Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: New 2017 Jeep wrangler JK CRC Pre-order

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New 2017 Jeep wrangler JK CRC Pre-order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatJeeper2017 View Post
Woah woah woah... wait a second. You thought I thought jeep JKs compare with jeep willys? No. JKs and any other jeeps of today are fugly. Any thing newer than a 2006 Wrangler is crap. Not to mention they aren't built well at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And one other thing NO IN LINE 6
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=ThatJeeper2017;5765830]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
If you think the new Jeeps or anything like the Jeeps of old I have bad news for you.

I am anxious to see if the Tower ad that mentioned a "Blazer" is correct. Same company so they should know what they're talking about, but you know how that goes.[/QUOTE
Woah woah woah... wait a second. You thought I thought jeep JKs compare with jeep willys? No. Any thing newer than a 2006 Wrangler is crap. I wish axial would release a willys.

What real jeep is built by fiat. They are ugly cars. At least older jeeps were build a little better and were a US company.

ThatJeeper2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Metal gears in the trans... They finally caught up to everybody else. Welcome to 2015. And Axial needed it more than anybody in this old style trans. Idler gears. Enough said. RTR still isn't good enough for the new style trans I guess.
Is the new style transmission in the kit actually better? I mean, the motor sits higher and more towards the back. The transfer case also adds weight and an extra point of failure.
maverick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #64
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ok.... then what are these for.
Army girls...?
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #65
RCC Addict

I believe the term "RTR hobby" is mutually exclusive. My first rig was an RTR SCX10 (Christmas present), and I bought one more soon after, but as soon it became a hobby I dispensed with RTR and will likely never buy another one unless something really exciting and different not offered in kit form comes along. This CRC is neither, but will no doubt appeal (and sell) to the group it's targeted at.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
I believe the term "RTR hobby" is mutually exclusive. My first rig was an RTR SCX10 (Christmas present), and I bought one more soon after, but as soon it became a hobby I dispensed with RTR and will likely never buy another one unless something really exciting and different not offered in kit form comes along. This CRC is neither, but will no doubt appeal (and sell) to the group it's targeted at.

The rtr is made to easily get your foot in the door if you’re new to the Crawler rc world. I think they do this very well, but when it comes to a Crawler veteran there’s no interest in them because building is half the fun (or more).

Eli. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #67

There are a few things about the kit that I didn't like. The Cherokee body and bumpers are too long killing approach angles. The kit transmission is big, long, and needlessly complex. So if I'm going to be changing the body, bumpers, and transmission anyway then I don't see much point in the kit as it currently stands. The kit links are nice, but those Axial rod ends aren't going to last long either way. For an extra $60 I'll get a (hopefully) usable body, bumpers, and (maybe) a lighter and smaller transmission. Not bad IMO. This is looking like a nice alternative to a second SCX10.2 kit. I just wish I could get it with the body unpainted and the tires unmounted.
DangerousDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:17 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousDan View Post
There are a few things about the kit that I didn't like. The Cherokee body and bumpers are too long killing approach angles. The kit transmission is big, long, and needlessly complex. So if I'm going to be changing the body, bumpers, and transmission anyway then I don't see much point in the kit as it currently stands. The kit links are nice, but those Axial rod ends aren't going to last long either way. For an extra $60 I'll get a (hopefully) usable body, bumpers, and (maybe) a lighter and smaller transmission. Not bad IMO. This is looking like a nice alternative to a second SCX10.2 kit. I just wish I could get it with the body unpainted and the tires unmounted.

I've run the same rod ends for more than a year with no issues. Otherwise, yeah the approach/departure angles suck and the trans is complex on the kit.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:17 AM   #69
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I've run the same rod ends for more than a year with no issues. Otherwise, yeah the approach/departure angles suck and the trans is complex on the kit.
you dont have mass slop in your links??? mine were sloppy after only a few packs.
MrLee1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli. View Post
The rtr is made to easily get your foot in the door if you’re new to the Crawler rc world. I think they do this very well, but when it comes to a Crawler veteran there’s no interest in them because building is half the fun (or more).
After you build a few trucks from a pile of parts that may or may not actually work together and hand fabricating a bunch of stuff, picking up a nice, simple RTR just to get out and drive can be quite refreshing.

The "I have built so much that I need a break from building" market is real.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:18 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Hmm... weird. Although the steering links were sloppy so I think it was the ball joints because I rwas placed them when th brass ball joints and it worked fine.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:54 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Does this mean the scx10 ii xj version will have the metal gear trans soon or are the xj fanboys SOL?
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:30 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
Does this mean the scx10 ii xj version will have the metal gear trans soon or are the xj fanboys SOL?

I would think they’ll keep things as is with the XJ until they’ve sold off all the old stock. Maybe the next batch will have the new trans.
IVIaarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:37 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIaarten View Post
I would think they’ll keep things as is with the XJ until they’ve sold off all the old stock. Maybe the next batch will have the new trans.
I think they would discontinue the first XJ & refresh the truck altogether (new paint, new stock #) before they would make a single change like the new trans.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:12 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

I would assume they would just leave the XJ as it is.

The Honcho and JK versions of the SCX10 RTR never got the dual disk slipper or the HD center shafts after the Deadbolt came out.

Besides, it only costs $7 to upgrade to the metal gears from the new RTR version.

Axial Racing - Gear Set (48P 28T, 48P 52T)

Last edited by svt923; 11-16-2017 at 07:14 AM.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I would assume they would just leave the XJ as it is.

The Honcho and JK versions of the SCX10 RTR never got the dual disk slipper or the HD center shafts after the Deadbolt came out.

Besides, it only costs $7 to upgrade to the metal gears from the new RTR version.

Axial Racing - Gear Set (48P 28T, 48P 52T)
This is true, good call. I completely forgot that
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:11 AM   #77
RCC Addict

Picked mine up yesterday from my LHS, it's the first one they have received!

Pretty much picked this up for the wife, it's the easiest way to get her back into it.

[IMG]output_2[/IMG]

Last edited by HDMM; 12-02-2017 at 08:08 AM.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote

New 2017 Jeep wrangler JK CRC Pre-order - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT3C Pre-order losikid Electronics 23 08-20-2012 09:07 PM