Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: New SSD Pro44 Axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #101
SSD
RCC Addict

Default Re: New SSD Pro44 Axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Will these be offered as complete axles?
Yes we are working on it...
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
Yes we are working on it...
Great, I’ll wait for those. Thanks
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:03 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Again, I don't fully understand the process for casting; but, is there any chance of making shaft housings with built in link/shock mounts?
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #104

You might want to put on your description for the "SSD RC Pro Aluminum Rear Lockouts for SCX10 II" that they DO NOT work with your SSD RC Pro rear axle. I ordered the lockouts for the axle and now I'm out some good money.
Not cool.
Zealot RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:17 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot RC View Post
You might want to put on your description for the "SSD RC Pro Aluminum Rear Lockouts for SCX10 II" that they DO NOT work with your SSD RC Pro rear axle. I ordered the lockouts for the axle and now I'm out some good money.
Not cool.
The rear axle doesn’t need lockouts, that’s why they are different part numbers.

If for some reason you wanted to use lockouts (like you want to use the brass weights) you would need two fronts.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
The rear axle doesn’t need lockouts, that’s why they are different part numbers.

If for some reason you wanted to use lockouts (like you want to use the brass weights) you would need two fronts.
Right. My whole point was that it did not say that anywhere in either item's description so I ended up with an unneeded part. Was I supposed to know before I purchased them that the rear axles don't require lockouts?
Old 11-29-2017, 06:07 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Right. My whole point was that it did not say that anywhere in either item's description so I ended up with an unneeded part. Was I supposed to know before I purchased them that the rear axles don't require lockouts?

Check with the place you got them and see if you can return or exchange?
Old 11-29-2017, 06:12 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Maybe look at the pictures provided by vendors before purchasing items perhaps?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:21 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Maybe look at the pictures provided by vendors before purchasing items perhaps?
You're kidding, right?
Old 11-29-2017, 06:25 PM   #110

Quote:
Check with the place you got them and see if you can return or exchange?
Already done. They're blame shifting to SSD. Still leaves me with a hassle to return the lockouts.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:45 PM   #111
RCC Addict

I don't know you, but for me I will read the description carefully few times before I pull my trigger. When when I am in doubt, I will post questions or stop buying the thing until I fully understand the products. Cheers
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:50 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
I don't know you, but for me I will read the description carefully few times before I pull my trigger. When when I am in doubt, I will post questions or stop buying the thing until I fully understand the products. Cheers
Right. I usually do the same. My point is though: even if I did read the description carefully, there's no where in the description where it states "no lockouts needed" or "SSD Pro Rear lockouts don't work with SSD Pro44 rear axle".
Old 11-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Quote:
Right. I usually do the same. My point is though: even if I did read the description carefully, there's no where in the description where it states "no lockouts needed" or "SSD Pro Rear lockouts don't work with SSD Pro44 rear axle".
Please don’t take this personal, but RPP has clear assembly destructions posted on their product description:
http://ssd-rc.com/downloads/SSD%20Pr...20Assembly.pdf

We are in a highly customizable area of the hobby. Attention to detail and understanding of products new and old is essential to optimize ones consumer satisfaction. If you have doubts about the details in the pictures posted on SSD’s, RPP’s, eBay’s websites, use the resources here on RC Crawler. Some resources include, but not limited to, the growing number of build threads with these axles, SSD’s onsite product support, any of the helpful attendants on RCC (except for Eepee).

I’m building a custom set of SSD axles using only aftermarket products, in doing so I’ve been very careful to do my diligence of research and study of the pictures before ordering. If you have no use for the parts you ordered, perhaps you can post them in the for sale section here or on eBay.

I hope this helps. I’ll send you the money if you just stop! Just kidding. I won’t do that, but had to say it.

By the way.... no lock out needed!!! It uses bearing caps instead.

Last edited by rockhugger; 11-29-2017 at 09:34 PM.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
Please don’t take this personal, but RPP has clear assembly destructions posted on their product description:
http://ssd-rc.com/downloads/SSD%20Pr...20Assembly.pdf

We are in a highly customizable area of the hobby. Attention to detail and understanding of products new and old is essential to optimize ones consumer satisfaction. If you have doubts about the details in the pictures posted on SSD’s, RPP’s, eBay’s websites, use the resources here on RC Crawler. Some resources include, but not limited to, the growing number of build threads with these axles, SSD’s onsite product support, any of the helpful attendants on RCC (except for Eepee).

I’m building a custom set of SSD axles using only aftermarket products, in doing so I’ve been very careful to do my diligence of research and study of the pictures before ordering. If you have no use for the parts you ordered, perhaps you can post them in the for sale section here or on eBay.

I hope this helps. I’ll send you the money if just stop! Just kidding. I won’t do that, but had to say it.

By the way.... no lock out needed!!! It uses bearing caps instead.
Just checked on the site I bought it from.

There it is.

I was wrong all along.

Thanks bro.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:29 AM   #115
Rock Crawler

Anyone trashed the diff cover ?

Building and installing my pro 44 axle i couldn't but feel that i am going to destroy that diff cover in no time, and we dont even have much in the hard rock style to drive upon here in Denmark.

Guess we / i will have to see, as it look now i think the maiden voyage with the new axle will be on Monday
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
Anyone trashed the diff cover ?

Building and installing my pro 44 axle i couldn't but feel that i am going to destroy that diff cover in no time, and we dont even have much in the hard rock style to drive upon here in Denmark.

Guess we / i will have to see, as it look now i think the maiden voyage with the new axle will be on Monday
If it becomes an issue, this will be an option part.

Pro44 HD Metal Diff Cover (Silver)
Old 12-01-2017, 08:34 AM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
It would be nice if there was a list of parts required to build a complete axle from the housing. There is always a bit of uneasiness buying random parts for a build, especially when doing it online.

As far I have seen reading this forum there is always a few parts from different companies that don't mix well. I know that is the price of building and part of the hobby.

I always liked coming across a build where someone took the time to post part numbers. But the reality of it is we can not expect a manufacture to check every part for compatibility. I do however really wish more manufactures would post the dimensional specification for their products.

I know this isn't directly related to your issue, you just got me thinking.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
It would be nice if there was a list of parts required to build a complete axle from the housing. There is always a bit of uneasiness buying random parts for a build, especially when doing it online.

As far I have seen reading this forum there is always a few parts from different companies that don't mix well. I know that is the price of building and part of the hobby.

I always liked coming across a build where someone took the time to post part numbers. But the reality of it is we can not expect a manufacture to check every part for compatibility. I do however really wish more manufactures would post the dimensional specification for their products.

I know this isn't directly related to your issue, you just got me thinking.

I have this exact parts list on my YouTube channel if you wish.

https://youtu.be/7Lx9OW7a0qw
Old 12-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #119
RCC Addict

Quote:
I have this exact parts list on my YouTube channel if you wish.

https://youtu.be/7Lx9OW7a0qw
Thank you that's helpful.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #120
RCC Addict

Hmmmmm (wish I could embed Instagram posts here)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcF0EYnB4z3/
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote

New SSD Pro44 Axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ssd pro44 axle redemon Chit Chat 36 10-07-2017 06:15 AM
SSD Pro44? 4RunnerKid Axial SCX10 II 5 10-06-2017 03:28 AM
SSD Axles GravelDuster Axial SCX-10 2 12-19-2015 10:10 AM