Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Lets have some fun...what body would you like to see next...READ BEFORE YOU POST

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2020, 12:17 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Lets have some fun...what body would you like to see next...READ BEFORE YOU POST

My suggestion for the next body would be to do a SWB version that shows off the flexibility of the new platform. My top options from current licensing partners would be:
1. '21 Bronco 2-door
2. Early Bronco 2-door (similar detail to the Vaterra EB but with correct greenhouse proportions)
3. Jeep Scrambler

It would be great to add an opening hood (to show off the great work you did on the scale drivetrain layout and 3D engine bits) and removable top to the next release(s).

From a brand that you don't currently have, the two most obvious options would be Toyota and Land Rover. From Toyota, a well-executed FJ40 or FJ Cruiser should sell very well. (The Venture was doomed by lots of things other than the choice of the FJ Cruiser as its first and only body.) From Land Rover, the Defender 90 would probably sell well, but it has been done by others and lacks a bit of originality at this point. There hasn't been a good, mass market Disco. A well-executed 3-door Disco 1 or 2 would look great (esp. with the safari side windows and rear-mounted spare tire) and should sell well.

That's my .02, worth... .02.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2020, 09:30 PM   #82
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Lets have some fun...what body would you like to see next...READ BEFORE YOU POST

18/19 Toyota Tacoma with the same level of detail as the new jlu would be sweet.

Also a true to life vintage Jeep Willy
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:28 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
1) Ford Raptor (I know HH is already licenced to do Respite bodies, as they're already available on Losi vehicles...no photo, everyone knows what the Raptor looks like)
2) 1964 Toyota Stout (I know Toyota isn't on the 'licenced' list, but thought I'd toss this one in, as no RC manufacturer (as far as I know) had produced it)
3) Jeep J-10, J-20, J-2000, J-3000, or J-4000, or Comanche Pickup (again, I'm not a Jeep fan, but, at least these are cute different from all the CJ-based designs)J-4000]

Agreed.

Ford Courier like ProLine did years ago, but please make the bodies for 12.3" WB whenever possible even if it needs a little stretch. Some bodies won't look proper so do them at the appropriate wb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
3. 1955 to 1957 Chevy Task Force

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch racing View Post
Chevrolet Cameo

1970 El Camino

Jeepster Comando
Great suggestions!

Chevrolet Cameo (the special 55-57 Chevy think Bel-Air pickups) love those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
To put this back on track:

1. Jeep Jeepster Commando

2. Dodge PowerWagon (Proline sold a LOT of these). If done with the detail of the SCX10 III JL it would sell like hotcakes I think. I could be wrong though too!

3. Jeep J Series Pickup

The link will not work here to display but a direct link works https://hips.hearstapps.com/pop.h-cd...p&resize=980:*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
This is the only one that I can seem to think of from the companies you have licensing agreements with:

70's era Jeep Cherokee Chief.
this-handsome-1976-jeep-cherokee-chief-went-from-barn-find-to-ebay-gem by JASON MCKIMMEY, on Flickr

Cherokee Chief and Grand Cherokee old school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Question #1: Maybe a CJ8 Scrambler?

Question #2: We need more Toyotas...

1. Current Gen 4Runner - See Topherbuild's post
2. Current Gen Tacoma - See Topherbuild's post
3. LC80 Land Cruiser

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Rich, lets go outside the box for a moment, more of the market. Rather than doing a monolithic truck body, have you considered doing cabs (2 and 4 door) and beds (short, long, dually) separately for the truck guys? I'm not up to speed with all the Axial lineup, but by doing this you could please the truggy guys, truck guys, and scratch builders using the kits on the market. Is the licensing costs for current model vehicles way more than for classics? Personally, I like the Jeeps, 1st gen Bronco or 1st gen Land Cruiser.

Nice outside the box thinking, I like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
I'd like to see some licensed current or recent military bodies...

Along these lines...

Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I would love to see a 1964 Dodge D100 body as well

Or even a bit older go back to 1961 and the 1950s please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
So I’ve already agreed with the 55-57 Chevy
I think the first gen blazer would be cool with a removable top and cage.

Also along those lines first gen 66-77 Bronco which I’m a little biased on because I own one and my grandfather raced the one pictured. But like the old proline cgr with a cage and removable top would be awesome

Nice!

Last edited by Natedog; 04-14-2020 at 04:17 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:18 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

I’d love to see a short bed Chevy square body, like a 77 K10...

