Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: New 2017 Jeep wrangler JK CRC Pre-order

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New 2017 Jeep wrangler JK CRC Pre-order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Said new.

The AE5 is old

Hang up and Drive
It’s new in the way of having a couple wires hanging out of it to power LEDs. Axial could’ve made them compatible with its existing LED kits but naw. That would’ve made sense and cost less.

Right now all the aftermarket and Chinese companies are rejoicing because they don’t have to R&D anything new for Axials “New” truck.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2017, 05:55 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

IMO those bumpers need to be tucked in more, at least the rear one, the front one i sort of get if you want room for a winch too.

I hope they have used better ( thicker ) lexan on this one, the stock one for my SCX 10 II are already falling apart after 4 sessions of light driving, and dont get me started on the flaws on that body of mine, on the rear bumper there is even a hole in the lexan.

Last drive i left about 2 Sq inch of lexan in the forest, they fallen 90% off so i just ripped the last part off to not have it flopping around.

IMO in this time and age a lexan body need to be pretty close to 1 mm thickness, and bodies in this material need more trimmings for them to compete with the hard-bodies in scale look.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Jeep bodies sell. There are a ton of 1:1 JKs out there on the trails and people want to make a scale version of their truck.

I like the tires, trans upgrades, and the fact that it comes with LEDs and other scale doo dads, but I'd rather see a decent looking interior and a cage than the hard top.

I'm personally looking forward to the K5 body that was listed. Hopefully its a convertible with a cage.
Col_Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Nice addon plastic bits and the light buckets look great. The rest is just the same old... And some features copied from trx4.

So just like every other "new" truck from axial. Nothing really new or innovative.

And the transmission is still the wrong way around.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:52 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

comes with 4 white leds and 2 red. in video even axial have swapped out two white for orange??? so they know its not right. the scale rad is cool though. would like to see a different jeep as appose to another of the same.
and is it just me or does a light grey box just look out of place??? in the pictures i though it wasnt even there and it was showing at 50% the old size of the box like they do the axles haha
MrLee1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:09 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Jeep bodies sell. There are a ton of 1:1 JKs out there on the trails and people want to make a scale version of their truck.

I like the tires, trans upgrades, and the fact that it comes with LEDs and other scale doo dads, but I'd rather see a decent looking interior and a cage than the hard top.

I'm personally looking forward to the K5 body that was listed. Hopefully its a convertible with a cage.
There's a ton of new Jeeps at mall parking lots for sure.

Even a lot of Jeep fanboys are tired of Axial only making Jeep bodies. Variety is the spice of life.

The trans gears are a long overdue upgrade. The transmission case is a downgrade. It's not black and according to Harley it's all plastic including the motor plate.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 11-09-2017 at 05:14 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:33 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

What did everyone really expect? We knew it was going to be a RTR SCXII, there wasn't going to be anything ground breaking.

For the same price as the current RTR SCX10II, you get a metal geared transmission, a more detailed body, and bumpers that are sure to hang up less. It is simply a slightly better version of the RTR truck, that is all it was ever going to be. If you are in the market for an Axial RTR right now, there is no reason to get the XJ over this version.

If you really want something that is not a Jeep, then wait for one of the other 3 versions coming soon or just buy a TRX4 or an Ascender or a Venture or a Redcat. I don't really care, as long as people are out driving tiny trucks.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:12 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
What did everyone really expect? We knew it was going to be a RTR SCXII, there wasn't going to be anything ground breaking.

For the same price as the current RTR SCX10II, you get a metal geared transmission, a more detailed body, and bumpers that are sure to hang up less. It is simply a slightly better version of the RTR truck, that is all it was ever going to be. If you are in the market for an Axial RTR right now, there is no reason to get the XJ over this version.

If you really want something that is not a Jeep, then wait for one of the other 3 versions coming soon or just buy a TRX4 or an Ascender or a Venture or a Redcat. I don't really care, as long as people are out driving tiny trucks.
People are hoping for something ground breaking from Axial since they are gaining tons of competition and it's only going to get worse.

You have a worse RTR, IMHO. The body is more detailed? That's debatable since, as I stated previously, they got rid of the roll cage, interior, and removable hard top. And the trans is a plastic two-piece design with integrated plastic motor plate. I don't see that holding up to the monster power on 3S or 4S like some people like to run.

At this point Axial has become the "Meh!" of the scaling world.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
People are hoping for something ground breaking from Axial since they are gaining tons of competition and it's only going to get worse.

You have a worse RTR, IMHO. The body is more detailed? That's debatable since, as I stated previously, they got rid of the roll cage, interior, and removable hard top. And the trans is a plastic two-piece design with integrated plastic motor plate. I don't see that holding up to the monster power on 3S or 4S like some people like to run.

I agree and disagree with you, you can figure out where

If you take the ready to run for what it is intended to do, it is a pretty solid rig. A rtr should have lots of plastic in it for cost and for flexibility. That flexibility stops things from breaking if it is run as a rtr without making changes.

As a base for building your own rig, I think the rtr is craptastic.

Unless you are a noob, or sometype of rig collector a rtr run shouldn't even be a consideration.

If this was a kit, I think your complaints would be valid.

It would be nice to see a kit less a body, wheels and tires. But I don't see that happening, I have seen enough threads on RCC to know that people have been vocal and it is being ignored.

Axial made some dumb ars mistakes this year, coupons, lack of product, and general product release timing. Other companies have made gains in marketshare, but whether those gains where offset by the increase in market I have no idea. For all we know axial is bringing in just as much profit, so they don't see the need to innovate.

