Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: SCX10 ii clone chassis (Injora): 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ scale build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: SCX10 ii clone chassis (Injora): 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ scale build

So my Axial axles have finally arrived and wow! I can’t believe how similar the Injora ones are to them. There are some slight differences of course and in the long run, the Axial may outshine the clone version BUT the clones are pretty well made in comparison all things considered!

Interestingly enough Axial positions their steering arm on the opposite side of the clone version.

I also order some light buckets. They are 3D printed and seem to be made of a nice material. Going to be using these for the Cherokee body of course.

Been a little slow on this build right now but as the long weekends come around the corner I’ll find some time to work on it.

Next weekend I need to pick up the body paint as it arrived to the hobby shop I buy from- had to special order it! Never thought I’d do that for paint!

Stay tuned, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marcod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 08:44 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I’m not worried about the Injora axles (well kinda worried about the CVDs) as much as I am the Injora plastic transmission gears.

I have my eye on a set of metal replacement gears for the SCX10 on E-Bay.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I’m not worried about the Injora axles (well kinda worried about the CVDs) as much as I am the Injora plastic transmission gears.

I have my eye on a set of metal replacement gears for the SCX10 on E-Bay.

CVDs are a concern for me as well. The Axial ones are so much beefier in comparison. But the plastic quality and the gears inside of the clone looked great!!! I’m only replacing these if they bust during testing.

Yes I found them for about 11 USD shipped. Slipper clutch included, and all hardware.

Old 09-18-2019, 05:59 PM   #44

The front axle has started slipping/clicking in our Injora. We are running 4.75 tires, and beating this thing senseless. The ring and pinion seem very solid, and only appears to be a shimming issue. I will be starting a build thread on a new Injora that arrived today, and will cover the issues and upgrades we are making.
Industry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:08 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

So on these Injora chassis, it looks like the axles are basically AR44? e.g do they fit the actual AR44 gears? Also it looks like there's no panhard link mount on the front axle so does that mean you would have to run it as a 4 link with CMS unless you swapped to actual Axial ones or another brand that has the panhard link mount?
nzrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:17 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Industry View Post
The front axle has started slipping/clicking in our Injora. We are running 4.75 tires, and beating this thing senseless. The ring and pinion seem very solid, and only appears to be a shimming issue. I will be starting a build thread on a new Injora that arrived today, and will cover the issues and upgrades we are making.
Looking forward to your build thread. 👍🏼

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrc View Post
So on these Injora chassis, it looks like the axles are basically AR44? e.g do they fit the actual AR44 gears? Also it looks like there's no panhard link mount on the front axle so does that mean you would have to run it as a 4 link with CMS unless you swapped to actual Axial ones or another brand that has the panhard link mount?
The cases resemble AR44 axles, but the internals are closer to the original SXC10 in appearance. I’m not sure if the original Axial gears are interchangeable as I don’t have any to compare them to.

The Injora axles do have a panhard mount on the axles, but it used a 4 link setup.

You would have to fab a panhard mount on the chassis or try to adapt the Axial mount.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:23 AM   #47

Anyone looking for parts for these, after a long frustrating hunt I tracked them down. I needed a replacement ring and pinion. The stock axial does not fit these trucks. I finally found replacement parts on AliExpress. I ordered two ring and pinions with spool for under $20 shipped. All replacement parts for the axles, trans, and shocks are available. There is another version of this truck with carbon fiber frame rails, aluminum trans case, aluminum axles, bigger aluminum shocks, aluminum links with aluminum rod ends as well. I believe the price was $299. As for the panhard mount, the stock axial scx10ii shock tower with panhard mount will bolt right up to the Injora chassis.
Industry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #48

I've been following your posts over the past couple of weeks. I'm very new to the hobby, and didn't have a large (1/10) crawler until I picked up one of these. My first foray being one of the small WPL C34 trucks, just dipping my toes so to speak.

