Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Teng’s simple SCX10 II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Teng’s simple SCX10 II

Hi all, This is my simple and slow build for the SCX10 II, As Some parts are still on the way and some still in my consideration ( too many choice don’t know which one work best for me ) So please bear with me here.

Is working on my rear axles today and I found it might be benefits for 4 bearings 2 inside the locker.

Also put some marine grease inside the bevel and pinion gears. First time use this brand, don’t know good or not? Hopefully this grease better than Lithium grease

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Teng’s simple SCX10 II

The grease is much more durable than lithium grease. But the weight/ thickness may put a small amount drag on the motor and or transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeeptec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #3
RCC Addict

+1 vote for marine grease, although mine came well-greased and I don't have any water crossings planned. I did drop the extra bearings into the rear axle. Pull the bumpers in; the rear needs the mount shaved. Don't shave the bumper or, like me, you'll lose strength/thickness; unfortunately I figured that out after I shaved the bumper. The rear-facing tabs on the far ends (left and right) of the front bumper need cut off IMHO. A servo with some guts is recommended; I'm using a JX 6221 (not 360 degree) from Banggood ($12).

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 01-30-2018 at 03:52 AM.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Bilinvic’s SCX10 II thread I started to working on my transmission, but I was not satisfied with the result. Maybe I did not fully comprehend his tech on deal with the spur gear wobbling. I dismantle the transmission two days ago and try to reduce the slop and wobbling. Finally I solved all the problems today. Below are step by step instructions for someone new and hope this helps.

I managed to find on old rubber spacer in my tools box and this rubber spacer is fit into the transmission box in tight fit.

I also put two shim washers. The thinnest one only at 0.2 mm

So the transmission is well done now with no slop and wobbling at all now

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
+1 vote for marine grease, although mine came well-greased and I don't have any water crossings planned. I did drop the extra bearings into the rear axle. Pull the bumpers in; the rear needs the mount shaved. Don't shave the bumper or, like me, you'll lose strength/thickness; unfortunately I figured that out after I shaved the bumper. The rear-facing tabs on the far ends (left and right) of the front bumper need cut off IMHO. A servo with some guts is recommended; I'm using 6621 from Banggood.
Thank you so much Brother StomperCrawler the great tips. But what do you mean Servo with guts and 6621?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptec View Post
The grease is much more durable than lithium grease. But the weight/ thickness may put a small amount drag on the motor and or transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Jeeptec for the advice. I appreciate

So these cool little guys show up today. Thank you Postman and charged me the 6% GST I hate to pay GST, That is why I don’t like USPS Priority mail International. I did most of my online shopping at amainhobbies, I liked First Class Mail International fast and reliable plus provided full tracking with Zero GST.

Okay, In my opinion the Trail Ready Beadlock wheels are the most beautiful wheels on the planet that your money could ever buy. The Locked Up RC did very well on these wheels. Yes, would say State of the art wheels

Last edited by THX_138; 12-14-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:47 AM   #5

Those wheels are beautiful. LockedUp RC is one of the very few brands of wheels that I do not own. One day...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Default Teng’s simple SCX10 II

Just a small small updates,it has been more than a month, such a long waiting and some of the parts are finally show up yesterday. Truly a long wait but still worth it, as amainhobbies international shipping chargers are among the cheapest.

Still waiting some parts mostly are SSD hopefully all these would show up next week hopefully

Last edited by Teng; 01-06-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:56 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Thank you so much Brother StomperCrawler the great tips. But what do you mean Servo with guts and 6621?
Guts = strength/power
I mistyped: 6621 should be 6221; here's a link: https://m.banggood.com/JX-PDI-6221MG...-p-973947.html
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:14 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Good morning LA, good morning . Finished all the installation on my SCX10 II and tested. Unfortunately my SSD brass knuckles are lost while in transit to my country. But thanks God, I just got my full refund back from amainhobbies today.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:19 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Old 01-30-2018, 04:37 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Borneo style’s crawler in action now. Very hardcore style

Old 01-30-2018, 08:50 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

How are those sweet wheel working for you?
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:28 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I love it, very simple and looking good.

Your terrain looks like you could use a big mud tire.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
How are those sweet wheel working for you?

Hi 1beatjeep, To be honest I don ‘t have others brand to compare with. But one of my crawler fan says,( he have had many wheels ) he likes the wheels because these wheels are very light in weight. I myself just like the design and it’s beautiful I think these wheels are just the true replica of the true trail ready bead lock wheels. Locked up rc is just awesome

Old 01-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
I love it, very simple and looking good.

Your terrain looks like you could use a big mud tire.

Thank you lonleycreeper. Actually I am thinking in buying the Pro-Line Interco Bogger 1.9" Rock Crawler Tires w/Memory Foam (2) (G do you have any experience with these tires?.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:37 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Nice setup Teng. Those wheels do look great.Nice job on the body too.
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:59 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Thank you lonleycreeper. Actually I am thinking in buying the Pro-Line Interco Bogger 1.9" Rock Crawler Tires w/Memory Foam (2) (G do you have any experience with these tires?.

If those are the 5.4" tall Proline boggers, they will work good. To be warned, they are substantionally taller and wider than your current stock tires. Likely you will have to limit suspension travel and or cut your fenders to clear them. I love Prolines tire compounds and use them on two out of three of my rigs.(Tsl's) My wifes rig uses rc4wd boggers in the 4.75" size and they work good, but tend to slide when side hilling. To give you an idea of size...

Your current tires slot right between the 4.75" Growler(mounted on the 5 lug deep dish) and the 4.5" roc lok(unmounted). The proline bogger will be roughly the same size as the Proline Tsl mounted on the wraith rim.( Thick beadlock).

And the big Tsl's mounted on my F150...

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 01-30-2018 at 06:02 PM.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Teng’s simple SCX10 II - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple Honcho Cage Hinge for SCX10 II ThatJeeper2017 Paint and Body 3 01-29-2018 08:26 PM
simple SCX10 hilux build... rednck21 Axial SCX-10 43 01-20-2016 10:15 AM
Redjones' Simple SCX10 TJ Jeep Build (Jerp ba de derp) redjones Axial SCX-10 8 03-31-2013 08:51 PM
Could someone with a SCX10 TR help me with something simple? BadRockNoCookie Axial SCX-10 17 11-23-2009 09:39 AM