Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II
Loading

Notices

Thread: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2022, 08:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern,WV
Posts: 1,128
Default TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Well here it goes again... I had some parts, I ordered some parts, and some parts are still on the way. So I had A motor and some wheels just sitting around. And you know as well as I do if you have a set of wheels and a motor. You just have to build a truck....LOL Here's what I have so far. The kit (Axiail RBK) the motor (HH 27T TorqueMaster Expert) ESC (HW 1080) the servo (FeeTech? lol), wheels (axial 1.9" 8 holes), and body (Carisma 313mm Ford F-150) This body seems pretty cool. It has a hard chrome grill, bumpers, mirrors, and windshield wipers. Plus some other Black hard plastic parts like tail light buckets, and grill inserts. I'm still waiting on the tires (RC4WD Milestar Patagonia M/T 1.9") So that's it. I'll start in a bit and I'll do some updates as I go. That's if I can remember too. And now on to the Pics!
Name:  IMG_20220112_205822.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  74.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20220112_205905.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  84.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20220112_213855.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20220112_213831.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  60.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20220112_213746.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20220112_214209.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  85.0 KB

This is what the body looks like. Mine will be Red and Silver two-tone.

Name:  83168_3.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  43.2 KB

These are the tires.

Name:  Z-T0178-3.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  134.1 KB
T I N Y is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2022, 09:02 PM   #2
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: North to Alaska - go north, the rush is on....
Posts: 808
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

This should be a great build.

Th also make a 324mm W.B. 2PC Body like this, I do not have one... yet

My Gen8 AXE has this body setting on it. I bought it from mgputer on this site a couple years ago.

Can't wait to see your progress
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:39 AM   #3
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern,WV
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

I built the axles, shocks, and transmission. Sorry I didn't get detailed pics of the axles and transmission before starting on them. You know how it is. You want to build and everything else goes out the window...lol
Name:  IMG_20220113_132604[1].jpg
Views: 326
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20220113_134938[1].jpg
Views: 323
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20220113_135727[1].jpg
Views: 316
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20220113_141855[1].jpg
Views: 316
Size:  92.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20220113_232450[1].jpg
Views: 317
Size:  74.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20220114_020829[1].jpg
Views: 318
Size:  116.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20220114_031229[1].jpg
Views: 316
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20220114_185339[1].jpg
Views: 317
Size:  68.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20220114_185345[1].jpg
Views: 317
Size:  91.6 KB
T I N Y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:56 PM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern,WV
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Here it is mostly complete. I'm just waiting on the tires. Which FedEx has lost apparently...lol The motor Esc and servo are put in. I have a Honcho body I'll run for now until Spring. Then I'll paint up the Ford F- series body
Name:  IMG_20220116_165626[1].jpg
Views: 283
Size:  109.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20220116_165705[1].jpg
Views: 288
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20220116_165645[1].jpg
Views: 282
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20220116_165740[1].jpg
Views: 282
Size:  108.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20220116_165802[1].jpg
Views: 288
Size:  103.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20220117_164713[1].jpg
Views: 285
Size:  112.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20220117_164735[1].jpg
Views: 283
Size:  110.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20220117_164754[1].jpg
Views: 282
Size:  114.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20220117_164817[1].jpg
Views: 280
Size:  110.7 KB







.
T I N Y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:04 PM   #5
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: North to Alaska - go north, the rush is on....
Posts: 808
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Looks great man, can't wait to see it with the Ford body on it.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern,WV
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
Looks great man, can't wait to see it with the Ford body on it.
Thanks, Man. This is like the 6 or 7th one I've built. I'll build one and then about 2-3 months down the road sell it and start over...lol
T I N Y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:31 PM   #7
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern,WV
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

I got the tires in today. I got some RC4WD Milestar Patagonia. These things look tough. But I think I should have gone with them in the 4.7" size maybe. We'll see when the body goes on. So I threw them together with some Old School greyish-silver Axial 8 hole Beadlock wheels I've had laying around for years. And the center caps. I painted the front center caps so they look like the locking hubs. I think the look of the tires and wheels will be perfect for the look I'm going for. I'm modeling this truck after one I had right out of high school. It was a Red and Grey two-tone. With some beefy tires and 8 hole wheels that I painted the same color grey as the truck. I even had Red diff covers on the truck just like what comes with the RBK axles...lol I needed to order a different servo arm because the one on there hits when turning left. So I ordered up a new one and some spares for the parts bin... Let me know what you guys think of the build so far...

