Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: New SSD Pro44 Complete Front Axle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #41

Default Re: New SSD Pro44 Complete Front Axle

Not the complete front, but front and rear with my hardware which is just stock. These things look sick compared to the stock axles. My first experience with SSD parts and I got to say I am impressed. So much that I ordered some more SSD for an Ascender build I'm gonna start quick.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
CHIEFWIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Anyone have issues with the M3 x 5mm or the M3 x 4mm pan head screws that come with the axle assembly kits? They spin in all three different type of 2mm hex drivers I have. The first one went half way in and stopped due to spun hex. I managed to get it back out. What is annoying is I built the entire builders kit, and then removed the axles and disassembled them to build these with not one issue with hardware.

What sucks is I’m deployed overseas and have to wait yet again for parts for the upgrade to the upgraded parts I just bought...

Last edited by SFC K; 01-12-2019 at 10:09 AM.
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 04:35 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Honest question... is there any benefit to CVD's over universals besides being rebuild-able? The question leading to if I didn't do a complete axle and used my own stock internals, would I gain anything besides rebuild-ability from CVD's vs Unis? Is there any downside to CVD's over Uni's? I've searched a bit and found inconsistent ideas over which is preferred.

Love the Pro44 axles. SSD has just done awesome with the SCX10 II products.
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:26 PM   #44
RCC Addict

I believe universals offer a bit more in terms of steering angle over CVD’s.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

That has been my experience as well.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post
Honest question... is there any benefit to CVD's over universals besides being rebuild-able? The question leading to if I didn't do a complete axle and used my own stock internals, would I gain anything besides rebuild-ability from CVD's vs Unis? Is there any downside to CVD's over Uni's? I've searched a bit and found inconsistent ideas over which is preferred.

I asked SSD, they skirted around the answer.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #47

I have the SSD housings on my Chevy Panel Truck build....Be nice if you included SSDrc stickers I'd like to advertise manuf. decals on the truck..
awoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post

It's my impression, although potentially erroneous, that they are stronger than a conventional u-joint configuration. Even better if they are chromoly steel.
VP has confirmed theirs are, and Horizon has confirmed theirs are not.
Make your own deduction.

I was looking for an axle upgrade for my scx10ii - and the SSD ones either have zero reviews or bad ones - that they broke rather prematurely. I have only broken one front axle in my Ascender over the past two years of running them, and that was replaced with a VP CVD one. VP is out of stock on u-joint ones, and I didn't find a CVD type for axial.

I too am interested in the SSD housings, in particular for the added weight down low. I have a setup of stuff in my cart at RPP, waiting to pull the trigger.

I just don't run my scx10 like my ascenders - the former my trailie, the latter my comp rig. My ascenders get hammered, are all weighted up and mod'd for comp crawling.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote

New SSD Pro44 Complete Front Axle - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Customizing my SSD Pro44 axle Stollenritter Axial SCX10 II 41 01-25-2020 01:37 PM
New SSD Pro44 Complete Rear Axle SSD Axial SCX10 II 26 02-16-2019 12:54 AM
New SSD Pro44 Axle Cases for SCX10 II - Open for Pre-order! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 10-13-2017 11:06 AM
Ssd pro44 axle redemon Chit Chat 36 10-07-2017 06:15 AM
SSD Pro44? 4RunnerKid Axial SCX10 II 5 10-06-2017 03:28 AM