I've wanted to get one of the builders kits as soon as I finished the WPL and took it for a run, but always found the price hard to justify, and it's not as if I've got spares sitting around where I could save money. So I got one of these with wheelset, the price is reasonable enough that if I really love it and want to get a branded kit, I'll be able to resuse the electronics I'm sticking in this one or if I decide actually it isn't for me I won't be too upset about the money spent so far. Over the weekend me and a friend took the chassis out with a cardboard body (there was a slight drizzle, I wish I'd taken pictures), it handled pretty much everything we threw at it.
I used an 1060 ESC and DS3225 servo (very cheap, we'll see how long it lasts). Price all in so far is a little less than the price of an SCX10.2 raw builders kit, including electronics, battery and charger(!).

Hopefully within the next couple of days I'll have a cheap lexan body and some paints and be ready for painting towards the end of the week. This is just a stop gap for something I want to put together on a longer term. Maybe I'll even make a build thread too, it'll be my first painting job so maybe someone will get a laugh out of it.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking, I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes up with these chassis.
OGTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:11 PM   #49

I am a bit like you OGTrout in that I bought this chassis with a view to getting into the hobby with a cheaper step to see if I want to go down this rabbit hole (I am pretty sure I will) I have been into RC Planes for some years so I do have some spares that will work, servos, receivers and three stick radios including a DX6i which will become the crawler radio. I waiting for the chassis to turn up and I am looking at getting a cheap body from China. I notice most of them say the bodies are made of "hard plstic" which I assume is not lexan, but it will do for the purpose.
I am looking forward to this thread developing.
Sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:35 AM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGTrout View Post
I've been following your posts over the past couple of weeks. I'm very new to the hobby, and didn't have a large (1/10) crawler until I picked up one of these. My first foray being one of the small WPL C34 trucks, just dipping my toes so to speak.

I've wanted to get one of the builders kits as soon as I finished the WPL and took it for a run, but always found the price hard to justify, and it's not as if I've got spares sitting around where I could save money. So I got one of these with wheelset, the price is reasonable enough that if I really love it and want to get a branded kit, I'll be able to resuse the electronics I'm sticking in this one or if I decide actually it isn't for me I won't be too upset about the money spent so far. Over the weekend me and a friend took the chassis out with a cardboard body (there was a slight drizzle, I wish I'd taken pictures), it handled pretty much everything we threw at it.
I used an 1060 ESC and DS3225 servo (very cheap, we'll see how long it lasts). Price all in so far is a little less than the price of an SCX10.2 raw builders kit, including electronics, battery and charger(!).

Hopefully within the next couple of days I'll have a cheap lexan body and some paints and be ready for painting towards the end of the week. This is just a stop gap for something I want to put together on a longer term. Maybe I'll even make a build thread too, it'll be my first painting job so maybe someone will get a laugh out of it.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking, I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes up with these chassis.

Not a problem! I am happy that this thread helped show you what the Injora chassis was all about. Really that was my intended purpose because I myself knew very little about it and I could not find too much information here. So I figured, $100.00... what’s there to lose?! I’m glad I picked it up needless to say

I’ve been super busy recently so I apologize if there has been small developments!

Thanks for checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop View Post
I am a bit like you OGTrout in that I bought this chassis with a view to getting into the hobby with a cheaper step to see if I want to go down this rabbit hole (I am pretty sure I will) I have been into RC Planes for some years so I do have some spares that will work, servos, receivers and three stick radios including a DX6i which will become the crawler radio. I waiting for the chassis to turn up and I am looking at getting a cheap body from China. I notice most of them say the bodies are made of "hard plstic" which I assume is not lexan, but it will do for the purpose.

I am looking forward to this thread developing.

Some of the hard plastic bodies coming from China are incredible and some cost as much as the chassis itself! There is a hard body Cherokee that will run you about 100USD but it looks like it is very high quality. Thanks for checking in and I apologize if the thread has been quiet!

Been busy with many other little things going on, but Fall is around the corner from where I am so that means more time inside tinkering in the basement with this thing

Thanks!

Old 10-05-2019, 02:01 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Hey marcod13, awesome idea with the Cherokee body. the lowered stance is such a great look. I am, definitely, a fan of the more stock looking Jeeps. Thank you for posting this up.

