Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Looking for recommendations on LCG rails

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2022, 11:57 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Looking for recommendations on LCG rails

Hello everyone. I’m currently on the hunt for some LCG rails. But here’s the catch... I would like to be able to transfer all my Rock pirate RC upgrades over to them. Servo/winch plate, battery tray, and shock mounts. The bed too, but I feel as though that has less impact on the rail selection.

Does anyone happen to know of a set of rails that will lower the CG while still having all the mounting points of the stock SCX10II rails?
SaltyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2022, 12:04 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Looking for recommendations on LCG rails

You could always just get the chassis you want and drill the holes. Seems easier to do that than find one with all the holes needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:54 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You may want to look at the Brazin Trail C1 chassis.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 05:23 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Rob5059 is correct. The brazin trail c1 chassis is a direct swap for the 10.2 platform. Shock mounts and skid are the same as a 10.2. It is an excellent chassis with a big improvement over stock. I use the chassis with boom racing shock hoops and bracing along with a boom racing 10.2 servo mount. All parts fit like a stock 10.2.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:47 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Sherpa

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 08:10 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghonda99 View Post
Rob5059 is correct. The brazin trail c1 chassis is a direct swap for the 10.2 platform. Shock mounts and skid are the same as a 10.2. It is an excellent chassis with a big improvement over stock. I use the chassis with boom racing shock hoops and bracing along with a boom racing 10.2 servo mount. All parts fit like a stock 10.2.
The Brazin Trail C1 seems to be just what I’m looking for. Too bad they currently only have them in G10 material.

Do you think the C1 Pro rails would work in the same way?

Last edited by SaltyDog; 04-12-2022 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:29 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob5059 View Post
You may want to look at the Brazin Trail C1 chassis.
This looks like what I need. The tricky part is finding LOW CG rails that don’t already have shock mounts and also support the Rock Pirates Servo/Winch tray. Do you think the C1 Pro rails would serve the same purpose? It’s hard to tell from the photos if the front end would allow for the flat servo plate.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:03 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

usually the LCG rails come with multiple shock mounts locations already integrated so you can use your RP Shock hoops for another project.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:44 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
usually the LCG rails come with multiple shock mounts locations already integrated so you can use your RP Shock hoops for another project.
That’s what I’m thinking now. The main concern is using the RP servo/winch tray since it’s a flat piece of metal with set dimensions for mounting and a lot of these LCG rails have curved fronts.

Last edited by SaltyDog; 04-12-2022 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:15 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Have u looked at the scattergun? I think its pretty close to the scx10 ii chassis

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:55 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Have u looked at the scattergun? I think its pretty close to the scx10 ii chassis
Talking with Gabriel over at GSpeed and it looks like the TGH-V3 rails are actually a viable option for this. Now I just have to figure out what hardcore link options work for me. There’s 3 options under servo mount on the order form and I’m not totally sure which applies for my setup.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:34 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
Talking with Gabriel over at GSpeed and it looks like the TGH-V3 rails are actually a viable option for this. Now I just have to figure out what hardcore link options work for me. There’s 3 options under servo mount on the order form and I’m not totally sure which applies for my setup.

I’m guessing v3 rails will play nice with the RP servo mount. The mount is made for stock scx10.2 rails, and the v3 rails fit the TGH DSM which also fit the stock 10.2 rails.

As far as links, either the TGH dsm or GLD option should work, to the best of my knowledge those are interchangeable.

4 link option would be for running the servo on the axle.

I can recommend the v3 chassis, the beauty of that style of chassis is getting more shock mounting options over stock, without having to pay for shock mounts separately. G speed has good customer service and ships pretty quick as well.

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:07 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I’m guessing v3 rails will play nice with the RP servo mount. The mount is made for stock scx10.2 rails, and the v3 rails fit the TGH DSM which also fit the stock 10.2 rails.

As far as links, either the TGH dsm or GLD option should work, to the best of my knowledge those are interchangeable.

4 link option would be for running the servo on the axle.

I can recommend the v3 chassis, the beauty of that style of chassis is getting more shock mounting options over stock, without having to pay for shock mounts separately. G speed has good customer service and ships pretty quick as well.
I agree, they really do look awesome. I was on the fence about material but ended up getting the carbon fiber rails. Grabbed a fat bag of spacers too since I’ll need to extend the chassis spacers by 11mm to work with all the extra stuff I have (servo/winch tray, front and rear bumpers). But maybe those things alone will work as chassis spacers... I can always use the Rock Pirates X-Mount too.

Is the difference between the GLD and TGH set of hardcore links just the servo link length? I assumed the TGH would be closest to what the Rock Pirates mount is.

I was surprised when I messaged them and within 30min received a full list of all the parts I would need for the build. I mean, it was probably pretty copy and paste, but still super cool to get a full response like that so rapidly.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:46 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
Is the difference between the GLD and TGH set of hardcore links just the servo link length? I assumed the TGH would be closest to what the Rock Pirates mount is.
Good call, that’s probably exactly what it is. I’ve only used the gld, which does put the servo horn further inboard compared to the dsm. I’ve also not used the hardcore links, but it’s probably one of the best choices for custom links. I usually spend more money and time trying to mix and match links from different rigs.

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
belly dragger, chassis, lcg, rails, scx10ii

Looking for recommendations on LCG rails - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCG?’s P-Cubed Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 4 03-28-2022 08:55 AM
LCG?’s P-Cubed Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 14 03-23-2022 11:42 PM
Yeah racing lcg flat rails Scaleginger 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 09-16-2021 02:12 PM
LCG Chassis? cul8tr Axial SCX10 II 8 10-27-2020 08:10 AM