Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: SCX10 II Truggy Sliders - Advice?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default SCX10 II Truggy Sliders - Advice?

Has anyone tried these on their truggy build? I'm trying to finish up my 10.2 Mojave body truggy build and I want to know if these Wertymade sliders will work. If anyone has tried these and have pics I would love to see them!

https://www.rpphobby.com/ProductDeta...WM-43&CartID=7
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SCX10 II Truggy Sliders - Advice?

anyone?
Old 01-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

You can make anything work but I'd try contacting wertymade and see what the dimensions are to make sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

They fit the cherokee body perfectly. how are you going to mount the mojave body... it isnt wide enough to clear the trays
midwest_rippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_rippa View Post
They fit the cherokee body perfectly. how are you going to mount the mojave body... it isnt wide enough to clear the trays
i cut up the trays

as you can see the rig is in need of sliders
Old 01-22-2018, 06:19 PM   #6

Wertymade is a good brand, like that one guy said, you can make anything work, a little trimming makes it custom if there to long
littledoins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:59 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

How is the body mounted to the chassis? If you’re creative you can make some like I did.

Painted ‘em black and they’ve held up fine ever since. The two inner holes have screws and nuts that hold the skids to the body itself, while the two outer holes secure the body to the white delrin posts, which allow the body with the attached skids to be removed in one piece.

I sanded/smoothed out all rough or sharp edges and points and they work great.

You can see the screws in this pic, on the far left...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by CR4NK; 01-23-2018 at 10:06 PM.
CR4NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:35 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4NK View Post
How is the body mounted to the chassis? If you’re creative you can make some like I did.

Painted ‘em black and they’ve held up fine ever since. The two inner holes have screws and nuts that hold the skids to the body itself, while the two outer holes secure the body to the white delrin posts, which allow the body with the attached skids to be removed in one piece.

I sanded/smoothed out all rough or sharp edges and points and they work great.

You can see the screws in this pic, on the far left...

That is great work man! Thanks for sharing! Would you mind taking a pic of your rig without the body?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:40 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
That is great work man! Thanks for sharing! Would you mind taking a pic of your rig without the body?

Thanks! Unfortunately the truck is at my other place of residence. I’ll be there this Thurs. and would be happy to take some pics of both the body with the skids attached and the chassis minus the body. I’ll post them to this thread.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks! Unfortunately the truck is at my other place of residence. I’ll be there this Thurs. and would be happy to take some pics of both the body with the skids attached and the chassis minus the body. I’ll post them to this thread.

Thanks man! I'll post a pic of my ghetto body mounts as well. I want to copy what you did with your rig. My body mounts are terrible!
Old 01-24-2018, 11:30 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Thanks man! I'll post a pic of my ghetto body mounts as well. I want to copy what you did with your rig. My body mounts are terrible!

No worries. Actually, my body mounts came from SMF RC works. They came with the cage, which also came from SMF. He sells the body mounts separately also. They attach to the outside edge of the chassis rails and include the delrin posts and hardware. I believe they are around $20 +/- but don’t quote me on it. It says they are for the tamiya hilux cab, but I dont think it would be too hard to make them work with the rc4wd mojave cab. Here is a link... http://smfrcworks.webs.com/products-page-one

Perhaps if you shoot him an email he can tell you of they would work on your cab or of he can make some to work for your cab.

Last edited by CR4NK; 01-24-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:08 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Ok, I was able to snap a few pics of how I have the body/mounts setup.

In this first pic, you can see the screw and their location which need to be removed to take the body off.

Heres a pic showing the location of the screw holes in relation to the delrin posts/body mounts.

Heres a pic of the body off the rig. You can see the two screws and nuts on each side that hold the “sliders” to the body. Unfortunately my led wiring prevents the body from being completely removed from the chassis but I just set it aside and haven’t had an issue.

Heres a pic of the rig with the body off. You can see how the SMF mounts secure to the body and how the delrin posts sit.

I’ve been asked about whether the two side trays have to be removed or not, and I believe they do have to be removed in order to place these mounts on the chassis rails. I’ve seen some pretty creative modding on this site so it wouldn’t surprise me to see some achieve keeping the side trays in conjunction with these mounts. Obviously if you remove the side trays you’ll need to get creative in regards to how you’re going to mount your rx, esc etc.

Hope these pics help.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:52 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Ok, I was able to snap a few pics of how I have the body/mounts setup.

In this first pic, you can see the screw and their location which need to be removed to take the body off.

Heres a pic showing the location of the screw holes in relation to the delrin posts/body mounts.

Heres a pic of the body off the rig. You can see the two screws and nuts on each side that hold the “sliders” to the body. Unfortunately my led wiring prevents the body from being completely removed from the chassis but I just set it aside and haven’t had an issue.

Heres a pic of the rig with the body off. You can see how the SMF mounts secure to the body and how the delrin posts sit.

I’ve been asked about whether the two side trays have to be removed or not, and I believe they do have to be removed in order to place these mounts on the chassis rails. I’ve seen some pretty creative modding on this site so it wouldn’t surprise me to see some achieve keeping the side trays in conjunction with these mounts. Obviously if you remove the side trays you’ll need to get creative in regards to how you’re going to mount your rx, esc etc.

Hope these pics help.

thanks for sharing man! i really appreciate it. i really like those SMF RC Works Cages. If i hadnt spent a fortune on my RC4wd cage i would get that one. i really like the smf rc works mounts better too. did you order your cage directly from them or from ebay? ive heard horror stories about smf not being responsive to customers after paying so ive been hesitant.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
thanks for sharing man! i really appreciate it. i really like those SMF RC Works Cages. If i hadnt spent a fortune on my RC4wd cage i would get that one. i really like the smf rc works mounts better too. did you order your cage directly from them or from ebay? ive heard horror stories about smf not being responsive to customers after paying so ive been hesitant.

Yeah, I’m glad I went the SMF route rather than on something else. Their quality is great and integrating the cage/body mounts was a no-brainer. No regerts, whatsoever!

Last edited by CR4NK; 01-27-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Tags
10.2, mojave, sliders, truggy