I was looking to get my wife into tiny trucks with me and the price was right on this one. She won't know the difference, and we can get our old butts outdoors into some fresh air fun together. I ordered one back on the Sept 12. It came in this week, in the same condition as everyone else...axles poked through, frame sticking out the end of the box and wear spots inside from the Chub's rocking back and forth from movement of the chassis during shipping.

I started checking out alot of the things that have been pointed out already. I have a gear set coming from Amazon...thanks Industry for posting the link. I will fix all the other things that have come up too, like the shocks, axles, and trans. I did a quick look over and discovered that the caster was angled too far forward. I pulled apart the front end, and shortened the upper links by removing about 3mm from each end. It now has about 1-2 degrees caster. While it was apart, I realized there was a little binding at the plastic ball ends on all of the links. I backed off each of the screws about an 1/8th of a turn and they all move freely and smoothly now. A small tidbit for others, the front C's are angled like the SCX10 ii but are slotted like the original SCX10 axles. I think this is different from the SCX10 ii multi grooved slots. I don't own a V2, so I can't confirm the mounting on the newer AR44's. If I find more I'll post up. Sorry for jacking your thread...
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #52

So glad there is some talk about this rig! I got one about a month ago, it has been great so far. Does anyone know about parts interchangeability? Links, axle parts etc? They look a lot like the Axial housings, but it sounds like the gears are slightly different. Haven't broken anything (yet) but would like to maybe add some brass parts to the axles.

So far all I have changed are the shocks, I had some Gen 7 Redcat shocks I put on, they are a bit stiff but dampen very well.

Lets keep this thread alive!
Dirthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:28 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirthead View Post
So glad there is some talk about this rig! I got one about a month ago, it has been great so far. Does anyone know about parts interchangeability? Links, axle parts etc? They look a lot like the Axial housings, but it sounds like the gears are slightly different. Haven't broken anything (yet) but would like to maybe add some brass parts to the axles.

So far all I have changed are the shocks, I had some Gen 7 Redcat shocks I put on, they are a bit stiff but dampen very well.

Lets keep this thread alive!
Shocks, links, shock hoops, etc... are all interchangeable.

Axle gears are not.

But replacement gears are available and very inexpensive on AliExpress. May behoove you to order a couple sets just to have on hand. 👍🏼
Old 10-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58_Willys View Post
Hey marcod13, awesome idea with the Cherokee body. the lowered stance is such a great look. I am, definitely, a fan of the more stock looking Jeeps. Thank you for posting this up.

I was looking to get my wife into tiny trucks with me and the price was right on this one. She won't know the difference, and we can get our old butts outdoors into some fresh air fun together. I ordered one back on the Sept 12. It came in this week, in the same condition as everyone else...axles poked through, frame sticking out the end of the box and wear spots inside from the Chub's rocking back and forth from movement of the chassis during shipping.

I started checking out alot of the things that have been pointed out already. I have a gear set coming from Amazon...thanks Industry for posting the link. I will fix all the other things that have come up too, like the shocks, axles, and trans. I did a quick look over and discovered that the caster was angled too far forward. I pulled apart the front end, and shortened the upper links by removing about 3mm from each end. It now has about 1-2 degrees caster. While it was apart, I realized there was a little binding at the plastic ball ends on all of the links. I backed off each of the screws about an 1/8th of a turn and they all move freely and smoothly now. A small tidbit for others, the front C's are angled like the SCX10 ii but are slotted like the original SCX10 axles. I think this is different from the SCX10 ii multi grooved slots. I don't own a V2, so I can't confirm the mounting on the newer AR44's. If I find more I'll post up. Sorry for jacking your thread...

58_willys, I am very happy that you picked up this chassis to enjoy with your wife. It really is a wonderfully priced chassis and the components are quite good as you mention! I noticed that my camber looked heavy as well and will do your trick to correct it to 1-2 degrees. I agree too that I like the stock non-lifted look

I picked up some magnetic body mounts to drop it to the level that you see there.

