RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX10 II (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx10-ii/)
-   -   3 Link with Panhard verification (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx10-ii/600860-3-link-panhard-verification.html)

Rekreant 07-29-2018 09:10 PM

3 Link with Panhard verification

How can I verify that my suspension action is correct with the honcho 3 link setup? I have the s-neck SSD-RC links, and it seems like my drivers side wheel has more travel than the left. I cant remember what it was like before the upgrades, but is there some way to make sure everything is working properly? During compression the whole thing moves at a slight angle, something like 60 degrees.

Rekreant 07-30-2018 08:06 PM

Re: 3 Link with Panhard verification

Anyone? Ive noticed that I end up breaking the rod ends on my steering link pretty often since I got my HH 500v2....Is it related?

SSD 07-31-2018 02:53 AM

Our bent Ti links are the same length eye to eye as the stock links so it shouldn't change anything.
Now there is one important detail to these links, in the packing there are short rod ends and long rod ends. You need use one of each on each link to get the correct length.

The reason for this is that we used the same link for SCX10 and SCX10 II.
For SCX10 they use 2 short rod ends on each link, for SCX10 II they use one long and one short:
Bent Titanium Steering/Panhard Links

Bubba503 01-29-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSD (Post 5856094)
Our bent Ti links are the same length eye to eye as the stock links so it shouldn't change anything.
Now there is one important detail to these links, in the packing there are short rod ends and long rod ends. You need use one of each on each link to get the correct length.

The reason for this is that we used the same link for SCX10 and SCX10 II.
For SCX10 they use 2 short rod ends on each link, for SCX10 II they use one long and one short:
Bent Titanium Steering/Panhard Links

Does it matter which end uses the longer rod ends? The knuckle or the higher side at the servo and panhard mount? Building a pro44 setup for my scx10 ii and thinking of these as well so I can lower the shocks to the link mount without having the panhard hit the axle

Sniper4370 01-29-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba503 (Post 5994504)
Does it matter which end uses the longer rod ends? The knuckle or the higher side at the servo and panhard mount? Building a pro44 setup for my scx10 ii and thinking of these as well so I can lower the shocks to the link mount without having the panhard hit the axle

I wouldn't think it matters. The eye to eye distance is the same either way but, I'm sure someone who knows more than I do will chime in.

SSD 01-30-2020 03:02 AM

It doesn't matter which end you use the long rod end.