Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Redemon's other SCX10.2 Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Redemon's other SCX10.2 Build

Well this is actually my third 10.2. Second is just a rtr i received in a trade.
I went to a comp with the rtr and just did flat terrible. So i decided to try and build my own comp truck out of 10.2 axles.
So i bought some housings and bought some HR axles shafts and some Deadloc gears.
Called up brazin to make me a g10 chassis.
Using Gmade RSD shocks for now. They are 90mm at the moment. Will be going shorter eventually.
Going to be using the Proline F100 Honcho body.
Im gonna try my hand at making my own rear cage setup.
Going to use a Holmes 13T motor and a HW 1080 esc
Solar D772 will steer the thing for now.

I was trying a set of 70mm scale shocks to see how much it lowered it. Not really gonna work i dont think.

Made my own panhard mount. The stock one was a bit short with the 3D printed piece that comes with the chassis.

Body should be painted this week. Maybe start cage work this week also.

Here is a picture of all the rigs i have that hang up. I have a mud truck also and a Honda Ridgeline Slash and a Tamiya Civic Drift car also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by redemon; 12-15-2017 at 11:11 AM.
redemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2017, 08:05 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Redemon's other SCX10.2 Build

At least you know that wall is solid with that monster hanging there.

Been waiting to see more Brazin 10.2 chassis builds. Wes said mine should be cut this week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Very cool, can we see how you mounted your panhard?
Evan Harich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Which part?
The mount itself?
Old 04-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Got the truck to roller status. And started to build the roll cage. Was going to use 1/4 aluminum. Have since changed to 3/16 steel rod. Turns out my cheap HF welder welds it good enough to get by. Will be getting a tig though sometime soon. Also got me a few little machines to make all this easier.
Made me a few spacers to strengthen up the frame rails.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Well i have gotten some work done the past week or so. Finished up the cage and made some sliders. None of this is perfect or the greatest looking but for my first go at this i like it and if it works then good. I learned alot this go around that will make the second one that much easier. Plus getting a better welder will make all the difference. I might even do some brazing to see how that turns out.

Im also building a course at my house for some local comp stuff. Im calling this element Slickrock. Yeah thats from Tellico. My dad and I used to trail ride up there years ago.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I ordered in a set of 80mm RSD shocks to lower this truck a bit. Dont think im going to use them though. The body is at the point to where it cant go any lower. So it will stay where it is for now. I did add all the electronics and drove it around the yard and seemed to do well. Im probably going to put the soft springs on the rear and keep the mediums on the front. I still have to paint the body and figure out what to paint the cage and sliders with. Also need to figure out a winch situation. Im either going to do a servo winch or a SSD Ox winch for the scale points.

Last edited by redemon; 12-15-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:37 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Also have finished a bit more on the home course. Getting closer and closer to having a comp at my house.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #9

I've been looking at buying a brazin chassis but I was wondering if everything fit correct.
offroadinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:47 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Well i finished the rig up. Paint is a little crappy but it will work. First comp in it is today. Should be interesting to see how it works.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Well I have been two comps in on this rig. Truck is a beast. The brazin chassis is great. The mix of parts on the rsd shocks seem to be working well. That Holmes power is just fantastic. I was on the way to winning this last comp when the idler gear in the trans went poof. I guess when i was building the truck i grabbed the wrong trans. It was still a plastic one. I also had a huge fall and broke the stinger off the back cage. Also broke that stupid 3D printed panhard mount. Just all around a rough day. But I have already rebuilt the trans and put a new mount on it. So im ready for the next event. I also built a winch mount in the rear of the truck and a small front bumper.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Not alot of changes made. Moved the winch to a front bumper which i hate tremendously. Moved the servo to a gcm front mount. Using a wertymade panhard mount. Turns out i had something wrong somewhere causing a slight bind when i turn.

So fast forward to now. I have moved the servo to the axle. Added some Phat Axles from out of my store. Added a ucfab servo mount and some beef tubes knuckles. I will then figure out how to move the winch behind the body and make a different front bumper with a stinger. I also changed all my rod ends to the new Boom Racing Badass rod ends (tons better than any other rod end).

Old 12-06-2017, 07:54 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

That land rover sticker in one of the pics " best 4 x 4 x far "

In Danish far means dad or daddy

Put a T after far to get fart and you have speed in Danish and not flatulence.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

This is our Series IIA that was turned into a crawler. My dad had the guy who started terraflex way back when, make him some drop shackles for the rovers. My dad had 12 sets made and were the only sets ever made as far as i know. I still have one in my shop now. His buddies got the other sets.
The other truck was an ambulance. Not sure how we wound up with it. But i drove it to high school for a while. I have slept in the back numerous times while at rallies.

All in all the land rover world is great. The people are a trip. I have met alot of people from all over the world throughout the years.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Well back to tiny trucks. Had a comp this weekend and it went pretty well. My biggest issue is I drive to slow and some of the bigger events i goto a low time is important. So i use this small comp to make myself be quicker. I placed first with the fastest time and didnt hit a single gate. No rollovers or hand of god. This new front end is great. Going to axle mount servo was a great decision. On to the pictures.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #16
Gold Star Baby!

Your truck is fantastic. Glad it performed well for you.

Can you elaborate on the process and parts needed to mount the Servo on the axle? I’m upgrading my Servo soon and that seems like a great application.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:10 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Thanks Pant.
Go to Beef Tubes website and order the UCFAB servo mount.
You do have to make a extra upper link to make it a 4 link, also make a steering link.
Not that hard but it is some fab work that has to be done.
Also not sure if you will be able to keep using the stock battery tray, you may but this truck is far from stock form.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:38 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Going to test a few pictures here. Apparently more than one of you guys think they are to big without just saying something.

Redemon's other SCX10.2 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redemon's 10.2 Build redemon Axial SCX10 II 4 05-03-2017 07:41 AM
Redemon's Burly Mud Truck Build (yes another one) redemon Axial SCX-10 38 05-05-2016 03:04 PM
1.9 wraith build or scx10 build? Cork Newbie General 13 06-08-2015 08:17 AM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
Redemon's Slow Progress Pro Roller Build redemon Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 21 08-04-2011 12:33 PM