Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Scx10 ii hardbody jku build questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2018, 07:19 AM   #1

Default Scx10 ii hardbody jku build questions.

picked up a scx10.2 rtr crc eddition a couple days ago and im starting to get all the parts needed to build a replica of my 1:1 2015 jeep jku. Ill start a build thread with details and pics as soon as some of my big questions are out of the way. I picked up a chinese ebay body that is very accurate and i am happy with the quality. As it sits the only thing that looks to be in the way is the transmission housing. I debated trimming the interior of the hardbody but decided against it because it pretty much defeats the whole purpose. So. What are my options to do with the transmission? I saw that gcm makes a good scx10 front motor mount and transfer case. Will this work on the scx10.2? I read that other parts will be needed. If anybody can help me out on this as i have been out of the rc game for about 4 years and alot of new stuff has came out since then. Oics and jnfo will be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!
ROUGHNECK5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Scx10 ii hardbody jku build questions.

The scx10.2 kit transmission is different and might clear the body.
It's available to buy as a standalone

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Go with a toyzuki v2 kit.
monster 550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster 550 View Post
Go with a toyzuki v2 kit.

Want to try to stay with the scx chassis for now. Not ready for a huge upgrade like the whole kit. I was wondering what is needed to make this kit work on my scx10.2 chassis. Anybody rocking a jk or jku hardbody on their scx10 ii rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGHNECK5150 View Post
Want to try to stay with the scx chassis for now. Not ready for a huge upgrade like the whole kit. I was wondering what is needed to make this kit work on my scx10.2 chassis. Anybody rocking a jk or jku hardbody on their scx10 ii rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realized i didnt add the link. What do i need to make this kit work on the scx10.2?

http://www.bluemonkeyrc.com/catalog/...3vg0qlr3sgcob1

Last edited by THX_138; 04-25-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just realized i didnt add the link. What do i need to make this kit work on the scx10.2?

Front Motor Mount Kit with Transfer Case and Servo Mount, Blue Monkey RC

Remove 90% of it and revert back to an SCX10.

In all seriousness, this GCM kit (whilst amazing) isn't configured for the new SCX10II of any type, kit or RTR.

Your best option is to try out the kit transmission, it might be low enough to work for you.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
Remove 90% of it and revert back to an SCX10.

In all seriousness, this GCM kit (whilst amazing) isn't configured for the new SCX10II of any type, kit or RTR.

Your best option is to try out the kit transmission, it might be low enough to work for you.

I figured as much. Im looking at a couple other ones right now.
This video is the only thing i can find for the scx10ii https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR-6KRgfFPo

Then theres this for the scx10 but probably gonna have the same issue as the gcm kit huh? https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ssd00123.htm

Old 04-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I figured as much. Im looking at a couple other ones right now.
This video is the only thing i can find for the scx10ii https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR-6KRgfFPo

Then theres this for the scx10 but probably gonna have the same issue as the gcm kit huh? https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ssd00123.htm

Correct. I did a SCX10II conversion with the GCM kit, but again, it's entirely different in that you are gaining a full scale motor and trans kit, and losing the SCX10 trans. It's an awesome conversion though, as you gain overdrive on the front axle without making any gearing changes at said axle.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #8

Default Scx10 ii hardbody jku build questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
Correct. I did a SCX10II conversion with the GCM kit, but again, it's entirely different in that you are gaining a full scale motor and trans kit, and losing the SCX10 trans. It's an awesome conversion though, as you gain overdrive on the front axle without making any gearing changes at said axle.

Yeah that is true. All im doing is looking for a somewhat easy way to mount my jku hardbody without hacking up the interior lol. Everything clears except the trans housing. Even gaining the scale engine and trans should clear everything else. I dont care for the scale motor or trans just looking for gain more room. Ill look into the kit trans and see how much room i have to play with

Last edited by ROUGHNECK5150; 04-25-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #9

I have one of the JKU hard bodies mounted. I'm using the SSD trans now, it works with the OG SCX10ii skid and has plenty of clearance all around.

I had it originally mounted using the AX10 transmission with minor modifications to the center console in that body. Try flipping the trans on the skid and look at where things line up. The spur will almost touch the top of the trans tunnel in the body and you'll have to cut out the sides for clearance. I believe it's designed for the scx10ii kit trans, it has raised sections in the rear.
norcal-s is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx10 ii hardbody jku build questions. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawlers505 JKU Hardrock Build Crawler505 Axial SCX10 II 27 03-03-2018 03:52 PM
Few Questions about my NB JKU BombShellRC 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 09-28-2017 08:25 AM
Sots New Hardbody scx10 build. starting over. sotvotkong Axial SCX-10 11 04-25-2015 07:43 PM