ago. They look perfect ...exactly what I'm looking for. There is also a section for the back middle to fully close it in. With that piece, you're at $80.00! I really really want them; but, I just don't think I'm willing to throw down $80.00 when I would like to start another build at some point etc.

The product looks spot on; but, the price seems steep. A profit is fair and he created the product, so I understand and won't bash on that. I'm just curious on what kind of mark up that is with materials once you take the actual printer out - assuming it's owned and paid for.

I've made some other crazy purchases on these cars. There is still a fair chance I end up with these.
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the pinshape link. I actually work at EOS (if you're familar). The machines that Shapeways uses to make their customer products/files are our machines. I actually work in our applications team, so when our plastic machines have some down time, I can throw them on and build myself a set.

The GRC's are a solid look though, but that price is too steep. I think they were going for $40 when they were originally released, but that's obviously not the case anymore.

Tags
hop ups, hop-ups, scx10 ii, scx10.2, upgrades

Post up! Any new upgrades coming for SCX10.2? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Noise coming from the axle UNDEAD_DC Axial SCX-10 7 03-01-2014 05:08 PM
post upgrades!!!!!! axialdude1 Traxxas Crawlers 16 05-11-2013 06:58 PM