Don’t worry you’re not jacking the thread, you’re just adding to the information on this awesome chassis! ;)

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

If anyone's interested, here are the ring, pinion and axles that fit these Injora axles. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...chweb201603_52

For long term durability and parts availability, you're probably better off upgrading to actual AR44's like OP did
nzrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:11 AM   #56

So, shall we label this the CHX II Chassis, or the Chaxial SCX II?

It appears the OP intended for this to be his build thread, but it seems that it is shaping up to become a discussion thread... marcod13, be sure and let us know if you feel your build is getting lost in the discussion...

With that said, I just ordered this to build a Christmas truck for my wife:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305...14fe2e0ewIAb3x

Looks like the exact same chassis, just with Chyrax tires and different wheels. I started to get her the RTR Remo 1093ST (Honcho clone...ish), but this looks like a little better platform to start with. I'm making some upgrades on my Carisma Sca1e, so I'll have the electronics to swap over. There's already some great info here, so I'll be following this thread closely...
gotdurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:08 PM   #57

So "mine" finally arrived, same observations as Marcon13 and Dezfan. I haven't opened the shocks yet, but I suspect they don't have oil in them, as there is little to no damping. A little disappointed that they didn't include body posts, so that's something else I'll have to order. Mine came with a bumper and some hardware that I thought was bumper struts and screws for mounting, but after looking at closely, nothing lines up so they may not be related... Like Marcon13's, it also did not come with any kind of manual or documentation.
gotdurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:43 PM   #58
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotdurt View Post
So, shall we label this the CHX II Chassis, or the Chaxial SCX II?

It appears the OP intended for this to be his build thread, but it seems that it is shaping up to become a discussion thread... marcod13, be sure and let us know if you feel your build is getting lost in the discussion...

With that said, I just ordered this to build a Christmas truck for my wife:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305...14fe2e0ewIAb3x

Looks like the exact same chassis, just with Chyrax tires and different wheels. I started to get her the RTR Remo 1093ST (Honcho clone...ish), but this looks like a little better platform to start with. I'm making some upgrades on my Carisma Sca1e, so I'll have the electronics to swap over. There's already some great info here, so I'll be following this thread closely...

All is good my fellow RC builder. Thank you for reaching out none the less!

Happy to hear yours came in the same shape as mine. I emailed the seller re: a manual for the chassis but no dice unfortunately... I have worked on this chassis a little since I last posted here and I do have a REALLY good setup for mounting the Axial Cherokee body. Will follow up with some pictures tonight.

Thanks!

Old 12-06-2019, 06:10 AM   #59

Hi All,

I am new here, just registered because of this forum. I recently ordered my Injora, the usage will be not really crawling (for that I have an Element Enduro) but some speed bashing and mudding. For this purpose which 540 motor would be recommended? I"d like to have a waterproof 540 brushed motor as I have a brushed esc at home later I might go for brushless, too. Should I change the pinion as well? Thanks in advance.
motoflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:44 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoflug View Post
Hi All,

I am new here, just registered because of this forum. I recently ordered my Injora, the usage will be not really crawling (for that I have an Element Enduro) but some speed bashing and mudding. For this purpose which 540 motor would be recommended? I"d like to have a waterproof 540 brushed motor as I have a brushed esc at home later I might go for brushless, too. Should I change the pinion as well? Thanks in advance.

Welcome! Glad this thread helped you in your purchase of the injora. You will really enjoy it, it’s a quite versatile chassis and has plenty of build-ability. Most if not all brushed 540 motors are waterproof. Great care should be taken when running them in water, be sure to clean it well and run clean water in the motor to prevent corrosion and damage. Start off with a 35T Axial motor and go from there perhaps.

SCX10 ii clone chassis (Injora): 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ scale build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Injora SCX10 ii clone nzrc 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 08-27-2019 08:45 PM
Wrangler build question. Proline vs Axial vs Injora badgustav Traxxas TRX-4 5 08-26-2019 10:34 PM
New C3 build please follow! kcoon5 2.2 Scale Rigs 1 06-19-2015 06:47 PM
Clone Sammy Build scuzzy51 1.9 Scale Rigs 51 11-14-2010 12:24 AM
Follow along(and help) as I build my first TLT Hardrockguitar1 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 23 12-28-2006 05:16 PM