Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial SCX10 II
Loading

Notices

Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #21
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Chicken Capital, GA
Posts: 22
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipers28 View Post
Mine won't fit/work either. So now going to buy a new battery.
I had that same issue. I took an Xacto knife and shaved a very small amount of the openings and gave it a little extra umphf and it went on. Now the trick will be to get it off

-Tyler

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Active using Tapatalk
Natedog likes this.
Gravy Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 2,586
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseycrewmax View Post
Good to know, so sounds like any overall improvement


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a definite improvement all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipers28 View Post
Mine won't fit/work either. So now going to buy a new battery.
Why buy a new battery? You can just change the connector on the esc to match your battery. $3-$4 instead of $25- a whole bunch of money.


I spent a little time in the shop today.

Made a bracket to lift the front bumper.



Bumper is even with or slightly higher than the lowest part of the body.



And I made a winch plate, and mounted an old rc4wd Bulldog. Need to get a controller for it.

Natedog likes this.

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 01-09-2018 at 02:57 PM.
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 2,586
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

I ran her today, Rain on top of snow, with the acompaning slush. I was pushing snow with the front axle...

For the first time, I can climb my steps up the deck, The low cg and sticky proline's are the advantage here.

Over all happy with the setup, and this is my small tire truck for sure.

The funny thing is the Honcho has the same vertical clearance 4.3" Tsl's, under the diff as my F150, on 4.75" growlers. SSD D60's


Th three trucks...

The height difference is about equal beteen all three.



Natedog likes this.
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #24
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 17
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

New to this and no idea how or what parts. Would the battery have the same issues as the connector?

"Why buy a new battery? You can just change the connector on the esc to match your battery. $3-$4 instead of $25- a whole bunch of money."
vipers28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 12
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Week 2 videos out.

https://youtu.be/LrBLqljxdnI

https://youtu.be/iOVxXOA6Cfw
Heisenberg804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:04 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 2,586
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipers28 View Post
New to this and no idea how or what parts. Would the battery have the same issues as the connector?

"Why buy a new battery? You can just change the connector on the esc to match your battery. $3-$4 instead of $25- a whole bunch of money."
Not usually. I have only ever had one battery side connector fail, and it was my fault for not wrapping shrink tube around the joints. It ground out on the metal of the chassis and caught the Nimh battery on fire. It sounds like the esc connector is not up to the same quality as a genuine Deans connector. So eithr a solder joint is failing, or it is getting mechanicaly loose. I havent had a problem yet, but I only have run three packs through mine.

A picture of the adapter I am running, no wires, just a nice solid connection.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg804 View Post
Thanks for posting.
Natedog likes this.
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #27
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: your back yard
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Why use an adaptor and not just put a new one on esc, less resistance?
I watched both. All that styrene in less then a week, wish I had those skills. Harleys I would have thought to address the issues when he did the changes but glad to see him point them out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
lonleycreeper likes this.
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:08 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: fremont
Posts: 121
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

One thing I really don't like is that it foes not have a on/off switch

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
wcdfmt510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #29
Rock Stacker
 
Big Sky Crawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Great Falls Mt
Posts: 50
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

I have a Honcho on the way sure wish we had a hobby shop in Great Falls Doesn't Missoula have a few? BTW im digging the rear fenders.
Natedog likes this.
Big Sky Crawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 2,586
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
Why use an adaptor and not just put a new one on esc, less resistance?
I watched both. All that styrene in less then a week, wish I had those skills. Harleys I would have thought to address the issues when he did the changes but glad to see him point them out.



Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Honestly, I am being lazy.
That said, my understanding is. With a good fitting adapter in a low amp draw rig, like a scaler, the resistance is not noticeable. I will have to throw my watt meter on and see what kind of amperage she pulls when bound up. My buddys rig only pulls 20 amps when fully bound, and 2amps when running free at full throttle with a similar 3s 35t setup.

Edit: The adapter comes with a battery rated at 66 amps continuious and 132 amps burst

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdfmt510 View Post
One thing I really don't like is that it foes not have a on/off switch

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I actually prefer not having a switch. I prefer the positive battery disconnect, in fact if my esc comes with a switch. I frequently remove it, old racer habits, I guess. I have had a few switchs fail, usually to on, and if the battery is left plugged in,= dead lipo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky Crawler View Post
I have a Honcho on the way sure wish we had a hobby shop in Great Falls Doesn't Missoula have a few? BTW im digging the rear fenders.
Hey thanks, You will enjoy it for sure. Yes Missoula currently has two hobby shops, Blue Ribbon Auto, up in the north end of Missoula, and The Treasure Chest, down on the South end.
The fenders I have been saving for 7-8 years, waiting for a build like this. I have wanted a honcho for years, early on I couldn't afford it. Then when I set the money aside The body combo was out of stock for months. Then I would get distracted and spend on another project. Anyway just never got around to it. When they announced the rerelease of the honcho,I jumped on it, wanting a Scx10II as well.
Natedog likes this.

