Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: SLN’s Axial Experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2021, 07:32 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: SLN’s Axial Experience

I really like the way it sits, don’t plan on doing much more than getting the motor/ESC in and running it. Yes, the tires have been ran on multiple occasions on the TRX4. I still haven’t taken this truck out of my dirt hill in the back yard.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2021, 07:35 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Default SLN’s Axial Experience

An owl eye may have seen I cleaned up the windshield. 4oz of rubbing alcohol and scraping with a flathead screwdriver later, I got it pretty clean-clean enough for a driver if I ever do that. I think a driver and half depth interior would set this body off. It definitely scratched it up, but hey, adds more character.

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 01-30-2021 at 07:47 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:47 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Default SLN’s Axial Experience

Don’t know why it’s registered, but it is what it is lol.

Old 01-30-2021, 07:51 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Looks rugged. You should grab one of the Injora truggy cages. I paid like $25 for mine on Amazon. Pretty good value.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:54 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, I’ve been looking at cages. Still undecided, I kinda like the bare frame rail look.

Old 02-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Met up with a guy to sell a few things, and he said he wants me to build him a weathered Bronco body lol. He just ordered the TRX4 Bronco body and he's gonna send it off to me to, and I quote, "do my magic" It'll be fun to do another one of these ol fords
Old 02-03-2021, 12:13 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Started on a “garage” lol. Plan to add more onto this shelf, but this is where I’m at right now. going to paint this cardboard to look more like a garage, but will eventually “upgrade” to 1/8” interior plywood. This Axial box will work for now.

Yes, that is a clothing rack. I have such little space in my room, I resorted to an empty shelf in my closet instead of sacrificing work space on the desk.

The Ender 3 will be getting a lot of hours on it now

Old 02-03-2021, 05:23 AM   #88
RCC Addict

Looks good, I’d ditch the cardboard, the closet walls look better/more realistic and would make the space look bigger. Also think about the floor - make the shelf wider maybe.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:31 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Meh, found out quickly the whole garage thing isn’t for me lol. Maybe another day, but not for me now.

Old 02-06-2021, 08:21 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Is that a wired up motor/ESC?

Yes! Finally decided to give soldering another go around, and I did it lol. Not pretty, but it works. Now it’s time to install and go out before the sun goes down!

Old 02-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Well, I was able to take it out Saturday with the HH/HW1080 combo, and wow what a difference it makes! Went to one of my favorite places and burned through half a 2S pack at Kawaihae Harbor. It preformed really good. I really like the top end trailing speed it has and the low speed control and torque, pretty much the perfect combo for me.

I did walk out of there 3 wheel drive though Probably a stupid question, but can I do an "axle pin delete(TRX4 for example)" and use a screw pin? through the hex instead of a tiny grub screw/axle pin? I'm not sure what happened, but the axle pin was missing and the hex pulled right off without taking the grub screw out. haven't had time to try it so feedback would be helpful.

Overall, very happy with the performance of the rig, just hope I can use one screw pin. Pictures to come later, need to take them off my camera SD card still
Old 02-09-2021, 01:20 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Well, I was able to take it out Saturday with the HH/HW1080 combo, and wow what a difference it makes! Went to one of my favorite places and burned through half a 2S pack at Kawaihae Harbor. It preformed really good. I really like the top end trailing speed it has and the low speed control and torque, pretty much the perfect combo for me.

I did walk out of there 3 wheel drive though Probably a stupid question, but can I do an "axle pin delete(TRX4 for example)" and use a screw pin? through the hex instead of a tiny grub screw/axle pin? I'm not sure what happened, but the axle pin was missing and the hex pulled right off without taking the grub screw out.

Overall, very happy with the performance of the rig, just hope I can use one screw pin

Loc-tite the threads. I lose them on my 3s/stupid long hex rig but not on the 2s truck with smaller extensions. I also carry a 7mm and 8mm nut driver in my pocket and check them every so often. I've found that hitting reverse while at full throttle forward will spin them off faster
Old 02-09-2021, 01:25 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Loc-tite the threads. I lose them on my 3s/stupid long hex rig but not on the 2s truck with smaller extensions. I also carry a 7mm and 8mm nut driver in my pocket and check them every so often. I've found that hitting reverse while at full throttle forward will spin them off faster
I did find three wheel nuts came pretty loose causing the wheels to wobble. Maybe the set screw I stole off my printer that I put in wasn't long enough to hold the hex?
Old 02-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Meh, found out quickly the whole garage thing isn’t for me lol. Maybe another day, but not for me now.

Revisit it at some point. I've found having something besides my truck that is RC related keeps me from messing with things on the truck that don't need messed with.

Fun fact: my SCX10ii had 3 bodies and was painted 5 different colors, my TrailWalker has been painted 3 times and went through 4 major cutting phases before I ended up with a truggy, and my SCX10ii has had 2 'themes' and 3 different colors of coilovers.

Enter scale garage...

I have not painted or changed anything on either truck except installed Pro44s on the Trailwalker and took the extended hex adapters off the 10ii since I started the garage. I have been keeping a list of 'garage chores' to stay focused lol.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Revisit it at some point. I've found having something besides my truck that is RC related keeps me from messing with things on the truck that don't need messed with.

Fun fact: my SCX10ii had 3 bodies and was painted 5 different colors, my TrailWalker has been painted 3 times and went through 4 major cutting phases before I ended up with a truggy, and my SCX10ii has had 2 'themes' and 3 different colors of coilovers.

Enter scale garage...

I have not painted or changed anything on either truck except installed Pro44s on the Trailwalker and took the extended hex adapters off the 10ii since I started the garage. I have been keeping a list of 'garage chores' to stay focused lol.
I'm sure I will at one point, just not right now. I felt all the time I would put into it just to take a few pictures here and there wasn't worth it. Not really into the whole scale backdrop thing-I'd rather have a scaled out truck on the trail(which by the way will be coming soon) than in a garage lol.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:11 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Can’t help you with the set screw vs through pin issue. I will just repeat what I told Phil, I had lots of wheel nut loosening issues until I realized the hex set screws weren’t tight.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:14 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Can’t help you with the set screw vs through pin issue. I will just repeat what I told Phil, I had lots of wheel nut loosening issues until I realized the hex set screws weren’t tight.
are you talking about the grub screw on the hex itself? I think that's what It boils down to, I stole that screw off the printer just to see if it worked and forgot to put the right one in. The other 3 hexes I didn't have a problem with, so I think that's the problemo.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:34 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Mine are coming loose on Enduro axles, they don't have a grub screw...and the 10ii hexes won't fit them
Old 02-10-2021, 10:00 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Does anybody know if these would work on this rig? They are for the Capra/10iii, but It seems like they would work.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-1...32018/p1049135

Old 02-11-2021, 05:14 AM   #100
RCC Addict

Don’t see why they wouldn’t. Odd that the RBK didn’t come with the set screws in the hex, both my 10 and 10ii had them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SLN’s Axial Experience - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your experience with Axial Rockster Beadlocks? DrDiff952 Axial Wraith 15 01-14-2014 03:30 PM
anyone had any experience with these? slash 127 General Scale Talk 5 02-22-2013 04:52 PM
Does anyone have any experience with.... kaetwo General Scale Talk 4 07-16-2008 11:05 AM
Anyone else experience this? ecoli Electronics 7 04-16-2008 04:59 PM
my 1:18 experience dhoffroad General Crawlers 15 01-26-2006 10:53 PM