Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Collaboration of scx10.2 builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Collaboration of scx10.2 builds

Scroll to post 43 for the latest

Just picked up a new to me scx10 ii believe was originally the Jeep Cherokee rtr.

I’ve had a wraith for about 5 months now and thought I’d ad a 1.9 to the garage.

Had a bit of a poor buying experience unfortunately, was in a hurry when I met the guy and he advertised it as “like new” which it was far from. A servo swap later, just about replacing every screw, some differential and transmission service including steel gears, a rc4wd 35t motor and some suspension work it’s been a pretty fun rig.

The body had been painted with regular paint the he attempted to plasti-dip the windows and it reacted with the paint. I attempted to save it with brake fluid and that just about ruined it.

Looking to upgrade a few things like steering links, servo relocation and center mount battery add a new lid and keep on driving.

I am impressed so far it’s made a couple obstacles the wraith struggles on look easy!
Attached Images

Last edited by Fricker08; 12-20-2021 at 12:23 AM.
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #2

Default Re: Budget scx10.2

Looks good! I kinda like the "rough" look of the body...
braytonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:17 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Throw some primer grey on it n ita look pretty good. Give that old beat up, been sittin for years look

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Just picked up a new to me scx10 ii believe was originally the Jeep Cherokee rtr.

I’ve had a wraith for about 5 months now and thought I’d ad a 1.9 to the garage.

Had a bit of a poor buying experience unfortunately, was in a hurry when I met the guy and he advertised it as “like new” which it was far from. A servo swap later, just about replacing every screw, some differential and transmission service including steel gears, a rc4wd 35t motor and some suspension work it’s been a pretty fun rig.

The body had been painted with regular paint the he attempted to plasti-dip the windows and it reacted with the paint. I attempted to save it with brake fluid and that just about ruined it.

Looking to upgrade a few things like steering links, servo relocation and center mount battery add a new lid and keep on driving.

I am impressed so far it’s made a couple obstacles the wraith struggles on look easy!

Elk rock! That place is a blast to take crawlers to. My buddy and I usually do a whole loop around the island weekly with ours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bubba503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba503 View Post
Elk rock! That place is a blast to take crawlers to. My buddy and I usually do a whole loop around the island weekly with ours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep that’s the place! I just started going there a couple months ago with my wraith before I picked up the scx10 ii.

Ended up somewhat salvaging the body, I’ve done a couple upgrades added sliders ssd titanium steering links have a rear bumper coming today and some spare wheels and tires Monday. Hope to get some action pics this weekend
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Looks good. Looks like somebody drove the crap out of it, fixed n primed the damage n left it at that.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Was able to take it out yesterday to a little spot called high rocks. Ended up being pretty flooded but had fun for an hour or so
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by braytonia View Post
Looks good! I kinda like the "rough" look of the body...
Maybe some metal beadlocks next, RC4WD white steel spokes would look great!
https://store.rc4wd.com/5-Lug-Wagon-...te_p_1930.html

and hex hubs (instead of pin drive) to go with them.
https://store.rc4wd.com/19-5-Lug-Ste...ub_p_2629.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Throw some primer grey on it n ita look pretty good. Give that old beat up, been sittin for years look
Yes, or some paint color of your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Yep that’s the place! I just started going there a couple months ago with my wraith before I picked up the scx10 ii.

Ended up somewhat salvaging the body, I’ve done a couple upgrades added sliders ssd titanium steering links have a rear bumper coming today and some spare wheels and tires Monday. Hope to get some action pics this weekend
Beautiful crawl spots, thanks for the pictures! Do the needed upgrades as they come up, add your own style touches and enjoy!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:17 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Maybe some metal beadlocks next, RC4WD white steel spokes would look great!

https://store.rc4wd.com/5-Lug-Wagon-...te_p_1930.html

and hex hubs (instead of pin drive) to go with them.

https://store.rc4wd.com/19-5-Lug-Ste...ub_p_2629.html

Yes, or some paint color of your choice.

Beautiful crawl spots, thanks for the pictures! Do the needed upgrades as they come up, add your own style touches and enjoy!
I agree nate, the white wagon wheels go good with those older model trucks

Old 11-01-2019, 12:05 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Made a couple changes but I’ve been finding myself driving the scx10 ii over the wraith almost every time. Might end up parting ways with the wraith but I haven’t decided. Anyways I moved the shocks to the link mount and what a difference that made! Also added some aluminum shock towers

I picked up servo/battery relocation mounts not super happy about the battery tray setup because I’m running a full size pack but it will work for now.
Also picked up some fleabay aluminum bead locks to get some weight down low. Trying to find a deal on a body but I’ll probably end up spending the money on the Bronco deadbolt body soon. But so far been loving the 1.9er
Attached Images

Last edited by Fricker08; 11-03-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Picked up a Jeep Wrangler rubicon body cheap for the rig, getting ready for some paint. Unfortunately weather won’t permit paint for a while, but have a couple ideas and color combos in mind.
Also have some new bumpers and final pieces to build the xtra speed axles to gain a little weight down low. Been a fun ride so far!
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2020, 11:51 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Masked off the body, not sure on colors yet, the lhs didn’t quite have what I had in mind so we will see
Attached Images

Last edited by Fricker08; 01-09-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:58 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Well finally got the body done, rushed the paint job a little due to weather and living in an apartment but all n all looks good for something that’s gonna get used!
Have yet to mount up the new shocks and looking for a different set of aluminum bead locks, the gold doesn’t mesh so well with the color scheme. Waiting on link mounts for the xtra speed housings I got then I can build my new alloy axles
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2020, 06:24 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Looks great!
Screwfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:19 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

I love the old Bronco but you made a big improvement with the new body and paint.
clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Haven’t posted in a while, but I’ve since installed the eBay piggyback shocks I paid $17 for and have 0 complaints. Full functional piggyback. I installed xtra speed axle housings with aluminum lockouts c-hubs and knuckles that added some great weight down low.
Let me tell you this thing is a blast to drive. Still running a rc4wd 35t with no complaints. I added a savox 1231sg 444oz servo with the BEC feeding that directly. Just added some alloy bumpers and a warn winch with a controller in the mail.

Oh and I swapped my wraith for the red JK. Pretty much stock added a stinger has the case for an optional 2 speed. Thinking about selling that and picking up a trx4 kit
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2020, 09:47 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Rig looks good, highly recommend the trx4.

also be sure to take that thing to the coast for some good crawling and epic scenery.
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:01 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Rig looks good, highly recommend the trx4.

also be sure to take that thing to the coast for some good crawling and epic scenery.
Hey thanks man, yea I’m looking forward to getting a kit. I haven’t been to the coast in a while, where do you recommend?
Usually go to Lincoln city pacific city or like gearhart
Old 03-11-2020, 10:48 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Nice upgrades, keep em coming, what's planned for the red Jeep? Glad that you're having fun modding and crawling.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:55 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I miss crawling the Portland area. I used to wheel in Lake Oswego (Oswego landing) a bunch in 2008. I remember a few people drowned at high rocks around that time too. I'm not sure if its any safer to swim there now.

As much as I disliked my red jeep, it turned out to be an awesome 2.2 wheeler, if you want to go that route with it. Wouldn't take much. I could give you info on my build if you're interested.

xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Collaboration of scx10.2 builds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Budget Hilux from old SCX10 Brisco Axial SCX-10 7 01-28-2017 05:39 PM
TJ's Budget SCX10.2 Build OurJK Axial SCX10 II 16 12-22-2016 06:52 AM
SCX10 budget build The Jimmy James 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 04-22-2013 10:53 PM