Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Castle mamba x sensored motor/esc + raw build kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 10:22 PM   #1

Default Castle mamba x sensored motor/esc + raw build kit

Hi you guys can call me boog. New to the hobby but have had a long (years) run of curiosity and interest. I had made my mind up to dive in which started with research. I always research and that's what my past couple months have been. What to get? I knew off road, I liked scale, I liked speed, i liked crawlers, and I wanted all in one... I almost got a summit. Finally decided before I drop summit money i should buy some old project and have a tinker/ learner. Got a vintage 2wd stampede, rebuilt the trans, shocks, clutch, and new bearings all around. Some desoldering previous owners globs and soldering the connections to the motor also replaced the missing capacitor... it was a scolded dog and I was instantly hooked. I had already learned my old stampede was updatable, capable, and now I realized it was more fun than I thought a 2wd rc truck could be. Next step was deciding that an all in was not gonna be the ticket. Decided to peice together a crawler. Start with a motor and esc my 2 could share after learning sensored brushless could get me a crawler that could run better than 7mph. I never wanted to bash in one just not that slow on trails lol. Bought a mamba x esc motor combo for the stampede with it really being intended for a crawler. Was looking at frame rails and such online, broke down bought raw kit. I love it. The castle is hands down stop shared between the 2. The less will scream and hall, the sc10ii will haul, and crawl. I love this hobby.
Whostheboog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Castle mamba x sensored motor/esc + raw build kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle mamba x & sensored motor issues le varan Electronics 6 07-15-2018 06:46 AM
Castle has sensored ESC but not motor... MEnMYshoes Electronics 8 05-13-2014 10:51 PM