RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX10 II (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx10-ii/)
-   -   Looking for recommendations on LCG rails (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx10-ii/628944-looking-recommendations-lcg-rails.html)

SaltyDog 04-11-2022 11:57 PM

Looking for recommendations on LCG rails

Hello everyone. I’m currently on the hunt for some LCG rails. But here’s the catch... I would like to be able to transfer all my Rock pirate RC upgrades over to them. Servo/winch plate, battery tray, and shock mounts. The bed too, but I feel as though that has less impact on the rail selection.

Does anyone happen to know of a set of rails that will lower the CG while still having all the mounting points of the stock SCX10II rails?

ScaleLifeNewbie 04-12-2022 12:04 AM

Re: Looking for recommendations on LCG rails

You could always just get the chassis you want and drill the holes. Seems easier to do that than find one with all the holes needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob5059 04-12-2022 03:54 AM

You may want to look at the Brazin Trail C1 chassis.

Ghonda99 04-12-2022 05:23 AM

Rob5059 is correct. The brazin trail c1 chassis is a direct swap for the 10.2 platform. Shock mounts and skid are the same as a 10.2. It is an excellent chassis with a big improvement over stock. I use the chassis with boom racing shock hoops and bracing along with a boom racing 10.2 servo mount. All parts fit like a stock 10.2.

mikemcE 04-12-2022 06:47 AM

Sherpa

Hang up and Drive

SaltyDog 04-12-2022 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghonda99 (Post 6113599)
Rob5059 is correct. The brazin trail c1 chassis is a direct swap for the 10.2 platform. Shock mounts and skid are the same as a 10.2. It is an excellent chassis with a big improvement over stock. I use the chassis with boom racing shock hoops and bracing along with a boom racing 10.2 servo mount. All parts fit like a stock 10.2.

The Brazin Trail C1 seems to be just what I’m looking for. Too bad they currently only have them in G10 material.

Do you think the C1 Pro rails would work in the same way?

SaltyDog 04-12-2022 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob5059 (Post 6113596)
You may want to look at the Brazin Trail C1 chassis.

This looks like what I need. The tricky part is finding LOW CG rails that don’t already have shock mounts and also support the Rock Pirates Servo/Winch tray. Do you think the C1 Pro rails would serve the same purpose? It’s hard to tell from the photos if the front end would allow for the flat servo plate.

Speedy-Triple 04-12-2022 10:03 AM

usually the LCG rails come with multiple shock mounts locations already integrated so you can use your RP Shock hoops for another project.

SaltyDog 04-12-2022 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple (Post 6113610)
usually the LCG rails come with multiple shock mounts locations already integrated so you can use your RP Shock hoops for another project.

That’s what I’m thinking now. The main concern is using the RP servo/winch tray since it’s a flat piece of metal with set dimensions for mounting and a lot of these LCG rails have curved fronts.

indybama 04-12-2022 06:15 PM

Have u looked at the scattergun? I think its pretty close to the scx10 ii chassis

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

SaltyDog 04-12-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indybama (Post 6113643)
Have u looked at the scattergun? I think its pretty close to the scx10 ii chassis

Talking with Gabriel over at GSpeed and it looks like the TGH-V3 rails are actually a viable option for this. Now I just have to figure out what hardcore link options work for me. There’s 3 options under servo mount on the order form and I’m not totally sure which applies for my setup.

twade984 04-12-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDog (Post 6113647)
Talking with Gabriel over at GSpeed and it looks like the TGH-V3 rails are actually a viable option for this. Now I just have to figure out what hardcore link options work for me. There’s 3 options under servo mount on the order form and I’m not totally sure which applies for my setup.

I’m guessing v3 rails will play nice with the RP servo mount. The mount is made for stock scx10.2 rails, and the v3 rails fit the TGH DSM which also fit the stock 10.2 rails.

As far as links, either the TGH dsm or GLD option should work, to the best of my knowledge those are interchangeable.

4 link option would be for running the servo on the axle.

I can recommend the v3 chassis, the beauty of that style of chassis is getting more shock mounting options over stock, without having to pay for shock mounts separately. G speed has good customer service and ships pretty quick as well.

SaltyDog 04-12-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twade984 (Post 6113653)
I’m guessing v3 rails will play nice with the RP servo mount. The mount is made for stock scx10.2 rails, and the v3 rails fit the TGH DSM which also fit the stock 10.2 rails.

As far as links, either the TGH dsm or GLD option should work, to the best of my knowledge those are interchangeable.

4 link option would be for running the servo on the axle.

I can recommend the v3 chassis, the beauty of that style of chassis is getting more shock mounting options over stock, without having to pay for shock mounts separately. G speed has good customer service and ships pretty quick as well.

I agree, they really do look awesome. I was on the fence about material but ended up getting the carbon fiber rails. Grabbed a fat bag of spacers too since I’ll need to extend the chassis spacers by 11mm to work with all the extra stuff I have (servo/winch tray, front and rear bumpers). But maybe those things alone will work as chassis spacers... I can always use the Rock Pirates X-Mount too.

Is the difference between the GLD and TGH set of hardcore links just the servo link length? I assumed the TGH would be closest to what the Rock Pirates mount is.

I was surprised when I messaged them and within 30min received a full list of all the parts I would need for the build. I mean, it was probably pretty copy and paste, but still super cool to get a full response like that so rapidly.

twade984 04-12-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDog (Post 6113658)
Is the difference between the GLD and TGH set of hardcore links just the servo link length? I assumed the TGH would be closest to what the Rock Pirates mount is.

Good call, that’s probably exactly what it is. I’ve only used the gld, which does put the servo horn further inboard compared to the dsm. I’ve also not used the hardcore links, but it’s probably one of the best choices for custom links. I usually spend more money and time trying to mix and match links from different rigs.