Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: SCX10 III coming soon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2020, 10:54 AM   #381
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SCX10 III coming soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
Believe it or not...I love reading this stuff...all of it from the good to the bad...to the ridiculous theories (not this thread in particular) and speculation... Thanks guys for the feedbback (positive and negative) and the chuckles.

Rich
Rich, any plans on making the hidden body posts available as a group of various sizes/shapes, like the bag-o-posts that’s in the kit? It would be great to utilize the hidden mount system with aftermarket bodies.
turbodan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2020, 10:56 AM   #382
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
And there is the cover photo for Axial's 2021 calendar.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 03-31-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:00 AM   #383

Quote:
Believe it or not...I love reading this stuff...all of it from the good to the bad...to the ridiculous theories (not this thread in particular) and speculation.

I'll follow up on that 14T pinion. That's an old Axial number so maybe it got mixed up in the transition.

As for tires, this compound is softer than anything we have done in a kit so far, however this material compound base is heat sensitive. The is the best option we have to provide in kits. The rubber found in aftermarket tire companies is far more expensive and different..making it cost prohibitive...and even if we did include killer compounds 90% of users would still change them out or say they suck LOL.

Thanks guys for the feedbback (positive and negative) and the chuckles.

Rich
Speaking for myself, but I'm sure many others agree, we're pumped to have you here reading, listening and answering.

Despite the criticisms of this new truck, and from what I've seen most of it has been small complaints, I hope you are taking away that most of us love what you and your Horizon crew are doing with Axial since taking it over. I sincerely mean that.

It's no secret that I was not a big fan of the SCX10 II mainly due to the lack of quality. That meant this truck had more to prove to me on a personal level and you appear to have met my expectations. You are really stepping up the quality side of Axial and I believe this truck is what the II should have been. You have also added innovations to this truck such as the hidden body clips as a small example. I'm not completely finished with my build yet and I surely haven't had the chance to run it and test its performance and durability, but I already feel both will be at a high level. Well done.

BTW I will try the included tires out.

Quote:
I noticed when venting mine they felt much different than most other tires, Yes it was hot outside (90) but they were inside in the sun, and I will say I can’t wait to see how they do. Even the plugs seemed different
What plugs are you speaking of?

Quote:
I saw that when looking at the wheels, I didn’t run those though.
That looks sick!

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 03-31-2020 at 11:03 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:11 AM   #384
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Rich, I've noticed (I'm sure you have, as well) several people pointing out a 'problem' with the panhard (ie. too thin, flexing, possibly weak/brittle plastic of the rod ends, etc). Can you "clarify" this, and indicate what, if anything, Axial is doing to fix this?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

I'm watching this through our customer service (every call is documented in a data base that I can review)..right now we're sticking with the design as is. FB and forums tend to blow these out of proportion, if you guys knew the numbers of these reports to the number of vehicles out there, you might have a different opinion of the issue.

I'm not saying we wont address if it becomes a serious issue internally. I will be following up with the vendor to make sure they are being consistent with mold times and processes etc.

We did some serious drop testing on that front corner over and over and over, actually failing the pan hard bar link itself.

I'll be watching.

Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #385
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodan13 View Post
Rich, any plans on making the hidden body posts available as a group of various sizes/shapes, like the bag-o-posts that’s in the kit? It would be great to utilize the hidden mount system with aftermarket bodies.
No, super hard without having the 3d files from other companies etc. A lot of these other body makes don't have an actual 3D file as they hand make body bucks. With so many bodies out there, it would make it almost impossible to come up with these hidden body posts that would work.

Wish i could though.
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #386
I wanna be Dave

Jato..... the “plugs” are the core from the leather punch I use, most tires the plugs come out as cylinders, these looked like hourglass’s....

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:59 PM   #387

Quote:
Jato..... the “plugs” are the core from the leather punch I use, most tires the plugs come out as cylinders, these looked like hourglass’s....

Hang up and Drive
Ah OK thanks. I am just going to use the stock holes in the wheels instead of venting the tires. The foams seem soft enough and the truck is heavy enough that the tire should still deform for obstacles.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:14 PM   #388
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Ah OK thanks. I am just going to use the stock holes in the wheels instead of venting the tires. The foams seem soft enough and the truck is heavy enough that the tire should still deform for obstacles.