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 01-11-2018 at 11:07 AM.
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:22 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 2,586
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

I filled the bed up a little, Found a locking tote about the right size at Walmart for .88 cents and had these fuel cans from yeah racing, just sitting around, same with the pick. Lhs didn't have any white paint, so waiting on painting the fenders until I find the right stuff.

lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #32
Rock Stacker
 
Big Sky Crawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Great Falls Mt
Posts: 50
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Honestly, I am being lazy.
That said, my understanding is. With a good fitting adapter in a low amp draw rig, like a scaler, the resistance is not noticeable. I will have to throw my watt meter on and see what kind of amperage she pulls when bound up. My buddys rig only pulls 20 amps when fully bound, and 2amps when running free at full throttle with a similar 3s 35t setup.

Edit: The adapter comes with a battery rated at 66 amps continuious and 132 amps burst



I actually prefer not having a switch. I prefer the positive battery disconnect, in fact if my esc comes with a switch. I frequently remove it, old racer habits, I guess. I have had a few switchs fail, usually to on, and if the battery is left plugged in,= dead lipo.



Hey thanks, You will enjoy it for sure. Yes Missoula currently has two hobby shops, Blue Ribbon Auto, up in the north end of Missoula, and The Treasure Chest, down on the South end.
The fenders I have been saving for 7-8 years, waiting for a build like this. I have wanted a honcho for years, early on I couldn't afford it. Then when I set the money aside The body combo was out of stock for months. Then I would get distracted and spend on another project. Anyway just never got around to it. When they announced the rerelease of the honcho,I jumped on it, wanting a Scx10II as well.
I love my 10 2 nice rig right out of box.
Attached Images
 
Big Sky Crawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #33
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: your back yard
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

No white paint? You need to find a better lhs.. lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
lonleycreeper likes this.
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 2,586
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky Crawler View Post
I love my 10 2 nice rig right out of box.
Nice looking rig. Do I spy Boggers on there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
No white paint? You need to find a better lhs.. lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Lol. They have Fascolor, my airbrush is acting up though, They ordered Pactra on the spot, so a week or so.

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 01-13-2018 at 11:12 AM.
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 2,586
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Light bar, off a Hilux.

Rc mart has something very similar for $5.90. Xs-57016 with led's.
Yeah racing Jerry cans... $5.99
You can find a highlift for $5.90 on ebay






And laid down..




lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #36
Rock Stacker
 
Big Sky Crawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Great Falls Mt
Posts: 50
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Nice looking rig. Do I spy Boggers on there?



Lol. They have Fascolor, my airbrush is acting up though, They ordered Pactra on the spot, so a week or so.
Yes sir 1st set of them and am really diggin them need a set for my Marlin now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Big Sky Crawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:07 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 2,586
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky Crawler View Post
Yes sir 1st set of them and am really diggin them need a set for my Marlin now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I ran them on my wife's scx10, and really liked them. They have fantastic forward traction, but lack a little on the loose side hills, typically sliding off line.
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:49 AM   #38
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Yavin 4
Posts: 91
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
I filled the bed up a little, Found a locking tote about the right size at Walmart for .88 cents and had these fuel cans from yeah racing, just sitting around, same with the pick. Lhs didn't have any white paint, so waiting on painting the fenders until I find the right stuff.

Looking good, dig that tiny locking tote. whereabouts inside walmart did you find that ?
ScoJac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:53 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 2,586
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoJac View Post
Looking good, dig that tiny locking tote. whereabouts inside walmart did you find that ?
I found it in the office supplies, near the desk storage stuff. Hope that helps.
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:07 AM   #40
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Yavin 4
Posts: 91
Default Re: Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
I found it in the office supplies, near the desk storage stuff. Hope that helps.
Thanks , saves me from wandering around too much in there.
lonleycreeper likes this.
ScoJac is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Trail Honcho, For Trailing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Trail finder 2 Axial SCX10 Honcho Rusty Bug honcho wraith at Durian Loop Trail boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 04-06-2014 10:08 AM
RC4WD Trail finder 2 Axial SCX10 Honcho Rusty Bug honcho wraith at Durian Loop Trail boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 03-24-2014 06:02 AM
Yellow Honcho and Red Jeep Trailing téosrc Scale Videos! 2 10-07-2013 09:17 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com