Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: SCX10 III coming soon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2020, 07:12 PM   #181
Rock Stacker

Default Re: SCX10 III coming soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I thought the same, but Matt said he got the first one. I'm assuming Josh didn't get his hands on one yet or we'd have a video by now. Just a guess though.
I think they let Matt have this one. With the release review, and built reviews coming.

Harley video incoming.. maybe he’s going to show his 10.3?

Last edited by NABeast; 03-20-2020 at 07:28 PM.
NABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2020, 07:27 PM   #182

Harley is going live in less than 3 minutes, but it says RC Relaxing.

https://youtu.be/IuVXR9xgGYM
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:51 PM   #183
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Harley is going live in less than 3 minutes, but it says RC Relaxing.

https://youtu.be/IuVXR9xgGYM
Um? Well that was a fail.
NABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #184
Go Buckeyes!

Bummed! Was looking forward to Friday Night Live!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:57 PM   #185

I thought he was going to try to come back again, but he mentioned before 7 and that's minutes away.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:19 PM   #186
Quarry Creeper

Hey Rich,
Will the top be able go be removed so that awesome interior can be showed off?
mulchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #187
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulchman View Post
Hey Rich,
Will the top be able go be removed so that awesome interior can be showed off?
As long as you have lexan scissors, that shouldn't be a problem.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:22 PM   #188
I wanna be Dave

Look what I got my hands on:

First impressions are very positive, it definitely brings the quality feel of the Capra over to the SCX10 line. Most of the plastic flex we have come to expect from Axial is gone. The shock towers and bumper mounts are leaps and bounds better than the last generation. The dig has a lever mechanism for activation that seems to work smoother than the same parts on the Capra, at least as far as I could tell testing it by hand.

It says the tires are R35 compound but they feel way better than any other R35 compound tire I have owned. They feel like legitimately good tires, even if they are too damn big for the body. Speaking of the body, it is awesome regardless of your Jeep hate.

I have a few gripes though they are minor. First, the rear tires sit too far behind the center of the wheel wells. This gets even more exaggerated when you don’t have the ride height cranked to max lift. Also, getting the body on takes some effort to get it over the inner fenders, lined up with the sliders, and onto the mounts. Don’t expect it to just drop into place.

We will see what else there is to uncover as I get some more time with it.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:11 PM   #189

You got your LHS model?

It looks to be an awesome truck. The more I see the Jeep body and the details, the more I really like it. Good to hear about the quality as well.

Do the tires look too big on the body in person? They look fine to me. The non centered wheel will drive me nuts. It drives me nuts on the rear of the VS4–10 Ultra.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:34 PM   #190
Gold Star Baby!

That rear wheel alignment is going to bug me too, I just watched another video of it on Facebook and once SVT pointed it out I couldn’t unsee it. I’ll have class 1 tires on mine so hopefully it will be less noticeable then.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:41 PM   #191

The wheel looks close enough to center to me. If not it looks like shorter rod ends would solve it.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:51 PM   #192
Gold Star Baby!

This is when it was real noticeable to me, dropped some crude finger drawn lines on there for emphasis. Shorter rod ends should help some, but I’ll try with smaller tires first as a don’t really like a WB shorter than 12.3.
Attached Images

Last edited by Topher Builds; 03-20-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:43 AM   #193
Go Buckeyes!

I noticed the rear wheel/body alignment in Matt’s video, but thought maybe it was my imagination.

My OCD will make me fix it on my future SCX10V3 build!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:21 AM   #194
RCC Addict

Axial is killing my wallet with their latest releases. First the Capra, now the 10.3.
They include a nice fake Motor and other nice molded body parts , sadly they didn't make the Hood functional out of the Box, like the Proline.
Also the 2-Speed + Dig trans take my interest.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:01 AM   #195
Pebble Pounder

I think axial nailed this one. The updated plastics, is a huge leap in the right direction. Throw in all the transmission options and forward motor, inner fenders, updated shocks( similar to Capra). I really hope to get to build one of these in the near future.
coffeeaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:08 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
This is when it was real noticeable to me, dropped some crude finger drawn lines on there for emphasis. Shorter rod ends should help some, but I’ll try with smaller tires first as a don’t really like a WB shorter than 12.3.
Wow it looks much worse in this photo than in any video I’ve seen. Obviously there will be variances between all of these kits so this misalignment will be better on some trucks and worse in others. Hopefully the one in your photo is an outlier because that looks terrible. Regardless, it's easily fixed.

