Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial SCX10 II
Loading

Notices

Thread: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #141
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Pic Heavy















#PhallicFoam
Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #142
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2
















Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #143
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2
















Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #144
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2
















Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #145
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hicktown
Posts: 216
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

This is my favorite build on the site.

Love seeing the updates, progress, changes, and tips you provide here.

Thanks for posting! Keep it up!
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #146
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
This is my favorite build on the site.

Love seeing the updates, progress, changes, and tips you provide here.

Thanks for posting! Keep it up!
Thank You!! Your enthusiasm is refreshing!

Have a Great Day!


Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #147
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2



















I unfortunately did not take pics of the New fabric roof Top My Mom made. I had the Chuggy on display at the Activated Outlaw Get together on June 1 2019 completely rebuilt with no scratches. I have since drove around 10 batteries through the Chuggy and just drove the chuggy at the Activated Outlaw get Together on July 6 2019. I will take some update Pics and film some more videos with the Chuggy! Its Time For Forty-One!

Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #148
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hicktown
Posts: 216
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

How are you liking those tires compared to your Pit Bulls and others?
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #149
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,433
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
This is my favorite build on the site.

Love seeing the updates, progress, changes, and tips you provide here.

Thanks for posting! Keep it up!



Even though this isn't my build, thank you for your words of encouragement for Gavin
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:29 AM   #150
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,433
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Great work and dedication to see this build all the way through to paint and skins Gavin! Thank you for keeping track of your work and sharing it with me and the RCC hobby
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #151
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
How are you liking those tires compared to your Pit Bulls and others?

I really like them! They have good traction on rocks, stones, loose dirt, red clay, and packed clay. Any rock surface with grit these tires do well. In wet conditions I was very impressed! Good traction on wet rocks and dirt.

Comparing the Rock Beast To the Berserkers I would say:
Rock Beast still have a advantage on rocks but not on dirt or wet conditions.
Berserkers have overall better traction. Essentially a ultra4 tire good for all terrains but not the best at one terrain.

The Berserker compound is wearing just like a Rock Beast tire.
With that said I would install Rock Beasts if I was driving on rock only but for all terrains and good performance I'll use Berserkers.


Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #152
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hicktown
Posts: 216
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Even though this isn't my build, thank you for your words of encouragement for Gavin

You're welcome.
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #153
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hicktown
Posts: 216
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Ayala View Post

I really like them! They have good traction on rocks, stones, loose dirt, red clay, and packed clay. Any rock surface with grit these tires do well. In wet conditions I was very impressed! Good traction on wet rocks and dirt.

Comparing the Rock Beast To the Berserkers I would say:
Rock Beast still have a advantage on rocks but not on dirt or wet conditions.
Berserkers have overall better traction. Essentially a ultra4 tire good for all terrains but not the best at one terrain.

The Berserker compound is wearing just like a Rock Beast tire.
With that said I would install Rock Beasts if I was driving on rock only but for all terrains and good performance I'll use Berserkers.



Im on the east coast, muddy, slick, damp, mossy covered rocks. The Rock Beasts are working pretty well. Not sure If I prefer them or my TSLs yet though...Your comment about the wet holds true, ive noticed they dont clean as well as the TSLs


Still a great tire when its drier and not muddy. I dont regret buying them
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #154
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
Im on the east coast, muddy, slick, damp, mossy covered rocks. The Rock Beasts are working pretty well. Not sure If I prefer them or my TSLs yet though...Your comment about the wet holds true, ive noticed they dont clean as well as the TSLs


Still a great tire when its drier and not muddy. I dont regret buying them
Yeah TSLs clean nice in muddy conditions. It doesn't get damp, muddy or slick for more than a week In Texas and I try not to drive in wet condition to keep my RC's clean.

Have you tried cutting Rock Beasts? I have cut a set (Pictured below) and it made the tires perform great on loose dirt, muddy, damp, and slick dirt.
On rocks it lost traction, I found I had to spin the tires more to get traction on rocks.



It is hard to see but if you are interested i can take better pictures.
Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:33 AM   #155
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hicktown
Posts: 216
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Wow those look good. Yea if you have any more pics that would be sweet.

