Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Panhard Mount Interfering with Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 05:55 PM   #1

Default Panhard Mount Interfering with Servo

I was wondering if anyone is having any problems with the servo horn hitting the panhard bar mount on the scx10ii. I have had the servo horn fail multiple times on the trail after being dismounted. I have shaved off some of the plastic as well as put spacers under the servo mounting screws to allow for more clearance. Despite my best efforts this problem still leaves me walking back to the truck for repairs. I have looked into a servo/battery tray relocation kit and possibly an aluminum servo horn, but I am not sure which one to go with. Any response is appreciated!
Ranger1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #2
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Panhard Mount Interfering with Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1996 View Post
I was wondering if anyone is having any problems with the servo horn hitting the panhard bar mount on the scx10ii. I have had the servo horn fail multiple times on the trail after being dismounted. I have shaved off some of the plastic as well as put spacers under the servo mounting screws to allow for more clearance. Despite my best efforts this problem still leaves me walking back to the truck for repairs. I have looked into a servo/battery tray relocation kit and possibly an aluminum servo horn, but I am not sure which one to go with. Any response is appreciated!
Can you post pics? Definitely recommend a metal servo horn either way.

You may be able to shorten your steering link and recenter everything to keep it from pulling so far right.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Pics would definantly help. As topher said, metal servo horn is a good upgrade. I had issues with mine as well wen i first built my truck last year. I went with the SSD bent pan hard/drag link set with an aluminum horn. I did end up havin to use a longer screw and a pivot ball as a spacer, but i have no binding or any issues at all. Heres some pics of how mines set up. Maybe itll help u with yours

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:34 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Get a metal servo horn, I use the cheap ones and grind the bump off of the back and the extra hole off of the length.

Use a bent rod end on the upper panhard link end.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:35 AM   #5
RCC Addict

(the servo horn isn't failing because of the panhard hitting it - it's failing because it's plastic.)
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Definitely recommend a metal servo horn either way.

You may be able to shorten your steering link and recenter everything to keep it from pulling so far right.
X2
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #7

Ok so I upgraded the servo horn to aluminium and that solved my problem of it failing on the trail. However, I am not getting full range of motion when turning to the left (Drivers Side). When I turn the wheels I can see the panhard bar mount and shock tower flex. I believe this is what is preventing the servo horn from traveling the full distance. Would anyone recommend adding aluminium shock towers or is the servo/battery relocation kit the ultimate solution?
Old 10-11-2019, 09:12 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

If things are flexing when turning hard in one direction, you are either at the limits of steering or encountering interference.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
If things are flexing when turning hard in one direction, you are either at the limits of steering or encountering interference.
I am definitely encountering interference I am trying to find out how to fix it.

Panhard Mount Interfering with Servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GCM Servo Mount and Panhard ?? thekdk604 Axial SCX-10 12 12-02-2013 03:10 PM
Motor interfering with servo Super Fabrication Electronics 22 07-15-2012 07:34 PM