Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Jato the SCX10 Take III

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2020, 08:50 AM   #121

Default Re: Jato the SCX10 Take III

The weather was beautiful this weekend! I rode my Grom both days, but on Sunday evening I took the SCX10 III for a short run in the backyard.

It looks good out in the sun if I do say so myself.

I did find out that the 2-speed is pretty much useless IMO. The speed from first to second gear is so slight that I honestly recommend not even worrying about the 2-speed. Built the truck with it locked in gear!

Remember the days when we strived for max flex, bro? The SCX10 III can Flex Friday for days. There's too much flex here and I wish I had limited the shocks by around 5mm.

The tires gripped well on the stump and the rocks and cement around my house. I'm pretty impressed in this short test on dry terrain. Let's see how they do out in the real world especially when everything is wet.

The rig is very top heavy as expected for a portal rig with a big, detailed and heavy body like this JL. Tons of clearance though as you can see in these two short videos. I haven't found a great way to post videos from Imgur. The videos only seem to work when you embed them as I have done below. Let me know if any of you know of another way to post the videos.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 05-04-2020 at 09:43 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #122
RCC Addict

Geez, you and OS both! My back field even was too muddy this weekend.

Handled climbing well, but yeah, that's LOT of droop!
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:42 AM   #123
I wanna be Dave

I just gave those tires a second look and decided to order a set, they look promising. I thought they looked very similar to the Braven Berzerkers and I almost had to flip a coin to decide but the outer lugs on the TrXus look a bit more aggressive with the alternating spacing.

That name makes it a bit of a weird one, I know its a real name but in the RC world it just looks weird.
HumboldtEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:17 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Geez, you and OS both! My back field even was too muddy this weekend.

Handled climbing well, but yeah, that's LOT of droop!
he went to our favorite "park". I just tested at home. It was nice, but I'm sure it'll go back to raining soon. Rain seems to be our new spring and summer climate in PA. But come winter time we sure as hell don't get more snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I just gave those tires a second look and decided to order a set, they look promising. I thought they looked very similar to the Braven Berzerkers and I almost had to flip a coin to decide but the outer lugs on the TrXus look a bit more aggressive with the alternating spacing.

That name makes it a bit of a weird one, I know its a real name but in the RC world it just looks weird.
I just realized I've been incorrectly typing it TrXuS all along so thanks for pointing that out. When I first saw the TrXus name I swore it was written by a 12 year old AOL girl and I had no idea it was a real tired. Back in the AOL days the girls, and some guys, had names like SpOrTyChIcK637546 or ***c0r0nAmOnA***. I bought these tires because they look scale and they are a good height. I'm tired of 4.75" tall and 2" wide tires like the stock Nitto's and that's especially true with portal axles. The tread isn't the best for RC, but that's the price you pay for scale looks. In my short test in the dry they worked great which you would expect from Proline G8 tires. I do think this less agressive tread would benefit from Predator compound, but that's not offered yet. The real test will come in the wet and I'll see if they pack up with mud and cinders.

I do think this tread is better for performance than the Pitbull tires and you get the added bonus of the Prolines being much cheaper.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #125
Rock Stacker

jato I put these tires to the test sunday. they did great on the rocks and better than expected on loose dirt hill climbs. I was impressed until I got into some wet spots. they caked up pretty good.they do not clean very well without a lot of wheel speed. I had a set of 35s on a wrangler I had so these brought back memories for me. I liked them on a 1/1 jeep, great in snow and general trail riding. the rc tires work great though in dry conditions, not so great in mud from my experience. maybe your mud is different in pa
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackman View Post
jato I put these tires to the test sunday. they did great on the rocks and better than expected on loose dirt hill climbs. I was impressed until I got into some wet spots. they caked up pretty good.they do not clean very well without a lot of wheel speed. I had a set of 35s on a wrangler I had so these brought back memories for me. I liked them on a 1/1 jeep, great in snow and general trail riding. the rc tires work great though in dry conditions, not so great in mud from my experience. maybe your mud is different in pa
That's kinda what I expected. Thanks for the feedback.

Tags
axial, bxr, crawlmaster, holmes hobbies, horizon, horizon hobby, jato, jatotheripper, jeep, scx10, scx10 3, scx10 iii, scx103, scx10iii, tekin

Jato the SCX10 Take III - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 III coming soon? svt923 Axial SCX10 III 434 06-04-2021 11:24 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 vs. SCX10 III crawlerjunkie Traxxas TRX-4 53 09-24-2020 08:51 AM
SCX10 iii or Wendigo AK KRAWLER General Crawlers 11 03-22-2020 09:23 PM
Jato Bumped His Head - SCX10 II Edition JatoTheRipper Axial SCX10 II 219 05-30-2018 11:59 AM