Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Can I put a long motor/gearhead on a SCX10 II chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #1

Default Can I put a long motor/gearhead on a SCX10 II chassis

I have a project at work that might be able to use a RC crawler as part of the testing process. The issue is I need to go at a really slow, smooth, constant rate, like 0.1 mph. I'm new to the RC world and everyone on the newbie forum have been hugely helpful. That whole thread ( Can I use a crawler for testing inertial reference units? ) suggests to me that I might be able to do what I'm thinking if I can find a good quality crawler with a design that allows me to mount my own/motor gearhead in place of the stock motor. My motor/gearhead combination can be anywhere from 3 to 4 inches long but the same diameter (or a little smaller) as the stock motor. I've been looking at the Axial SCX10 II and from what I can tell from the pictures, I might be able to do this if I pull the plastic fake engine parts out. Can anyone confirm this?
GeneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2020, 10:00 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Can I put a long motor/gearhead on a SCX10 II chassis

The SCX10 II(version 2) doesn't have any fake plastic engine parts. Are you thinking of the newest Axial, which is the SCX10 III(version 3)?
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:41 PM   #3

Now that you point it out, I was actually looking at a picture of the SCX10 III. This picture in the third row and third column from the AXI03007 SCX10 III Jeep JLU Wrangler w/Portals 1/10th KIT web page.

However, I think I could use the I, II or III if I can mount a longer motor/gearhead without compromising the chassis strength. I do have access to a full machine shop with 3D printers so if I have to replace a part with a modified version that would be OK. Throwing away plastic replica parts is also OK.

Just in case the picture doesn't load in this message, here's the link Axial Racing - SCX10 III Jeep JLU Wrangler w/Portals 1/10th KIT
GeneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:42 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Get a PullerPro 3500 .
You will creep as slow as you want

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote

Can I put a long motor/gearhead on a SCX10 II chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Put on hold for far too long busa1320 Axial SCX-10 10 01-05-2015 11:07 AM
Any one ever put a dewalt motor in there scx10??? rccrawlerguy Axial SCX-10 4 12-27-2014 08:10 AM
what motor should i put on my scx10 if its heavy but on a budget. tx crawler Axial SCX-10 15 10-09-2013 11:25 PM