Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Axial SCX10III springs reversed ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2021, 06:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Axial SCX10III springs reversed ????

Ok,
I’ve got a brand new out of the box SCX10III JLU.
Now out of the box it has the green springs on the front and red on the rear.
This feels about right, but looking into the manual at the exploded parts view it has the springs listed as red on front and green on rear.

Anyone else noticed this???

With the box set up (red rear - green front) it sets nice and level, but with the springs installed like the manual says (red front - green rear) it sets too high to. The rear and the front needs a lot of pre load to set level.

Any thoughts?
The Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2021, 09:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial SCX10III springs reversed ????

Weird I think maybe your right. I've gotten 2 used scx10iii so far I think I switched my springs around so stiffer on front and softer on rear. But again mine were used not new in box so I can't say for sure how they were from factory. But what your saying sounds right to me. I'll double check them in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
SCX10 JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:28 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx10-iii/616553-scx10-iii-things-know-before-you-build-yours-tips-post6042812.html

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2021, 03:49 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Hmmmmmm, make ya wonder.
In my mind I feel stiffer read and soft front would be the way to go, but the way it came out the box with stiffer front and softer rear sits better.
Guess I’ll have to experiment...
The Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:11 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yeah just experiment with it. What works for you and your place that you crawl might be a completely different setup than what works for me. I have also seen several people put the same springs front and rear and just adjust the preload to even it out. For me my rigs are all weighted front heavy. My JLU has a HW 1080 and a HH Cawlmaster sport 12t 550 in it so its got a lot more front weight so I need stiffer springs up front to help balance the load. I also run small 3s batteries so I have little to no weight in the back at all. My Gladiator is still 100% stock just got it in and have not had a chance to do anything other than confirm everything functions.
Guess an example I would have is forward weight soft front stiff rear works great for uphill climbs. Now that same setup downhill is bad and very tippy. Soft rear and stiff front works much better for down hill but not as good for uphill. Trick is finding the best balance for your area and your style. For me that just means more RC rigs lol.