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:42 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
1964 Toyota Stout (I know Toyota isn't on the 'licenced' list, but thought I'd toss this one in, as no RC manufacturer (as far as I know) had produced it)]
Carisma made the closest iteration I've seen: https://www.amainhobbies.com/carisma...s77768/p712166
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:10 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Carisma made the closest iteration I've seen: https://www.amainhobbies.com/carisma...s77768/p712166
Honestly, the only similarity I see is the location of the front turn signals. That's not too say I don't like the Carisma...it's "interesting"...but, it doesn't have that 'Toyota' look. I like the (relatively) low motor, plus the fact that the Rx in inside a waterproof box (something Traxxas commonly does, but several others still don't).

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

I’d like to see this. The below is a 3D printed example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:52 AM   #88
Sr. Product Developer

Thanks guys..I'm going to keep checking in on this thread. Fun to see everyone's favorites and dream rigs.

Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
I’d like to see this. The below is a 3D printed example.

Agree, my 1:1 daily driver is a 2-door Tahoe. I would love to make a 1/10 version.

bbeck006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:49 AM   #90
RCC Addict

I know it's not nearly as cool as that printed body (nor as big) but here's your 2 door Tahoe: https://parmapse.shptron.com/p/1-10-...ear-body?pp=15

When will that Econoline/Sportsmobile body be shipping Rich?
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:02 AM   #91
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeck006 View Post
Agree, my 1:1 daily driver is a 2-door Tahoe. I would love to make a 1/10 version.

Between the 2dr and 4dr Tahoe, Suburban, and the C/K trucks of the same generation, I think that group of vehicles has touched the lives of many north Americans. With it's shorter wheelbase, and best in group departure angle, I think the 2dr Tahoe / Blazer Sport would represent the group well. I grew up in the back of a 92 2 door myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I know it's not nearly as cool as that printed body (nor as big) but here's your 2 door Tahoe: https://parmapse.shptron.com/p/1-10-...ear-body?pp=15

I very recently learned of that Parma body. I was all excited when I saw somebody post a picture of the new-in-bag body on facebook. However, I was very disappointed when I looked up the dimensions. It's definitely on the small side. It's not detailed enough for a class 0 build. I'm not sure a class 1 tire would even fit in the wheel wells though, so that definitely pushes you towards a monster truck style build, which is what the body is designed for.

Last edited by rkj__; 04-23-2020 at 11:42 AM.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:46 AM   #92
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeck006 View Post

Mine too except I have a Yukon 2 Dr. People are always asking me if I want to sell it
dezracer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:24 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezracer99 View Post
Mine too except I have a Yukon 2 Dr. People are always asking me if I want to sell it

Same here. There are a few people who want me to let them know if I ever decide to sell it.

Eventually, when I buy a new daily driver I’ll probably make it a project, maybe turn it into an overlander.

bbeck006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:22 PM   #94
Pebble Pounder

Maybe not something specific to a brand but how about doing some modular set ups. Example a 70s Chevy cab that you could separately buy your choice of long bed, short bed, stepside, flatbed, truggy cage.
I'd like to see these too.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/56...6ed130ff6a.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fc/f2...33a2b2069e.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/7897/4...118ff1f4_b.jpg
SPLATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:58 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Any COE cabs or something like a Tamiya Bullhead Peterbuilt i believe a Lexan version would be possible.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:34 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

I see a Power wagon was posted but I’d love a newer power wagon body.

I’ve got an 18’ Mojave PW and being that it’s F&R solid axles with lockers it would match perfect.

I think my wife would even be on board with that build.
TOMS97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATT View Post
Maybe not something specific to a brand but how about doing some modular set ups. Example a 70s Chevy cab that you could separately buy your choice of long bed, short bed, stepside, flatbed, truggy cage.
I'd like to see these too.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fc/f2...33a2b2069e.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/7897/4...118ff1f4_b.jpg

Love the modular idea with different bed lengths, truggy cage!

Ooooh, early 2.5T and later 2.5t aka Deuce and half, love em!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:35 AM   #98

80's and new model Ford Ranger for IFS
Xporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

My votes are all old Jeeps:

1. Old CJ-5 or CJ-7. My first 1:1 was an old CJ-5 (and PLEEEEASE make a Renegade sticker package available)

2. J-10

3. Any FSJ actually

zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:01 PM   #100
Pebble Pounder

#1 Grand Cherokee WJ
#2 Grand Cherokee Cheif
#3 Jeep CJ

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
jboogieroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lets have some fun...what body would you like to see next...READ BEFORE YOU POST - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orang County Scale GTG's (lets have some fun) mrhobby100 California 17 04-02-2017 04:05 PM
Lets see'em, post your motivational posters.... Redfinger Chit Chat 16 02-19-2010 04:52 AM
Painting: where's that post I read? floydkahue Axial SCX-10 1 11-10-2009 11:34 PM
Lets go to MOAB for FUN DwaneO New Mexico 6 08-19-2009 12:20 AM