What's interesting is that on the 1:1 JL, it seems the rear wheel is offset towards the front of the wheel well.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 03-21-2020 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:15 AM   #197
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
hmm I wonder if they sell any flesh... you know what, nevermind.
interesting. What's on your mind.
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #198
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You got your LHS model?

It looks to be an awesome truck. The more I see the Jeep body and the details, the more I really like it. Good to hear about the quality as well.

Do the tires look too big on the body in person? They look fine to me. The non centered wheel will drive me nuts. It drives me nuts on the rear of the VS4–10 Ultra.
Yeah, it is the shop’s display model but they don’t need it while the store isn’t open.

I think the tires look comically large, especially with the body being so well proportioned. My buddy has a JLU on 37s so we had a point of reference for comparing a relatively aggressive setup to the Axial. They did a good job subtly modifying the fender openings to accommodate the height so that isn’t too bad but the width of the tires is too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
That rear wheel alignment is going to bug me too, I just watched another video of it on Facebook and once SVT pointed it out I couldn’t unsee it. I’ll have class 1 tires on mine so hopefully it will be less noticeable then.
The small tires actually make it more noticeable because the gap between the front of the fender and the tire increases. Also if you aren’t comping in C1, 4.5 inch tires are the sweet spot. OG Rock Beasts are spot on but the new RC4WD KM2s and the Proline Trxus should be good too.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:46 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Yeah, it is the shop’s display model but they don’t need it while the store isn’t open.

I think the tires look comically large, especially with the body being so well proportioned. My buddy has a JLU on 37s so we had a point of reference for comparing a relatively aggressive setup to the Axial. They did a good job subtly modifying the fender openings to accommodate the height so that isn’t too bad but the width of the tires is too much.

The small tires actually make it more noticeable because the gap between the front of the fender and the tire increases. Also if you aren’t comping in C1, 4.5 inch tires are the sweet spot. OG Rock Beasts are spot on but the new RC4WD KM2s and the Proline Trxus should be good too.

touché! You mean your LHS isn't claiming "hardware store" to stay open like some I've heard about? I admittedly don't know much about the California lockdown, but somehow JConcepts managed to stay open.

Good to hear since I have a new set of mounted TrXuS tires looking for a home.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #200
I wanna be Dave

I have to say that I was little more that cautiously optimistic when I heard about the impending release of this rig. Would it be a carry over that had been in the works prior to Horizon's acquisition of Axial, or like the Capra, a fully Horizon influenced NEW product. All signs point to it being a Horizon influenced, brand spankin new design following the same cues as the Capra. Quality plastics, nice links with nice rod-ends, 2 speed trans, dig, all sorts of scale goodness. This one is definitely on my must have list now, although I'll probably pivot to an alternate body. Nothing against Jeeps, but geesh. They are EVERYWHERE! I will say they did an excellent job on the body though.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 III coming soon? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COMING SOON the NEW Yeah Racing SCX10 II Accessories RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 01-23-2019 03:25 PM
Coming soon the Reef's RC Products SCX10/SCX10 II Sliders! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 01-18-2019 11:29 AM
Coming Soon the NEW SSD SCX10 II CVD Axle Shafts! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 10-30-2018 04:36 PM
Post up! Any new upgrades coming for SCX10.2? TFitzPat87 Axial SCX10 II 23 01-13-2017 11:46 PM
SCX10 Noise coming from the axle UNDEAD_DC Axial SCX-10 7 03-01-2014 05:08 PM