Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Steering servo right/left travel differences

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Steering servo right/left travel differences

I did a search for steering right/left travel variations and didn't really find what I'm seeing with my SCX10 ii RTR. The closest was "Thread: Potential steering or servo issue" from December 2017.

I've had my SCX10 ii for a couple of months now. Used, but really lightly used, as in can't see a mark anywhere. Its the 2017 Wrangler CRC RTR and I couldn't resist at the price I paid for it. First thing done was replacement of the stock servo and an Axial aluminum servo horn at the same time. Set the end points and could never get as much steering angle left as I could right. Played with it every time I used it but always the same result.

Was doing something else today and noticed the servo horn at "Full" left turn was hitting the panhard bracket and stopping when it was contacting the bracket. Shimmed the servo with a couple of washers and now the servo horn is centered in the slot in the bracket, no more contact with the bracket. Reset the end points and now equal steering travel left and right.

I guess the little size differences between servo manufacturers can be enough to cause the problem I was struggling with. Glad to now have that resolved.

Just posted it as something to look for if anyone else is having a similar issue.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Steering servo right/left travel differences

Not too unusual. All servos look the same, case and ear placement can vary

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Steering servo right/left travel differences

My stock servo did the same thing, even with the stock plastic servo horn. I had to file the panhard bracket as well as shim the servo up. Then I upgraded the servo and horn, and there was enough room.
zane! is offline   Reply With Quote

Steering servo right/left travel differences - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
steering differences rr10 to wraith nyford Axial RR10 Bomber 3 01-08-2016 10:55 AM
anyway to get more steering and suspension travel? m1009cucv Tamiya XC/CC01 2 07-01-2011 10:09 AM
DX3 steering travel ???? stubs179 Electronics 3 10-25-2010 06:14 AM
Not steering the same right and left RickM Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 1 02-15-2010 09:49 PM
stock mrc steering travel? toyfreak Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 15 06-05-2009 08:07 AM