Its crazy how different terrain caters to different tire grooving and cutting...your tires look like a setup from a 1:1 rig here in the south/South east
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #156
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Simcoe Ontario Canada
Posts: 166
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Iíve done the same to my Rock Beasts.., works well for those of us that donít see a lot of rock!
My favourite cut was a local guy that cut his Rock beasts to mock the TSLís tread pattern.., looks so good!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lkvisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #157
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,433
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Gavin and I (Edmundo Ayala) will be driving and filming RC cars on August 3, 2019 at the Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum in Tyler, Texas.

Start Time 9:30AM

Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum
624 North Broadway Avenue
Tyler, Texas 75702
(903) 531-1286
gmuseum@tylertexas.com


Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum Web Site:
http://www.parksandrec.cityoftyler.o...anLeGrand.aspx


The courses will be set based on the rc vehicles in attendance. So whatever the majority of the group has to drive, that is what we will run. No one will be turned away, and every RC will have a chance on course.

The Goodman-LeGrand location has great terrain for scale RC's as well as comp crawlers. This is our 3rd get together at this location for 2019. We are hopeful to run three Competition course and three Activated courses.


Consider this your formal invite to stop by, drive your RC car and meet other hobbyists. This is not a competition or full blown event. This a get together with focus on driving and visiting. I hope to see you there and possibly get your RC car on camera.





Score Sheet that will be used:






Here is a 45 minute video that Gavin created of the July Get Together which was held at this location. "Activated Class" or scale trucks were run on that day since that is what the majority or the group brought.





#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw #doubledeucefoams #deuceswildwfoams #lilnovafoams #compcrawler #scalecrawler #rccrawler
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:35 AM   #158
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
Wow those look good. Yea if you have any more pics that would be sweet.

Its crazy how different terrain caters to different tire grooving and cutting...your tires look like a setup from a 1:1 rig here in the south/South east
I cut the tire tread with flush cutters and cut the inside ribbing for the softest tire. I cut these to be directional so that the inside (Axle side) is softer and the outside is slightly harder for better turning.







Quote:
Originally Posted by lkvisser View Post
Iíve done the same to my Rock Beasts.., works well for those of us that donít see a lot of rock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkvisser View Post
My favourite cut was a local guy that cut his Rock beasts to mock the TSLís tread pattern.., looks so good!
Right On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Gavin and I (Edmundo Ayala) will be driving and filming RC cars on August 3, 2019 at the Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum in Tyler, Texas.

Start Time 9:30AM

Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum
624 North Broadway Avenue
Tyler, Texas 75702
(903) 531-1286
gmuseum@tylertexas.com


Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum Web Site:
http://www.parksandrec.cityoftyler.o...anLeGrand.aspx


The courses will be set based on the rc vehicles in attendance. So whatever the majority of the group has to drive, that is what we will run. No one will be turned away, and every RC will have a chance on course.

The Goodman-LeGrand location has great terrain for scale RC's as well as comp crawlers. This is our 3rd get together at this location for 2019. We are hopeful to run three Competition course and three Activated courses.


Consider this your formal invite to stop by, drive your RC car and meet other hobbyists. This is not a competition or full blown event. This a get together with focus on driving and visiting. I hope to see you there and possibly get your RC car on camera.





Score Sheet that will be used:






Here is a 45 minute video that Gavin created of the July Get Together which was held at this location. "Activated Class" or scale trucks were run on that day since that is what the majority or the group brought.





#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw #doubledeucefoams #deuceswildwfoams #lilnovafoams #compcrawler #scalecrawler #rccrawler
I hope to see you there!

Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:12 PM   #159
Fabricator
 
Gavin Ayala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tyler
Posts: 389
Default Re: ''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Driving the Chuggy with its new Chassis paint and panel skins. Testing the Trinity Monster Max Torque 21.5 Motor on crawling and trail.



Thanks For watching!
Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
#activatedoutlaw, #ayalametalworks, #crawlerinnovations



''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WJ Grand Cherokee Built with SCX10 II featured with front placed transmission clarketian 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 10-01-2019 11:19 PM
the old blue chuggy 4x4boy 2.2 Scale Rigs 13 12-08-2009 08:36 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com