Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Toyota SR5 1985

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2017, 06:28 AM   #41

Default Re: Toyota SR5 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 View Post
Truck looks awesome!!
If you release these interior parts soon, I'll add them to the Dinky Rc honcho interior I have waiting to be put in. It fits well inside the Sr5 body even though it was designed for the Honcho, I'll try my best to work it in there and make these interior peices fit.

Here's my truck so far using some of your parts. Still have to add your door handles and rear window frame but so far they have worked out excellent! Thank you for sharing these fantastically scale parts!!

looks very nice! Pls do some good quality photos in some nice place I will share it on Facebook if You want THX! And yes interior parts are avaiable now

Last edited by rcnerds; 05-07-2017 at 06:40 AM.
rcnerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnerds View Post
looks very nice! Pls do some good quality photos in some nice place I will share it on Facebook if You want THX! And yes interior parts are avaiable now
Sounds good. Sorry for the photo backdrop quality, its hard to find time to work on these projects with a 1 year old, I cannot stray to far when shes taking a nap so sometimes I just work where its feasible.

I'll be sure to get some shots of the complete truck when its out in its natural habitat. I still have to paint up your very scale door handles and rear window slider, mount the rear taillights, and do some wiring.. but I'm really looking forward to the interior part of this one.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #43

I am now waiting for the prototypes for all interior parts, so I made short video with my bulid
Old 05-21-2017, 04:46 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Marty Mcfly's truck from back to the future. Bad ass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jeeptec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:12 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

I'm building this now and cant figure out the radiator?

There is a radiator panel that is supposed to be suspended behind the grill- but I cant figure out how to mount it.

thanks in advance...
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:56 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
I'm building this now and cant figure out the radiator?

There is a radiator panel that is supposed to be suspended behind the grill- but I cant figure out how to mount it.

thanks in advance...
Did you buy the 2 peices separately? There was an option to get the 2 already put together. It looks like on mine the inner grille fins were just printed on with the whole peice..
Old 06-20-2017, 12:16 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the reply boss.

Yeah its a separate piece from shapeways (OP's creation I think). It does look different from yours.

Anyway I broke the radiator piece while trying to cut it out and so now I will have to jury rig something because I don't think it will stick to the flimsy grill.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Ok now where did he get those mudflaps? LOL
Old 07-06-2017, 06:27 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
Ok now where did he get those mudflaps? LOL
Sorry for late rply. Separate grill part have holes to put it on grill part with little "pins" using some glue.

And here is a little update for rest project

Last part of this bulid -interior is ready. All parts for this part are printed and painted and assembled.

I put inside most iconic female movie character from the 80s. Ellen Ripley She might looks a little to small but I like her.

As always some ptohots:

And little bonus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvHfhTL0OA
Old 07-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Thanks boss- I just finished mine.

I never put figures because to me they are always the weak link in scale appearance but she looks great.

Aliens 2- the best sci-fi movie ever! The last scene always gets me - fantastic execution by Cameron.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:59 AM   #51

Quote:
Sorry for late rply. Separate grill part have holes to put it on grill part with little "pins" using some glue.

And here is a little update for rest project

Last part of this bulid -interior is ready. All parts for this part are printed and painted and assembled.

I put inside most iconic female movie character from the 80s. Ellen Ripley She might looks a little to small but I like her.

As always some ptohots:

And little bonus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvHfhTL0OA
This is incredible! And the photos with the Alien background are awesome! Nice job.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:52 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Truck looks great and so does interior, grill etc., but the interior door panels are wrong. The armrests are in approximate proper location, but the door release (and window crank if manual windows) should be towards the front of the door panels.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:13 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Truck looks great and so does interior, grill etc., but the interior door panels are wrong. The armrests are in approximate proper location, but the door release (and window crank if manual windows) should be towards the front of the door panels.
Thanks. Yep it will be modified in future : )
Old 07-07-2017, 02:53 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

That interior is a work of art. Nicely done!
IVIaarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:12 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks. Yep it will be modified in future : )
Good to hear, looks freakin fantastic otherwise!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:32 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Nerds View Post
I know its been forever since an update, but haven't had time to get around to the utilization of your interior parts on the Dinky interior frame. I checked Shapeways store for your parts catalogue, but you are not there anymore? Maybe I didnt look hard enough. Do I purchase directly from your website/Facebook store? Thanks in advance for any info on where to purchase..

This 10ii is to be comped tommorow and still have much to do before morning. Since the SR5 is not completed yet, I'm going to be running my 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ unfortunatley, booo. No, just kidding, its a great looking body (for LEXAN). Plus my wife would get mad at me talking bad on her daily d'er 1:1.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #57

Matty You can find all parts that I used in my interior in Toyota SR5 section on RC Nerds Shapeways store. Only things that you cannot found are floor ( made form styrene) and seats. Because price of this will be extremly high.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:48 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 View Post
I know its been forever since an update, but haven't had time to get around to the utilization of your interior parts on the Dinky interior frame. I checked Shapeways store for your parts catalogue, but you are not there anymore? Maybe I didnt look hard enough. Do I purchase directly from your website/Facebook store? Thanks in advance for any info on where to purchase..

This 10ii is to be comped tommorow and still have much to do before morning. Since the SR5 is not completed yet, I'm going to be running my 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ unfortunatley, booo. No, just kidding, its a great looking body (for LEXAN). Plus my wife would get mad at me talking bad on her daily d'er 1:1.
What lights did you use for the rollbar? Also what did you use to mount the rollbar? Any screws I use seem to grind away at the rollbar material, and become loose. I'm thinking I have to use some kind of glue or filler before I use the screws?
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
What lights did you use for the rollbar? Also what did you use to mount the rollbar? Any screws I use seem to grind away at the rollbar material, and become loose. I'm thinking I have to use some kind of glue or filler before I use the screws?
The un-finished build thread can be seen here Another custom 4x4 for Statler Toyota..

But to answer your question on spot, I used Rc4wd's IPF round lights or Hella. They come in different set ups, i.e. detailed with mirror illumination inside the light housings, but thats 10 bucks more!. I just got 2 sets of the (at the time) $25 a set for 2 lights. It comes with all the hardware.

For mounting the rollbar I used 4-40×.4735 stainless hex cap heads. They fit nice and snug for the holes Knights put in the bar. For the back 2 holes where the wheel well is, I had to use some shorter 4-40s I think they were 5/16 length as opposed to the 7/16 (.4735).

Toyota SR5 1985 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro-Line 1985 Toyota HiLux SR5 2-Piece Body for 12.3" Pro-Line Racing Paint and Body 120 08-02-2018 09:21 AM
Toyota SR5 wheels? gmctoy Tires and Wheels 5 02-16-2017 03:14 AM
1985 Toyota Pickup pardonmyn00b 1.5 Scale Rigs 53 11-30-2016 10:55 AM
'83 Toyota 4x4 SR5 tozrovr RC4WD Trail Finder 2 93 06-05-2013 06:57 PM