Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: JCI CREEP BODY on the 10 III

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2021, 07:02 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default JCI CREEP BODY on the 10 III

I really enjoyed building my 10 III kit, but was frustrated with how top heavy the stock body made the rig. The chassis is super capable, but in the end the body just limits its crawling abilities. Tried adding brass to lower the C of G, but the overall increase in weight just hurt its climbing abilities. As I'm not a Jeep fanatic, started looking around for a light-weight option and settled on this.

The side trays needed trimming to fit under the body, but there's still plenty of room for the electronics.

With a lower C of G and all extra weight removed the rig is a blast to drive and scampers across most sections of the Markham Park crawler course with far less toppling over. I found a fellow club member that loves Jeeps and who was happy to purchase a spare body for his 10 III.

JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2021, 07:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: JCI CREEP BODY on the 10 III

Is that a full size pack? Was eyeballing this body for my enduro but thought it may be too narrow without re-orienting the battery tray.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Is that a full size pack? Was eyeballing this body for my enduro but thought it may be too narrow without re-orienting the battery tray.
Yup, it's a full size pack. The Creep body fits over it with room to spare, but recall that in the 10 III the battery tray is located in the back of the chassis, but on the Enduro it's on the front. The Creep's body tapers down to about 5.25" just behind the front fenders, so a full size battery tray will bow out the body a bit. You could run a shorty pack with no problem however.

Old 01-20-2021, 07:59 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The enduro tray can be moved to the back but I like the forward weight. Short pack may be the ticket, I’m not digging the 2s packs and was going to order a couple more 3s so I don’t have to share between rigs, will look at shorties.

It looks like you have the exact same wheels/tires as I have on my Enduro, are those RCLions wheels and Chinese Hyrax knockoffs? If so are you running the foams they came with? I vented my tires and they still seem a little stiff.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:09 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
The enduro tray can be moved to the back but I like the forward weight. Short pack may be the ticket, I’m not digging the 2s packs and was going to order a couple more 3s so I don’t have to share between rigs, will look at shorties.

It looks like you have the exact same wheels/tires as I have on my Enduro, are those RCLions wheels and Chinese Hyrax knockoffs? If so are you running the foams they came with? I vented my tires and they still seem a little stiff.
The tires are in Injora branded Hyrax clones and I’m using the stock foams but I’ve done the star shaped cut to make them more compliant. I have the same setup in other rigs and it works pretty well for less than half the price of the Prolines.

I got the wheels here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by JimInMiami; 01-20-2021 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:55 AM   #6
RCC Addict

The body looks great on your truck. The more I crawl out at Markham Park, the more I like narrow bodies and open Wheels. The coral rock out there is brutal. This body is on my short list of possibilities for my TRX 4 sport.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:29 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Wow that body looks great on there. I may grab one for my 10.3
cinnabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
The body looks great on your truck. The more I crawl out at Markham Park, the more I like narrow bodies and open Wheels. The coral rock out there is brutal. This body is on my short list of possibilities for my TRX 4 sport.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Thanks, yup that coral rock sure does a number on the bodies. I have a hard body rig I rarely run there for that reason.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:58 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabun View Post
Wow that body looks great on there. I may grab one for my 10.3
You won’t regret it and it’s fairly cheap to boot!

JCI CREEP BODY on the 10 III - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2000 Cherokee Body on SCX10 III Question Jbtamu1011 Axial SCX10 III 1 08-11-2020 12:08 AM
New creep(er) Lowe's48 Venom Creeper 6 12-01-2009 07:01 AM
How to creep even slower? G1050 Newbie General 3 01-20-2008 07:59 PM