Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Toyota Truggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Toyota Truggy

Made it out for a little bit today. I made a couple of adjustments while I was out. I had put some preload in the shock springs hoping to minimize or eliminate any body rub. I wasn't getting any rub, but the ride height seemed a little high. I took all of the preload out to drop it a bit and it seemed to help and I still wasn't getting any rub.

My steering needed to be adjusted as I just wasn't getting a lot of steering throw. I made some adjustments to the steering travel on my radio. That combined with the overdrive gearing helped for some tighter turn radius.

I also bought some smaller batteries, 3 cell 2200 mah compared to 3 cell 5200 mah. The smaller batteries also made for better clearance for the interior.

Some photos. Some of these are edited. Some are duplicates but with a different filter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ebbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Well this is pretty cool! Krawler Konceptz featured my photo as their cover photo!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Well, it's been a while since I last posted on this. I've made some changes to help improve performance. Unfortunately, I had to let the full styrene interior go to reduce weight high on the rig. I replaced it with the interior from an RR10 Bomber and the helmeted head I originally wanted to use, so not a total loss I suppose.

I also added some shock keys to help angle the shocks more and lower the ride height. This seems to have made a huge difference in performance.

I also finally got the Pitbull Braven Ironsides and mounted them up. They look pretty fresh but I have not had the opportunity to see how they perform. The stock foam seems a little stiff but I understand they do soften over time.

Prior to getting the Pitbull Braven Ironsides, I ran the rig for a bit at the Feeling Frosty event in Oxford, Ohio. I was happy with the way it performed at the event.

Hoping to get the rig out tomorrow to see how the Pitbull Braven Ironsides perform.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:13 PM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Default Toyota Truggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbet View Post
Well, it's been a while since I last posted on this. I've made some changes to help improve performance. Unfortunately, I had to let the full styrene interior go to reduce weight high on the rig. I replaced it with the interior from an RR10 Bomber and the helmeted head I originally wanted to use, so not a total loss I suppose.

I also added some shock keys to help angle the shocks more and lower the ride height. This seems to have made a huge difference in performance.

I also finally got the Pitbull Braven Ironsides and mounted them up. They look pretty fresh but I have not had the opportunity to see how they perform. The stock foam seems a little stiff but I understand they do soften over time.

Prior to getting the Pitbull Braven Ironsides, I ran the rig for a bit at the Feeling Frosty event in Oxford, Ohio. I was happy with the way it performed at the event.

Hoping to get the rig out tomorrow to see how the Pitbull Braven Ironsides perform.

Diggin the stance ebbet. I did the same thing with mine as well. Reversed the vanquish shock hoops in the rear and got more of an angle on the shocks providing some droop. Im happy with it. It seems to perform better also.

Great idea on the rr10 interior as well. Still have form and more function.
CR4NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:26 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4NK View Post
Diggin the stance ebbet. I did the same thing with mine as well. Reversed the vanquish shock hoops in the rear and got more of an angle on the shocks providing some droop. Im happy with it. It seems to perform better also.

Great idea on the rr10 interior as well. Still have form and more function.
Awesome idea, CR4NK! Hadn't though of reversing the rear hoops. Looks like it might get me exactly where I'm at without the big red keys. I'll have to play around with it a bit.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:32 PM   #106

thats so cool! i have a 1:1 ,84 toyota landcruiser with a 4 inch lift!
axben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:54 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Beautiful truggy ebbet, and a damn nice find in the for sale section. I would have snatched that tube bed up in a second
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote

Toyota Truggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2.2 Toyota truggy.... mtnbker 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 01-08-2015 07:30 AM