Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: New Boom racing axle.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Boom racing axle.

Boom vs Xtra Speed

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Shawns303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #22

Sorry for bumping, but might be interesting for some: the assembled AR44 Phat axles are just available for sale again. You can buy them in bundle for a little less.
I am new to RC, got a second hand scx10.2, and I am very-very impressed by it. As an upgrade I decided to go for these axles.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?Axi...d=144177&pid=1

Last edited by agrof; 01-25-2018 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typo
agrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #23

I received the Boom Racing AR44 PHAT complete assembled axles, and hereby I add my impressions and experience.

They look good with nice finish. There is barely grease in the pumpkins - make sure to fill up them properly!

Rear Axle:
There is some incoherency in the mould, as I rotate the end caps to get more clearance and tighten the bolts, it can deform it a bit (except in original position), and strains the rotation a lot. My temporarly solution is not to tighten the bolts very much, with a good amount of thread locker.

Front Axle:
Well, we have some issues here... The knuckles had quite some play (0,4-0,5 mm overall). If one sands the bolt sleeves a bit, than this play can be reduced / eliminated. I don't get, why is it not set precisely out of the box, no big deal tough.

But the links. This item is advertised as SCX10 II upgrade part, BUT it comes with links for Axle Mounted Servo (??).
If You want to use this setup, You need to order still an AMS adaptor as extra - not indicated anywhere in description.
If You want to use it for SCX10 II CMS setup, You need to use the original links (why to pay for the stainless steel links than??) OR You have to order the replacement stainless steel links as extra - not indicated anywhere in description.
All in all, You can not use it for any of the cases as plug and play stuff. No idea what was the thinking behind this setup, I tried to reach Boom Racing and ATees too several times - still no answer after weeks.

I ended up to order the extra stainless steel links - and waited some weeks (again) to arrive. I write this small novel in hope to note other potential buyers, so they can order the extra parts they need in one batch (not like I had to run my extra rounds).
I also wrote reviews for Atees, but only appeared what I wrote for the REAR one. I asked about the other one (for the FRONT, where I pointed out the above written), after couple emails, still no useful response - but my REAR review is gone since I raised my questions... Shipping, products, price are OK, but ATees customer service really needs improvement.

I hope this helps a bit for people who are considering to buy these (otherwise good) products.

Last edited by agrof; 03-17-2018 at 03:39 PM.
agrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:23 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

I'm running these axles on my SCX10. I've converted to the CMS and am very happy with them compared to the massive pumpkins on the stock SCX10.
DavinG is offline   Reply With Quote

New Boom racing axle. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boom racing Phat axle xr mod Johan_Eriksson Axial SCX-10 5 11-04-2018 12:18 PM
Boom racing d90/110 phat axle experiences? scalemadness General Crawlers 5 06-17-2017 04:29 AM
Boom Racing XR Axle Review OSRC General Crawlers 40 05-16-2017 09:18 AM
Boom racing scx10 Steel Axle housing slimfire 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 05-13-2016 08:15 AM