Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: New SSD Pro44 Axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New SSD Pro44 Axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Hmmmmm (wish I could embed Instagram posts here)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcF0EYnB4z3/
Top right look for the 3 dots, click that and you should see 3 choices and one is embed but its the whole page. Maybe you can look through the text and figure it out? I'd like to know too.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

Default New SSD Pro44 Axles

Can’t wait to get these on my 10ii. Thought about the diamond style but than I said fuggit and got the Dana/Dynatrac style especially with its slightly added weight. The awesome thing about this great U.S. based company is the price is spot on, very smart move indeed. This leaves a builder like myself to put forth the effort and get all new axleshafts, bearings, and a chance to swap in a OD unit if desired (also of course the new heavy metal diff covers in red for that signature 10ii look). In my case it left a whole other budget for more SSD things like the 70g heavy brass knuckles. Now for the wait on Christmas time coupons. I hope my favorite distributors RPP/Amain get nice and stocked up for than.

Last edited by MattySlimz1987; 12-02-2017 at 05:02 PM.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Not sure who told you, but SSD isn't in US. I've seen this mentioned a few times now. They're in the UK.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:58 AM   #124
RCC Addict

Tested in the testing forum so it should work here. If it doesn't work on mobile or anything then I guess we'll see. Takes a bit to load the pic for some reason:

A post shared by DravTech (@dravtech) on

Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #125
I wanna be Dave

Yup it works on my mobile. Looks like you copy/paste the whole text?
Old 02-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #126
Quarry Creeper

I've a new build SCX10 II i play to work some magic on. I had originally bought and planned to fit the Xtra Speed AR44's with the heavyweight alloy cases but i'm going to sell them on and opted for these instead.
I figured a plastic pumpkin might be better over rocks and i much prefer the front access and scale looks of the SSD pumpkins. I hope they can withstand the weight of the Samix brass weights and a 2 speed rig above them
Hardcoretam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Looking forward to get a set of these for my scx10...great work SSD!
twisted concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:50 PM   #128
Quarry Creeper

I may have missed this earlier in the thread, do I need to shim the pinion? I'm using stock Axial internals.
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:53 AM   #129
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post
I may have missed this earlier in the thread, do I need to shim the pinion? I'm using stock Axial internals.
I didn't on mine.
fortyeightjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #130

I have a set of these on the way. Does anyone know if you can use them with the stock links from the SCX10.2 Kit? I see that SSD offers the Pro44 links that have bends for extra clearance, but I can't figure out if they are actually needed to clear the pumpkin. I'd prefer to just use my stock links as I have no issues with them.
pman9003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #131
SSD
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman9003 View Post
I have a set of these on the way. Does anyone know if you can use them with the stock links from the SCX10.2 Kit? I see that SSD offers the Pro44 links that have bends for extra clearance, but I can't figure out if they are actually needed to clear the pumpkin. I'd prefer to just use my stock links as I have no issues with them.
All stock links fit fine.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:41 PM   #132
RCC Addict

When are these going to be available with XR or Wraith width tubes?
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #133
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
When are these going to be available with XR or Wraith width tubes?
Asked elsewhere and have been anxiously awaiting the answer to this question.

I have these on my latest build and went with a wider SLW to get some width. I'd much rather have the width at the housing and axle then the hub.

I also don't expect an answer on integrated link/shock mount because it wasn't answered before; but, can someone explain the process of building these tubes? all lathe... or cast and then lathe? Just wondering if integrated link/shock mount was even an option at all or not possible. In most cases, doesn't matter because almost all other options have the separate link mounts and I'm willing to bet most people don't care too much anyway.

If it was possible, it's a shame it didn't happen. Although I have Pro44 on my latest build and don't see much reason to look at any other housing given this offering, I have felt tempted to pick up some Rock Jocks for my hard body due to realism especially because of the integrated link/shock mount.

At the end of the day, the Pro44 housing with HD diff covers is awesome and I will be using more of these in the future. I'm really hoping to see some type of info of the wider tube options soon.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #134
RCC Addict

I'm just hoping they can answer. I think they said they were considering it earlier.

I'm getting ready to build a Class 3 and would much rather build a set of these (in wraith width) than anything else due to the size of the gears/pumpin. Boom Racing has a set of AR60 width 10.2 axles, but Boom Racing isnt one of my preferred manufacturers.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #135
I wanna be Dave

I can’t answer for them, but I’m guessing integrating link mounts would have required a separate right and left tube, which would drive up cost.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #136
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
I can’t answer for them, but I’m guessing integrating link mounts would have required a separate right and left tube, which would drive up cost.
That's a great point that I didn't think of. With that in mind, I am really happy with the price and value of this product.

Might not be worth the associated cost; but, it would be sweet if optional upgrade tubes with integrated mounts were available similar to the optional upgrade diff covers. As it is, I have no idea what it takes to manufacture small parts like this, nor what the market for them actually is. I hope my questions don't come across the wrong way due to my lack of manufacturing knowledge relating to cost/possibilities. It's really just conversation and I love this product regardless. And the truth is I'd likely go with the less expensive product already available on some rigs and only upgrade for hard bodies or vehicles that were really trying to hit scale marks.

Last edited by powder4breakfast; 02-22-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:25 AM   #137
Rock Crawler

Just emailed SSD about making some Narrow Pro44's
They said they have no plans to do so.
Thats a bummer really.
Guess im going to figure out how to do it myself.
redemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Bummer for you on the shorts. I know many of us love this design and are hoping for a few variations for certain projects.

Fingers crossed that they are still planning on a wider XRish width option. I have a build in progress. Part of what I need to do depends on axles used. I'm waiting to hear about possible XR width Pro44's before moving on. I don't mind putting this project on hold while waiting for an actual release, even if it takes a bit. I just hope I'm not holding only to find out a release isn't coming.

SSD... Any chance we can get a soft confirmation on wider Pro44 being made or not?
Old 03-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #139
Rock Crawler

I would cut these but being the metal they are made of makes it really hard to out back together.
Pot metal doesnt weld very well.
So I have some other thoughts just need a lathe.
I really think narrow ones would sell well for the tiny tire scale guys, but may not be enough to justify the work.
I know I can buy Beef Tubes ones but whats the fun it that? Lol
redemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:24 AM   #140
Rock Crawler

I have yet to drive my 1 Pro 44 axle, but i am worried as one of the tube screws did not find any thread, so pretty sure that soon after driving it i will be in trouble.
Found it hard / not worth while doing a RMA with RCMart way out there.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote

New SSD Pro44 Axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ssd pro44 axle redemon Chit Chat 36 10-07-2017 06:15 AM
SSD Pro44? 4RunnerKid Axial SCX10 II 5 10-06-2017 03:28 AM
SSD Axles GravelDuster Axial SCX-10 2 12-19-2015 10:10 AM