Notices

Thread: Should I cancel my order?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Should I cancel my order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Romania must have some crazy exchange rates if $40 in US currency works out to double the price.
Yes it will be arround 600 dolars in our country

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Traulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traulus View Post
Who says that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
The same guy who told me you were an asshole, but personally, I agree with him. I will be surprised if a more interesting rig appears this year. If one does come down the road this calendar year my money is on Vaterra stepping up.
Do you guys have previous history with each other?

If not, him posting with a smiley and no insult doesn't seem to warrant calling him an asshole..... jeez.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:22 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Your missing out on the great weather right now for crawling (not too hot, not to cold). I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really like crawling on the rocks standing still not getting a breeze when its 90+ degrees out with humidity. At least trail riding your getting somewhat of a breeze from a brisk walk.

If they take any longer, I would just get a TRX4, Ascender or even give the CFX-W a shot witg its portals.. just my $0.2
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:32 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 View Post
Your missing out on the great weather right now for crawling (not too hot, not to cold). I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really like crawling on the rocks standing still not getting a breeze when its 90+ degrees out with humidity. At least trail riding your getting somewhat of a breeze from a brisk walk.

If they take any longer, I would just get a TRX4, Ascender or even give the CFX-W a shot witg its portals.. just my $0.2

I deal with the 90+ year round, or rain all summer. Mornings are usually the best, but a floppy hat does help

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I deal with the 90+ year round, or rain all summer. Mornings are usually the best, but a floppy hat does help

Hang up and Drive
I know exactly what your talking about. That SW Florida humidity gets unbearable after 9am..

You got perfect rip rap rock set-up everywhere though so your lucky. I want to move back down there, but the pay sucks. Maybe when I retire..
Old 06-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

I've been running the creek beds as it's been sooooo dry here. But that has been a lot more fun !

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-02-2017, 10:18 AM   #27

Axial doesn't want you as a customer. Why do I say that? Because they haven't made an official announcement and an official apology like they should have done a long, long time ago. Their delivery date keeps getting pushed back. You can have a Vaterra Ascender now and have a great truck.

Even the HPI and Traxxas will probably be widely available around the same time the Axial vehicles come back in stock.

Why wait for Axial?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #28

FWIW, I got my backordered kit Wednesday. I'll find out if it was worth the wait when I get it together.😀
sgtmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmack View Post
FWIW, I got my backordered kit Wednesday. I'll find out if it was worth the wait when I get it together.

That blows Jato's logic

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #30

Quote:
That blows Jato's logic

Hang up and Drive
Not really. It doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings that Axial will be back to normal stock when Tower sends out emails saying something like "Hey we're getting a few Axials back in stock. Get them while they last."

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the actual email.

online print screen
Old 06-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Damned if they do.....

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Scale rigs are lame for that reason alone I would cancel my order. Build a MOA crawler or a 2.2s crawler...
or just have best of both worlds
jdmguy760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #33
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Scale rigs are lame for that reason alone I would cancel my order. Build a MOA crawler or a 2.2s crawler...
I guess I'm lame because I have scalers. However according to some people, grown men playng with any toy trucks is lame. So I guess you're as lame as those of us who have scalers. Wait a minute... I also have a pro shafty so am I double lame? Damn, that's lame if I'm double lame. Or am I lamer than that, I've got a bunch of scalers and an moa. Damn, I'm really lame.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Axial doesn't want you as a customer. Why do I say that? Because they haven't made an official announcement and an official apology like they should have done a long, long time ago. Their delivery date keeps getting pushed back. You can have a Vaterra Ascender now and have a great truck.

Even the HPI and Traxxas will probably be widely available around the same time the Axial vehicles come back in stock.

Why wait for Axial?
People on the forum here are thinking we are insane and hilarious for expecting an apology, but oohh no, I'm very serious. We ALL need and demand one from them. That alone is a big turn off in my eyes towards the company and I know I'm not alone. As far as I'm concerned, it should have been done officially and publicly (without a private e-mail) the day or within the week they found out about their misfortune's. That's complete and utter bull-ish it wasn't or hasn't been done (yet).

As far as the OP's question goes, I've said it once and I'll say it again. I've seen the same question asked on FB groups. Hobbyists new and old, wanted and expected their backordered purchase within the time frame givin. With it not in their hands yet, they are complaing of missing out on fun events and are compelled with other new rigs that have became available. Also, they want to get out of the house, whether it be to get away from the nagging GF or wife or just get out and get some much wanted exercise in the (depending on they're geographical location) nice weather late spring and early summer offers. I think it is a fantastic question and I hope Axial is reading the people's frustration's and dilemma's with irony.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:06 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

The unfortunate side effect of a company getting large is they could care less about some random people here and there complaining about wanting their back ordered items when they, the company knows that they will start production and get them out anyway. As for what the hell is going on, that is their business, granted they could have said yeah we will be back in production on such and such a date or at least given a general idea of a time frame at any rate. Although I am guessing they may have given places like Tower and such a rough estimate hence them have a probable date on orders. Even still, they could have been the best company in the world and if there where any hiccups along the way it would cause delays anyway.

I mean take a look at the cellphone manufacturers, i.e. Samsung, Apple etc. They usually always fall behind on production dates, yes people complain, but at the end of the day no one cares once they have their hands on their new shiny phone. So really pretty par for the course.
malickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:16 PM   #36

Default Should I cancel my order?

I got my used scx10 2 for $230 shipped from the Rcgroups forums. Bone stock kit made into an RTR works great, extremely happy with it

Flexing it out with a TRX 4

Btw: it did come with Rc4wd 35t and axial ae-5, tactic tsx45 servo, tactic remote, and 2 kinexis 2s lipos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ljl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:00 AM   #37

Quote:
Damned if they do.....

Hang up and Drive
If they do maybe, but they still have not.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

Why wait for Axial?
HPI have anounced their Venture in february 2016 at toy fair in Nurnberg.One year and half later still no sign of them on the market,but people are complaining about Axial?
Traulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #39

Quote:
HPI have anounced their Venture in february 2016 at toy fair in Nurnberg.One year and half later still no sign of them on the market,but people are complaining about Axial?
People have been complaining about the Venture, and HPI overall, for years.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The company declared bankruptcy in the meantime. Fair reason for a delay I'd say. If Ripmax would not have stepped in, they would have most likely been liquidated.

Comparing HPI to Axial's issue is not even close. Although HPI at least put out a statement to its customers which is more respect shown than Axial could be bothered to do.
OSRC is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, comunication, service

Should I cancel my order? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When should i order Traulus Axial SCX10 II 9 06-07-2016 07:19 PM
Order skid plate Comments, Suggestions, and Help 0 12-23-2008 09:43 AM
going to order one iceman320 Electronics 20 03-22-2008 09:42 AM
just placed an order cammok5 Electronics 13 09-19-2007 08:43 PM
Order Up! RockRevolver Tamiya TLT Crawlers 12 09-01-2006 09:13 AM