Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Lets have some fun...what body would you like to see next...READ BEFORE YOU POST

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2020, 02:19 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Lets have some fun...what body would you like to see next...READ BEFORE YOU POST

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I thought rich only wanted vehicles from brands that fall under their current licensing...

People like to skip reading directions, or ignore them entirely. Pretty disappointing that this thread could not stay on track for even a couple posts...
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #22
Sr. Product Developer

Default Re: Lets have some fun...what body would you like to see next...READ BEFORE YOU POST

Quote:
I guess I'm confused by the post. I thought rich only wanted vehicles from brands that fall under their current licensing...
Good stuff...I did want under our current licensing partners and then your dream versions.

The challenge for me and I'll challenge you guys...put aside your love for a certain style and tell me what body you would do that would sell best...like your job depended on it LOL....maybe we'll use that one in another post LOL

Keep them coming...
Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:44 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
People like to skip reading directions, or ignore them entirely. Pretty disappointing that this thread could not stay on track for even a couple posts...
To put this back on track:

1. Jeep Jeepster Commando

2. Dodge PowerWagon (Proline sold a LOT of these). If done with the detail of the SCX10 III JL it would sell like hotcakes I think. I could be wrong though too!

3. Jeep J Series Pickup

The link will not work here to display but a direct link works https://hips.hearstapps.com/pop.h-cd...p&resize=980:*

I am guessing you know where I fall when it comes to Axial releasing yet another JEEP! I have stuck with my OG SCX10 until this past December, I bought a TRX. It is nice, I do like it, but I was still driving my SCX10 way more. So yea when this SCX10 III came out I bought it. I may sell the TRX now as I don't see it being used again honestly. My 2012 SCX10 JK will still be used however. Laugh all you want, I still love my OG crawler!

Last edited by $uicide $hift; 04-02-2020 at 02:51 PM.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

1st gen Durango

jonnywachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:01 PM   #25
RCC Addict

I’m with Jato on this one, the 55-57 Chevy pickup would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:03 PM   #26
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
3. 1955 to 1957 Chevy Task Force

If my life depended on it ..... I would have to say hell yes to these
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:13 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

This is the only one that I can seem to think of from the companies you have licensing agreements with:

70's era Jeep Cherokee Chief.
this-handsome-1976-jeep-cherokee-chief-went-from-barn-find-to-ebay-gem by JASON MCKIMMEY, on Flickr

As far as others go, a Toyota FJ80 land cruiser.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:13 PM   #28

Another vote for the commando
BSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

AMC Eagle

Ford 79 Pace Truck

Dodge B2
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Question #1: I don't really have an answer for this one. Maybe a CJ8 Scrambler?

Question #2: We need more Toyotas...

1. Current Gen 4Runner - See Topherbuild's post
2. Current Gen Tacoma - See Topherbuild's post
3. LC80 Land Cruiser

Last edited by soze; 04-02-2020 at 03:37 PM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:56 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Rich, lets go outside the box for a moment, more of the market. Rather than doing a monolithic truck body, have you considered doing cabs (2 and 4 door) and beds (short, long, dually) separately for the truck guys? I'm not up to speed with all the Axial lineup, but by doing this you could please the truggy guys, truck guys, and scratch builders using the kits on the market. Is the licensing costs for current model vehicles way more than for classics? Personally, I like the Jeeps, 1st gen Bronco or 1st gen Land Cruiser.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:28 PM   #32

I would like to see a 2dr JL on a short wheelbase chassis as only options are a China hard body which you have to cut up the interior to fit unless using a RC4WD D90 chassis or the Proline JK 2dr which I already have. Licensing and chassis shouldn’t be a problem
sm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:33 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Assuming the thicker precut lexan, molded plastic details, & hidden body mounts is here to stay.
Jeep Honcho (separate bed & cab)
Any Ford Bronco (not the bronco 2)
80’s Chevy Silverado (separate bed & cab)
Bonus:
Lada Niva
& 2-door Soft top JK or JL Wranglers with factory wheels & bumpers

Last edited by txbart; 04-02-2020 at 04:40 PM.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:54 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
Good stuff...I did want under our current licensing partners and then your dream versions.

The challenge for me and I'll challenge you guys...put aside your love for a certain style and tell me what body you would do that would sell best...like your job depended on it LOL....maybe we'll use that one in another post LOL

Keep them coming...
Rich
Then I guess I didn't fully understand.

I do think any of the Chevy ones I posted would sell well. Well enough to save your job? I'm sure one of them would, but I'm not betting on which one!

Chevy trucks sell and Ford trucks sell even better. I think the 2017 F-150 is one of the best looking F-150's ever and I believe that would sell a bunch. I would bet your job on that. See below.

