Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: New motor??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #1

Default New motor??

Hi all! I just bought a used SCX10 II that I believe is the kit version. And the guy who had it before me put a 35T motor and some cheap esc. I decided to put some bigger 2.2 tires on and a lift kit. And I took it out the other day and about 5 minutes in I started smelling burning motor. Is there anyway the bigger tires could have caused the motor to burn up? And any suggestions on upgrading the motor and esc? And would I need to change anything with the gearing? I’m pretty new to the crawler/scale scene so I’m not sure what’s the best option and would love some help! Thanks!!!
DigginForGoold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2019, 04:12 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New motor??

If you wanna stay with a brushed setup, id suggest a hobbywing 1080 esc n a holmes hobbies trail master sport motor, maybe a 27t...

Wat gearing are u runnin now? Spur count? Pinion? That would help us to help u. I run a 32p setup in my 10.2, my spur is either 50t or 54t n pinion is 15t. Im runnin a castle mmp esc n a HH trailmaster sport 21t. Its just a lil faster than walkin speed, but i can crawl pretty slow too

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New motor??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigginForGoold View Post
Hi all! I just bought a used SCX10 II that I believe is the kit version. And the guy who had it before me put a 35T motor and some cheap esc. I decided to put some bigger 2.2 tires on and a lift kit. And I took it out the other day and about 5 minutes in I started smelling burning motor. Is there anyway the bigger tires could have caused the motor to burn up? And any suggestions on upgrading the motor and esc? And would I need to change anything with the gearing? I’m pretty new to the crawler/scale scene so I’m not sure what’s the best option and would love some help! Thanks!!!
Yes!

The larger tires essentially raised the gearing on the truck. To counteract that you need to gear down the transmission to counteract. A smaller pinion is recomended, a larger spur may be needed.

I am struggling to get the gearing low enough with my Ultimate Adventuring Bronco . I am running 2.2 sized 1.9's. 5.4"tall. I am using the 3 gear transmission and 11/56 gearing with the 540 HH trailmaster in 27t flavor and a HH brxl.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote