Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Anyone having issues with the Vanquish universals?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Anyone having issues with the Vanquish universals?

I ran a set of stock universals in my truck for almost 2 years, easily over 100hrs of runtime on them. They were clapped out and just about done for at that point.

I picked up a set of vanquish universals and the pins crept out of both sides after the first run, by the second run the pins were wearing grooves in the kingpin screws. less than 10hrs of runtime and they're headed for the trash bin.

Has anyone else had issues with them?
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2018, 07:57 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Anyone having issues with the Vanquish universals?

That doesn’t seem right. Never had issues with any Vanquish parts. Try contacting customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThatJeeper2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

VPs support was awesome, they took care of it quickly. Unfortunately the 2nd set did the same thing. I investigated a bit farther and found that they can bind up at full throw with the SSD brass knuckles because they're thicker in a few spots...

Strength vs steering angle.

You can see the shiny spots where they bound up and deformed a bit.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I bought a pair and they don't fit into the larger of the two bearings on the knuckle. I thought they could be pressed in but no luck there either. I have not tried customer support yet. I was contemplating filing them down.
Tralfaz Blecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralfaz Blecht View Post
I bought a pair and they don't fit into the larger of the two bearings on the knuckle. I thought they could be pressed in but no luck there either. I have not tried customer support yet. I was contemplating filing them down.

Lightly sand with fine paper where the bearing seats on the axle and they will slide right on, must be the coating on the surface that makes them bind.
crawleR07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I'm more disappointed by my Vanquish CVD's than any other part I've ever purchased. I'm of the mindset that Vanquish is just well marketed junk.

Just like you, my stockers lasted almost 2 full seasons and I only replaced because they were getting sloppy. They never broke.

I had the exact same problem as you, the pins backed out after about 3 runs. One of them backed out far enough that it grooved my knuckle and ruined it.

Pretty disappointing after hearing so much hype about them. I definitely won't be buying anything else from them. Especially after what I had to pay to get that junk shipped to Canada.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
I'm more disappointed by my Vanquish CVD's than any other part I've ever purchased. I'm of the mindset that Vanquish is just well marketed junk.

Just like you, my stockers lasted almost 2 full seasons and I only replaced because they were getting sloppy. They never broke.

I had the exact same problem as you, the pins backed out after about 3 runs. One of them backed out far enough that it grooved my knuckle and ruined it.

Pretty disappointing after hearing so much hype about them. I definitely won't be buying anything else from them. Especially after what I had to pay to get that junk shipped to Canada.
I think they need to address the axle universals and maybe offer feedback as to why they have failed as mentioned above. That said, I also want to say that the axle housings and driveshafts I have been running are awesome and I will probably buy more for my other rigs. The Currie Rock Jocks look incredible and they're stout.

This is a niche market. Small businesses trying to make great stuff for really demanding picky people. I'll cut them some slack and hopefully they'll sort out the bugs.
Tralfaz Blecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:24 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I have had good luck with Hot Racing universals and stock. I set my trucks up with as much steering as possible and have yet to break either brand. I replace them after each comp season just because they get sloppy and I don't want to risk breaking one on course.

VP isn't junk. Some of their products are better than others though.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:49 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I have broken a Axial and a Hot Racing set. Have Vanquish ones to see how they hold up. If they break I will try Boom's new ones out.
redemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone having issues with the Vanquish universals? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish lockers and Incision universals SHOme General Crawlers 8 12-14-2017 05:50 PM
Yeti build and issues with front universals/diff coupling Ryan78 Axial Yeti 7 08-22-2016 08:56 AM
Vanquish C-hub/knuckle w/ Axial universals? toyplbg80 Newbie General 0 03-09-2015 05:31 PM
Vanquish VVD vs Axial Universals XJkid93 Axial Wraith 24 08-06-2012 10:42 PM
Vanquish universals? Soulo747 Axial Wraith 12 07-20-2012 11:01 AM