Besides that the deuce is still on the new side, you can't expect a company to redesign it so soon. They may not have even paid off the molds.

I watched a video of this rig running, and it really bothers me that you can see the sun through the paint. That to me feels cheap.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Groundbreaking was never going to come in this release.

No roll cage means lightweight for better performance, at least that is how Traxxas sells the lack of a roof rack and exocage on the Tactical Unit body.

The removable hardtop design always sucked, not having that is an improvement. Removing screws to get to the body clips was an awful design. Having some kind of interior would have been nice though.

I'll reserve my judgement on the transmission case until I get to check it out. The plastic motor plate on the SCXII kit version is very stout and has no significant flex to it. If this new case is similar to that, it should hold up fine. I'm willing to bet that gray color is because the trans case is molded in a stiffer plastic. If it is OG SCX10 type plastic, then it will have to go into the trash.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:54 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

I disagree with the notion that The old JK body is better because of the cage, interior & removable top. Taken together, it was all a weird choice. Had the body been designed to be half door lowers, & the top designed to be half door uppers with a soft top, I would have liked it more.
The interior/ roll cage never satisfied me. It was great on the Dingo (it was new & different), tolerable on the Deadbolt & G6 (due to their use on the Wraith cage) but just meh on the JK. Had they molded in a driver torso or made an extra torso piece that could “sit” in the driver & passenger seat, then I would have liked it more. The cage was just a necessary gimmick at that point. If they have to use such thin Lexan to get the details right, then The cage could have used some bracing hidden under the body.

All that said, this body looks to have similar dimensions as the first JK. So I wonder if there will be an interior upgrade piece that utilizes the cage parts.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:08 AM   #52
RCC Addict

ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Axial made some dumb ars mistakes this year, coupons, lack of product, and general product release timing. Other companies have made gains in marketshare, but whether those gains where offset by the increase in market I have no idea. For all we know axial is bringing in just as much profit, so they don't see the need to innovate.

Besides that the deuce is still on the new side, you can't expect a company to redesign it so soon. They may not have even paid off the molds.
Their lack of communication during the part shprtage was pretty shitty. I cant believe that they have waited so long to release any new bodies or versions of the 10.2, especially since so many of the OG SCX10 bodies and bumpers fit the 10.2.

I don't think Axial has much to worry about with the Venture since HPI doesn't seem to be in any hurry to release it, but Traxxas is another story. Traxxas seems to be listening to the consumer. More bodies coming up, kits, parts readily available, and their marketing. Traxxas seems to have a presence at most offroad related shows and expos.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:35 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Default New 2017 Jeep wrangler JK CRC Pre-order

Better read up on the venture. Great shocks, no leaking !(hemistorms test flights) HPI has paid attention. Let’s also face reality, I only run 3s, I’ve yet to find a reliable brushless power train that will handle it OOB, I’ve bulletproofed all mine, but that isn’t cheap

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 11-09-2017 at 08:37 AM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Better read up on the venture. Great shocks, no leaking !(hemistorms test flights) HPI has paid attention. Let’s also face reality, I only run 3s, I’ve yet to find a reliable brushless power train that will handle it OOB, I’ve bulletproofed all mine, but that isn’t cheap

Hang up and Drive
Do you have one? I dont but I have run with one and had one in my hand.
It isnt impressive and isnt in the same league as a scx10ii.
What it is, is a nice starter rig with no aftermarket support to make it more then that. That may change.

As to hemistorm loved watching him paint, but when it comes to crawlers he isnt anyone we should be listening to.
Plain and simple sell out to get free products for his channel. Dont gey me wrong he bolts on parts great, easy to listen to and is a fabulously talented painter.

Last edited by Ditchrat; 11-09-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Listen to his shock test.....
Pressurized aircraft trip, great check for shocks.
Harley was big on it also.
Lot of complaints on ALL factory stuff, it’s a solid base.

Hang up and Drive
Old 11-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Listen to his shock test.....
Pressurized aircraft trip, great check for shocks.
Harley was big on it also.
Lot of complaints on ALL factory stuff, it’s a solid base.

Hang up and Drive
That's all well and good, but good shocks doesn't change that fact that in person the rig is less than impressive.

You seem very enthused about this platform, I hope you still feel that way when you see it in person.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:55 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

It would be like ANY other I build, not too much left after tinkering. I’m hoping it’s release and trx4 will spur Axial or others on

Hang up and Drive
Old 11-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #59
RCC Addict

The Venture looks like it could be a good truck, but all this waiting has killed the excitement for me. Sure, some random hobby shop in Bangladesh or whatever got a shipment and so did a few YouTube personalities, but they have delayed it getting out to the masses for so long I have lost interest in it. I had planned on buying one for my Class 1 comp rig but RC4WD got my money instead with the Marlin Crawler edition.

Maybe once I start to see Ventures on the trail I'll have to buy one.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:37 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Default New 2017 Jeep wrangler JK CRC Pre-order

Quote:
If you think the new Jeeps or anything like the Jeeps of old I have bad news for you.

I am anxious to see if the Tower ad that mentioned a "Blazer" is correct. Same company so they should know what they're talking about, but you know how that goes.
Woah woah woah... wait a second. You thought I thought jeep JKs compare with jeep willys? No. JKs and any other jeeps of today are fugly. Any thing newer than a 2006 Wrangler is crap. Not to mention they aren't built well at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ThatJeeper2017; 11-10-2017 at 11:42 AM.
ThatJeeper2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

New 2017 Jeep wrangler JK CRC Pre-order - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT3C Pre-order losikid Electronics 23 08-20-2012 09:07 PM