I also think the Taco would sell tons. Toyota boys are starving for some 'Yota love and I think it's a great looking truck - Toyota's best looking, current vehicle by far IMO. I imagine Toyota is a super PITA to deal with though in terms of licensing.

I also think the Dodge boys are thirsty and the Ramcharger would sell well - at least for a while. Those large bodies are performance hinderers though and the sales would probably taper off like they did for the Chevy K5 Blazer body (RIP).

My dream body would be the Jeep CJ. Sadly, fitting something like that on a 12.3" wheelbase just doesn't work well though. The Scrambler, like soze posted, would be a great compromise though.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
2) 1964 Toyota Stout (I know Toyota isn't on the 'licenced' list, but thought I'd toss this one in, as no RC manufacturer (as far as I know) had produced it)

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Carisma Coyote is a close unlicensed version. Its a bit small to fit into 1/10 scale (though it is actually a very small truck in real life).
https://www.amainhobbies.com/carisma...s77768/p712166
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
If my life depended on it ..... I would have to say hell yes to these

This one gets my vote too! Great classic design with loads of character for any age grouper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fookison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:54 PM   #37

1. 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 12.5"

2. 1980's Fj62 Toyota Land cruiser 12.3"

3. 2020 Jeep Gladiator 12.5"

All with straight axle scx10 III
LGHpicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:38 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Ok, so seriously...if my job depends on it, I have to look at:

1. What sells
2. What's classic/timeless popular to a broad market
3. Before I reinvent the wheel, I have to say self, what has been available, been discontinued, and remains sought after and implemented that meets the first two criteria?

When I first got into this hobby there was one vehicle in particular I wanted. It was nostalgic personally but also kind of iconic for off-roading: a TJ Wrangler. I was really disappointed to find there had been a perfectly functional if performance challenged kit for a TJ from a Japanese manufacturer I was familiar with from my youth that was well represented on YT, but that it had been discontinued and was no longer available.

Now people still find bodies from this kit and mate it to short WB chassis from other manufacturers, but it's lacking.

So do this on at least a 305mm wheelbase. Seems the SCX10.3 kit could easily be kitted for it. I'd buy three anyway.

2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:58 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Rich, lets go outside the box for a moment, more of the market. Rather than doing a monolithic truck body, have you considered doing cabs (2 and 4 door) and beds (short, long, dually) separately for the truck guys? I'm not up to speed with all the Axial lineup, but by doing this you could please the truggy guys, truck guys, and scratch builders using the kits on the market. Is the licensing costs for current model vehicles way more than for classics? Personally, I like the Jeeps, 1st gen Bronco or 1st gen Land Cruiser.

I really, REALLY like the idea of seperate cabs and beds.
A "raw body kit" of sorts.
Offer a cab for "popular truck X"
Make a standard or 4 door cab.
Then make a long or short bed.
Show off the flexibility of the ascender 2- I mean scx10 III with the adjustable wheelbase!

Or if thats too difficult... Make a jeep that looks just like the new bronco! ;)
And while youre at it maybe follow jatos advice and make the f150. Not because I daily drive a 2019... But because they are awesome. ;)
(mine is a 4 door short bed STX. You know... For reference)

So those are my answers:
Current license - multiple wheelbase separate cab/bed combos
"Wish license": - go hard at ford and give proline and traxxas some competition!
Wait doesnt horizon have a ford license?
Thinking of the orange ascender f100 BND...
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
I really, REALLY like the idea of seperate cabs and beds.
A "raw body kit" of sorts.
Offer a cab for "popular truck X"
Make a standard or 4 door cab.
Then make a long or short bed.
Show off the flexibility of the ascender 2- I mean scx10 III with the adjustable wheelbase!

Or if thats too difficult... Make a jeep that looks just like the new bronco! ;)
And while youre at it maybe follow jatos advice and make the f150. Not because I daily drive a 2019... But because they are awesome. ;)
(mine is a 4 door short bed STX. You know... For reference)

So those are my answers:
Current license - multiple wheelbase separate cab/bed combos
"Wish license": - go hard at ford and give proline and traxxas some competition!
Wait doesnt horizon have a ford license?
Thinking of the orange ascender f100 BND...
Yes they have Ford, See the new Baja Rey...

lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Lets have some fun...what body would you like to see next...READ BEFORE YOU POST - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orang County Scale GTG's (lets have some fun) mrhobby100 California 17 04-02-2017 04:05 PM
Lets see'em, post your motivational posters.... Redfinger Chit Chat 16 02-19-2010 04:52 AM
Painting: where's that post I read? floydkahue Axial SCX-10 1 11-10-2009 11:34 PM
Lets go to MOAB for FUN DwaneO New Mexico 6 08-19-2009 12:20 AM