Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: AR44 axle ?'s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2020, 05:32 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default AR44 axle ?'s

I there a performance difference in the one piece vs the multi piece axle kit?

I like the looks of the one piece better and I feel like it has less failure points.

The mutli piece would be nice since if there is a breakage, you can replace that component vs the entire axle housing...

Any input would be appreciated.

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2020, 05:45 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: AR44 axle ?'s

Never had any issues with the 1 piece myself, they worked just fine.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:00 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I have both and while i have watched some videos explaining why the multi piece is better... i am not sure personally i can pinpoint the difference (i have two rigs which have different set ups so it's hard to know what's affecting what).

But if i were to choose, i'd go for multipiece as you have the option of upgrading components.
food2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I’ve been searching the tube and google. Can you the video you mentioned? I really think I’m going with the solid axle housing, but I just want to get all the info I can to make the best decision for my project. Thanks!

Lou
Old 06-03-2020, 11:33 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I'd say there is no discernible performance difference between the 2 types of housings.

The multi-piece housings have the very significant advantage of being able to run aluminum c-hubs as I have seen more than a few broken c-hubs on the 1 piece housings. Other than that, the other differences are insignificant or cosmetic.

My preferred setup would be the multi-piece front with aluminum c-hubs for durability and the 1-piece rear axle for the cleaner, more scale look.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
I’ve been searching the tube and google. Can you the video you mentioned? I really think I’m going with the solid axle housing, but I just want to get all the info I can to make the best decision for my project. Thanks!

Lou

It was some guy flexing the solid axle housing and then showing the multi-tube didn't flex as much.

*shrug*

When i bought my SSD knuckles, chubs etc... i ended up replacing my solid housing with the pro44 from ssd to add all the extra weight...

So i think it's more of a "clean look" vs versatile choice rather than performance?
food2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:07 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Right on. I'm more after the clean look. I do plan to add brass knuckles and if I need more weight, I'll look at beef patties. On the 10.2 I built for the Mrs., we got some steel beadlocks off fleabay and they are pretty hefty but went together really well. Here truck is super planted and I think that's major contributor. We'll see. Thanks for the input.

Lou

AR44 axle ?'s - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 axle accessories on AR44 Munchagepeople Axial SCX10 II 2 11-22-2019 07:05 AM
Ar44 axle maintenance Ncrooks89 Axial SCX10 II 8 08-19-2019 11:06 AM