I swapped out the wheels already, but tires and foams seem pretty good.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:50 AM   #389
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
LOL. I'm thinking maybe I should have waited for the 10iii to come out, with those groovy and useful portal axles...

It seems like no matter what you buy, and when you buy it, something potentially cooler is only 1-4 months away.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:55 AM   #390
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
It seems like no matter what you buy, and when you buy it, something potentially cooler is only 1-4 months away.
As someone who's custom-built computers for people for 25+ years, I know that one all too well. Computers & RCs have one major thing in common: upgrading is a never-ending process.

Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #391
I wanna be Dave

"The rubber found in aftermarket tire companies is far more expensive and different..making it cost prohibitive...and even if we did include killer compounds 90% of users would still change them out or say they suck LOL."

100% agree! Trying to spec a kit with a tire that meets everyone's criteria is akin to saddling and riding a Unicorn. Won't happen and does not exist.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:25 PM   #392
Pebble Pounder

Oh boy, I've got tear the transmission apart. There is a super weird ticking noise coming out of it. Something is hitthing something or there is some crap between the gear teeth.

I already detached the driveshafts completely, tried to disengage dig and changed gears, yet still, tick tick tick as I slowly run the trans. Going fast you can't separate the sound any more, but going slow it's very noticeable.

Anyone else had any weird standout noises coming out of the trans?
Ambis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:17 PM   #393

Quote:
This brings up a good point...the wheels have a built in breather hole, if the wheel faces are not lined up with the hole, you can actually block the breather hole. I need to do a post about this.

Thanks for the unintentional reminder LOL
I purposely tried to block the air holes with the wheel faces and they move air no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis View Post
Oh boy, I've got tear the transmission apart. There is a super weird ticking noise coming out of it. Something is hitthing something or there is some crap between the gear teeth.

I already detached the driveshafts completely, tried to disengage dig and changed gears, yet still, tick tick tick as I slowly run the trans. Going fast you can't separate the sound any more, but going slow it's very noticeable.

These are noisy transmissions. Some videos I've seen have them clicking.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #394
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis View Post

I had nothing like that with my transmission. I did have that in front and rear axles though. I found that I had tightened the diff covers too tight. once I back the screws out a smidge the clicking went away.

When you tear down the tranny to inspect, and if everything is good, make sure when putting it back together you don't crank on them like a grey back gorilla as I did with my diff covers!
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:16 PM   #395
RCC Addict

Well I'm joining the 10.3 party. Sold my Trx4 and my heavily built 10.2
Still have my backup 10.2 which I will sell once I get the 10.3
I'll do a build thread once I get everything but man I'm excited!
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:39 AM   #396

took my scx3 out today after building it during the week and as above the truck doesnt seem to be as quiet going forward as it is in reverse and when you move the wheels by hand you can feel its a bit clicky/notchy feeling but in reverse it feels a bit smoother and would loosening off the casings as suggested above be the plan for this or is this if noisey forwards and backwards and if so what should i look for?

also alloy beadlocks...might get some cheaper ones off ebay and are they the same rims that fit the trx4? and also will the scx and scx2 compatible rims fit?

cheers.
malcnz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:44 PM   #397

Check out this guys video. He figured out the clicking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QI2cV1DY0TI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smack2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:01 PM   #398
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2006 View Post
Check out this guys video. He figured out the clicking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QI2cV1DY0TI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. I caught this video when it showed up in my notifications this morning.

I'm going to have to tear down my transmission to see if I did it correctly or not. I haven't powered mine up yet.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:13 PM   #399

Rich just mentioned that video in his life stream that Axial is doing right now.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:42 PM   #400
Rock Crawler

OMG. Now I am going to dig into this transmission for a third time.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 III coming soon? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COMING SOON the NEW Yeah Racing SCX10 II Accessories RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 01-23-2019 03:25 PM
Coming soon the Reef's RC Products SCX10/SCX10 II Sliders! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 01-18-2019 11:29 AM
Coming Soon the NEW SSD SCX10 II CVD Axle Shafts! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 10-30-2018 04:36 PM
Post up! Any new upgrades coming for SCX10.2? TFitzPat87 Axial SCX10 II 23 01-13-2017 11:46 PM
SCX10 Noise coming from the axle UNDEAD_DC Axial SCX-10 7 03-01-2014 05:08 PM