Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Bea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2019, 07:40 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bea

Nice! You've given me an idea for how to figure out some inner fenders to 3D print, I wasn't sure how I'd map out all the contours and angles but what better way than to just mock them up with paper.

Thanks for the inspiration
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2019, 07:53 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Old school fab, cardboard , tape and scissors. You can also just double up duct tape and cut that up, it flexes a bit more.
I find this faster than measuring and cad drawing, I just can’t print mine.
There are free files on shapeways for inner fenders, I’ve printed them for the Wraith.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:16 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I've done the Gorilla tape fenders for my Wraith and I know I could do something with styrene much faster and lighter, I guess I'm just fixated on CAD right now. Each new project helps me learn a little bit more and I'd also like to be able to share them if I come up with something decent.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:34 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I've done the Gorilla tape fenders for my Wraith and I know I could do something with styrene much faster and lighter, I guess I'm just fixated on CAD right now. Each new project helps me learn a little bit more and I'd also like to be able to share them if I come up with something decent.

I’m into learning and expanding my skill set . I haven’t messed with styrene in awhile, so it was fun, even though I wasted most of the day.

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-03-2019, 08:17 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Done with the front!

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Went to a buddies today for some informal comping.
No body mounted up so wanted to show Bea off..... Well Bea is Bad Assed!

BOOM up through all the first set of gates. Shocks, Tires, weight and balance! Holmes 13t was the trick though. Up the vertical slide of death, all the way to the top , all due to the torque and wheelspeed of that brushed beauty!
I’ve never made this rubber conveyor belt without tumbling off or spinning out. Today walked right up and over!
Yes I probably had a COG advantage without a body, but we were all surprised with this as today was first run out. Only issue was I did pull the screw out of my cheap servo horn, at the finish gate!

I suspect the SSD axles and brass knuckles are the big reason, but these Dravtech shocks sure helped Smooth as silk running full droop

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Do you think it would run as well with the kit transmission or do you prefer the old 3 gear setup? I only ask because I’m starting to gather parts for a truggy build. I like the kit trans so that’s what I was going to get, but it sounds like the old style does just fine.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Default Bea

I have this style in three trucks.
One in a wraith case but it’s a Bombproof . Second is the VP stock in my VS4 kit. This one has the cheap metal gears and the plastic case and motor plate. How this will hold up against the other higher end trans will show up in time. This one fits easily and performs well, I did lock the slipper down .

Giving a choice I would always opt for a metal case to stop screws from pulling out of the plastic case. I do recommend Super Shafty Motor plate and topshaft , well worth it.

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 02-03-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Getting closer !!
The ProLine cage fits great, I will have to build the bottom of the fuel cell to box in the shock mounts better. I did mount the magnets out rear, once those are set, I will mount the front magnets to the body. As you can see everything sits level and square. Now to figure out where I’m going with bumpers. The Bowhouse front mount limits me a bit , but I do have a few thoughts.

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Well tonight final magnet mounting. I started in the rear and doubled rings on stock mounting posts, shoe goo stuck the other side to the duel cell base. I also stuck a pair behind the rockers, they stick to the Werty sliders. I let the rear set and dry overnight, then clear pvc tape to wrap and separate. Onto the front ! Left the inner fenders off for access, tape over the plastic on the magnets. Weight and press down, now the 24 hr wait. I can access the tape easily through the fender wells, to help separate initially, then more clear tape between and onto interior and rear trim panels.Should be out running for the first time with the body, looks like I’m gonna need those stiffer green springs! Sprayed up a VP stock plastic wheel from the VS4 to use as a spare tire out back .

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-09-2019, 10:24 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Well a lot of progress and the body is fully mounted over the inner fenders. I ended up with ring magnets on the body posts, shoe gooed and tape covered, and a single magnet at the rear rocker which sticks to the Werty slider( perfect front fender capture) I can pick this up one-handed by the cage. Test run altogether I’m pretty close on the whole package.
https://youtu.be/RobeCWOMJ38

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Default Bea

Something was still bugging me, it was half a fuel cell. 20 minutes and some sheet styrene solved that, bit of paint and shoe goo to hold in place.fitted between the body posts so blends right in.

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 02-09-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:46 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Nice job mike! Wishin now id went with the magnets too. I tryd that route, but guess i didnt get the right ones. So now ive got thumb screws lol. Keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

I can easily say the magnets are perfect, held on the body thru more than a few rolls and tumbles. The inner fenders have a few popped joints, that was wishful thinking they would hold. Drywall mesh and shoe goo should solve that. I do need a re tune of springs now after adding the body and cage, i am flipping too easy in some spots, due to the higher COG
Old 02-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I can easily say the magnets are perfect, held on the body thru more than a few rolls and tumbles. The inner fenders have a few popped joints, that was wishful thinking they would hold. Drywall mesh and shoe goo should solve that. I do need a re tune of springs now after adding the body and cage, i am flipping too easy in some spots, due to the higher COG
About to do this as well.

So tell me if this is correct...

1. Shoe Goo magnet to body
2. Tape over magnet after Shoe goo dries.
3. Shoe Goo magnet to body post
4. done?
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

That’s how the video did it.
I put clear tape between the pair of magnets (for polarity)and goeed them onto the post and then waited 24 hr. Then goes the top one to the body and waited another 24 then I put clear tape over the body mounted magnet. They home in and are solid

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

New look , these seem to give this truck even more ! Only a 1/4” difference in height.

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-20-2019, 06:34 AM   #58
Go Buckeyes!

Good lookin' truck Mike!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Did a bit more, using the ProLine interior. Painted and dullcoated, a few decals. Then drop it in a box of styrene..... Why ? The interior tub now can sit on the chassis, but is still removable.

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #60
RCC Addict

That looks good mike! Comin along nicely.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote