Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Toyzuki Link questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Toyzuki Link questions

Ok guys and gals I've been slowly piecing together my latest build which is on a toyzuki v2 chassis. Right now i've got it mocked up with a hodge podge of links just to set some axles under it. Ive got a couple questions about links on this chassis. One thing i'm having and issue with is figuring out my link lengths i'll actually be needing. Mostly because i'm running MST axles under it and i'll also be running the new Rc4wd 4runner body up top. Obviously i Don't have my body yet for any mock up :( but i need to get the wheelbase down to 11.3 i believe to match up to the runner body. I made links a while back but can't for the life of me remember what method i did to get them where i needed them. Not sure if there are any premade link sets that will work to get me 11.3" wheel base using the MST axles either. If anyone knows any that could possibly work for my application i'd be interested looking into them. other wise i'll be doing more research on link building i suppose. Next question i have comes to Link placement. Obviously the chassis has a boat load of options when it comes to where your upper links can be placed. Is there a better place to have them in relation to the wheelbase or what exactly should i be doing about the upper link placement i guess i should be asking. Normally i have just built off of the stock c channel frames and not dealt with moving the links around. I feel like i've seen a tutorial around at one time about link placement and link lengths but its slipping my mind as to where or how long ago i found it. I know this is a bit of a run away question but if a few of you more experienced builders/tuners could point me in the general direction of what i should be looking at or reading up on i would greatly appreciate it. I suppose i should at some point throw up a build thread on this truck. Thanks in advance. In the meantime i'll be doing as much searching as i can since a quick google search hasn't prevailed any info on people using MST axles under a zuki yet.
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Toyzuki Link questions

Holy wall of text

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #3

I've been looking for these answers as well...
Mfoye80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My process for getting link lengths usually goes something like this:

1. Set up chassis and axles in approximate orientation
2. Get rough link measurements with a ruler
3. Cut mock up links to the rough size allowing room for rod ends to be threaded in and out
4. Install mock up links, thread rod ends in and out until I'm happy with the settings.
5. Measure eye to eye length of the mock up links and make final links to that size
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
My process for getting link lengths usually goes something like this:

1. Set up chassis and axles in approximate orientation

2. Get rough link measurements with a ruler

3. Cut mock up links to the rough size allowing room for rod ends to be threaded in and out

4. Install mock up links, thread rod ends in and out until I'm happy with the settings.

5. Measure eye to eye length of the mock up links and make final links to that size

Kind of what I was thinking. Use all thread get them close enough where I can move the rod ends in or out and then cut up my stainless sleeve to go over the thread but I might just get some tubing I can tap m4 threads in. Either way I think you may have reminded me of how I did my last set of links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Toyzuki Link questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyzuki v1 questions Johan_Eriksson 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 04-28-2017 01:24 PM
4 link questions CMaD Axial SCX-10 5 07-26-2011 05:43 PM
4-link and link lengths questions T DAWGv12 Axial SCX-10 5 11-27-2010 11:17 AM
4 link questions TImmy6216 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 04-19-2009 01:11 PM