Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Buttery Smooth! Axial SCX10II Bleeded Shock Mod - A Must Do all SCX10II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 01:24 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Buttery Smooth! Axial SCX10II Bleeded Shock Mod - A Must Do all SCX10II

I'm wondering if these will work for the scx10 2 shocks. Axial Racing - Shock Diaphragm 13x4.5mm (6pcs these are from the yeti kit Icon shocks.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2017, 02:59 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Buttery Smooth! Axial SCX10II Bleeded Shock Mod - A Must Do all SCX10II

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
I'm wondering if these will work for the scx10 2 shocks. Axial Racing - Shock Diaphragm 13x4.5mm (6pcs these are from the yeti kit Icon shocks.
No that link says they fit XR10 and Wraith which are a larger diameter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Just did the buttery smooth on my rear shocks. Made the rears a whole lot better. I made sure I got that great too. My shocked leak like a siv but greasing the lower prongs has help a lot. I also set my rear shocks at 93mm instead of 90. Nice difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeeptec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #44

I'll have to try this.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 PM   #45
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerc2013 View Post
Thanks for the help detail. AE kit is around &7 shipped so still not to late to use the AE ones.

Very hard .... bad rebound effects, difficult to bleed properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
SCX shocks are 10mm ..... you would need 10x ***mm
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #46
Y-Town Crawlers

Try AE 18T shock bladders, P/N 21190. We've been running them for years in comp trucks, and it's night and day compared to stock.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:00 PM   #47

I have tried both the Duratrax and AE parts listed above and I couldn't get either one to work properly. The Duratrax bladders are too big. The AE bladders in the 21190 kit fit but they are a hair too small. Once i had my shock assembled with the AE bladders I noticed the bladder gets sucked into the shock body when I extend the shock. While testing on my bench, I could here a little "pop" sound through the hole in the cap, and then I have an oily mess. Still searching for a bladder that is right between the Duratrax and AE parts mentioned.
JDot90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:15 PM   #48
Y-Town Crawlers

One thing to check is that the top of the shock shaft isn't contacting the bladder on compression. You might have to put a small external limiter on the shock shaft.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDot90 View Post
I have tried both the Duratrax and AE parts listed above and I couldn't get either one to work properly. The Duratrax bladders are too big. The AE bladders in the 21190 kit fit but they are a hair too small. Once i had my shock assembled with the AE bladders I noticed the bladder gets sucked into the shock body when I extend the shock. While testing on my bench, I could here a little "pop" sound through the hole in the cap, and then I have an oily mess. Still searching for a bladder that is right between the Duratrax and AE parts mentioned.
I picked up a set of Traxxas 1/16 shock bladders last night. Measuring with my eye-mometer and a ruler in the hobby shop, they look like a perfect fit.

I'll post back with a follow-up and a part number after I've had a chance to try them..
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
I picked up a set of Traxxas 1/16 shock bladders last night. Measuring with my eye-mometer and a ruler in the hobby shop, they look like a perfect fit.

I'll post back with a follow-up and a part number after I've had a chance to try them..
Thanks. I was going to try the Traxxas 7062 bladders next.
JDot90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:39 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah, 7062, that's what they are; couldn't remember the pn when I posted..

I'll test fit one tonight and let you know..
Old 03-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

The 7062 are a little smaller then the duratrax ones so they should be perfect fit.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:59 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
The 7062 are a little smaller then the duratrax ones so they should be perfect fit.

I didn't have time to fully test fit them last night but I was able to try it in the shock cap..

It fits into the cap exactly as I would expect it to, I'm pretty optimistic that this is the right fit.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I didn't have time to fully test fit them last night but I was able to try it in the shock cap..

It fits into the cap exactly as I would expect it to, I'm pretty optimistic that this is the right fit.

Did these work? I'm heading to the hobby store today and just wondering if I should pick these up.
Sapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Thats the 7062? They look a little to small, they should fit the whole cap.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapes View Post
Did these work? I'm heading to the hobby store today and just wondering if I should pick these up.
I probably didn't catch you in time, but yes they fit perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Thats the 7062? They look a little to small, they should fit the whole cap.
Yes, that's the 7062's. They actually fit tighter than what the photo indicates, I think they fit perfectly. They do fill the whole cap quite nicely.

I've got all 4 of my shocks done and I'm quite happy with the results; they definitely feel plusher and smoother with less stiction. Now just to wait and see if they start leaking out the bottom caps again...

More pics on my Instagram (rc_by_quesodeldiablo) if anyone wants to see but I can't be bothered to jump through the hoops to get them posted on here..

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 03-27-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:46 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I probably didn't catch you in time, but yes they fit perfectly.

Yes, that's the 7062's. They actually fit tighter than what the photo indicates, I think they fit perfectly. They do fill the whole cap quite nicely.

I've got all 4 of my shocks done and I'm quite happy with the results; they definitely feel plusher and smoother with less stiction. Now just to wait and see if they start leaking out the bottom caps again...

More pics on my Instagram (rc_by_quesodeldiablo) if anyone wants to see but I can't be bothered to jump through the hoops to get them posted on here..
Use the tapatalk app. No hoops to jump. Just select the pic and hit upload/send and it's there.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:59 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
you can slightly stretch the ae bladder by simply pressing it on a piece of glass let sit for 5 minute then it would be perfect. one my ae bladder was a hair too small and i did this trick it worked out great.
joerc2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:44 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Does anyone know of some X-rings that fit the lower seal section of the shock body?

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote

Buttery Smooth! Axial SCX10II Bleeded Shock Mod - A Must Do all SCX10II - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10ii axles vs XR mod shiftauto Axial SCX-10 5 04-04-2019 10:13 AM
SCX10ii Shock woes Tuna Axial SCX10 II 7 02-08-2017 04:59 PM
Axial SCX10II and Vanquish Products Hodortime Newbie General 4 12-23-2016 12:04 PM