Name:  IMG_20220119_233737[1].jpg
Views: 272
Size:  132.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20220119_233612[1].jpg
Views: 267
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20220119_233549[1].jpg
Views: 268
Size:  120.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20220119_233923[1].jpg
Views: 272
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20220120_010043[1].jpg
Views: 268
Size:  123.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20220120_010057[1].jpg
Views: 262
Size:  109.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20220120_010106[1].jpg
Views: 267
Size:  109.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20220120_010732[1].jpg
Views: 267
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20220120_010757[1].jpg
Views: 269
Size:  100.7 KB
T I N Y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:19 PM   #8
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: North to Alaska - go north, the rush is on....
Posts: 808
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Looks great so far, it’s going to be sick!!!!
I almost think the beadlock rings might look good if the matched the wheel color, or, just sanded down to the metal and clear coated.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:50 AM   #9
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern,WV
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
Looks great so far, it’s going to be sick!!!!
I almost think the beadlock rings might look good if the matched the wheel color, or, just sanded down to the metal and clear coated.
That's something to think about. If I did something like that. I'll just use heavy-duty easy-off oven cleaner. It removes the anodizing from the rings very nicely. And just hit them with a scotch bright pad to give them a brushed aluminum look. But I don't think I would clear coat them I'd like them to match the wheels more. You know that semigloss grey look. But it's definitely something to think about. Thank you for the input for sure. I don't know if you're into them or not but I'm also redoing an Axial Ryft. I got it in trade a while back and did some repainting and upgrades to it. Check it out if you'd like to. Here's the link for it. I'm getting ready to put a scale LS7 Engine in it... Brushed Ryft?
T I N Y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:17 AM   #10
Slow is the new fast
 
smog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 2,434
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Looking good. Kinda like the look of those tires, never run that one before. The Honcho is such a classic yet I have never had one. It looks really good in that blue.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:03 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toxaway
Posts: 237
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

I had the same problem with both my scx 10.2 and the servo horn limiting travel. the horns that I had look very similar to yours. I just took a small file and shaved them down a hair to clear. Top was bump part was hitting the frame rail and the bottom was hitting the panhard mount. I tried several other horns but all were going to take some modification so I took the cheapest ones I had and filed them down. Great looking rig man...keep up the good work. I should be starting my brushed ryft build shortly I think I have everything now except some bead lock wheels. Problem is I have my eye on building a scx10.2 with the Axial 67 chevy body................



Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
I got the tires in today. I got some RC4WD Milestar Patagonia. These things look tough. But I think I should have gone with them in the 4.7" size maybe. We'll see when the body goes on. So I threw them together with some Old School greyish-silver Axial 8 hole Beadlock wheels I've had laying around for years. And the center caps. I painted the front center caps so they look like the locking hubs. I think the look of the tires and wheels will be perfect for the look I'm going for. I'm modeling this truck after one I had right out of high school. It was a Red and Grey two-tone. With some beefy tires and 8 hole wheels that I painted the same color grey as the truck. I even had Red diff covers on the truck just like what comes with the RBK axles...lol I needed to order a different servo arm because the one on there hits when turning left. So I ordered up a new one and some spares for the parts bin... Let me know what you guys think of the build so far...

Attachment 398612

Attachment 398613

Attachment 398614

Attachment 398615

Attachment 398616

Attachment 398617

Attachment 398618

Attachment 398619

Attachment 398620
SCX10 JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:16 AM   #12
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern,WV
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCX10 JK View Post
I had the same problem with both my scx 10.2 and the servo horn limiting travel. the horns that I had look very similar to yours. I just took a small file and shaved them down a hair to clear. Top was bump part was hitting the frame rail and the bottom was hitting the panhard mount. I tried several other horns but all were going to take some modification so I took the cheapest ones I had and filed them down. Great looking rig man...keep up the good work. I should be starting my brushed ryft build shortly I think I have everything now except some bead lock wheels. Problem is I have my eye on building a scx10.2 with the Axial 67 chevy body................
That's a cool body. I'm going with this Ford because I had one just like it right out of high school. And it comes with hard plastic chrome-plated bumpers grill mirrors and wipers. I don't know if you read it or not but I'm "trying" to replicate the truck I had. Red and grey two-tone. But I'll have to wait until spring to paint it.. Which sucks. I wanna see this thing finished. OH I also put an LS7 engine in my Ryft Check it out and tell me what you think...
T I N Y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:31 AM   #13
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: US
Posts: 615
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Love the honcos. That's a good blue on the body. Looks like a good project. I think my honco is lonely. I haven't got it out in some time. Been busy working and life. Sucks to be a adult sometimes.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:31 AM   #14
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern,WV
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: TINY's Building Another SCX10 II...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Love the honcos. That's a good blue on the body. Looks like a good project. I think my honco is lonely. I haven't got it out in some time. Been busy working and life. Sucks to be a adult sometimes.
Thanks. I like that blue a lot I've used it a lot too over the years. I was almost going to paint the ford body blue and white bu then decided to try and make a scale version of what I had in full scale. Adult??? What's that? I'm the biggest 45-year-old kid you'll ever meet...lol

Last edited by T I N Y; 03-18-2022 at 11:18 PM.
T I N Y is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



TINY's Building Another SCX10 II... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TINY's Building a Bomber. T I N Y Axial RR10 Bomber 20 10-05-2021 05:20 AM
TINY's take on a G6 T I N Y Axial SCX-10 164 03-29-2015 09:12 PM
~TINY's Twin Hammers.~ T I N Y Vaterra Twin Hammers 14 11-01-2014 11:28 PM
TINY's building a Yota. T I N Y Axial SCX-10 57 06-07-2014 10:00 PM
Tiny's Wraith tinycrites Axial Wraith 43 07-07-2012 02:23 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com