Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2022, 11:48 AM   #1

Default Need help

Hi, I have an axial scx10 3 gladiator, with a copperhead brushless installed. Every time I go out after about 5 mins of driving. My rig looses almost all power, if I go full throttle it slowly drives and than completely stops and than after a couple seconds I can pull throttle again and it does same thing over and over. It also makes a weird noise while it's happening. If I leave my truck for few days it will be perfectly fine for about 5 mins than it starts again. I have two good videos of this occurring but I cannot figure out how to post them. It is very frustrating because my local shop has just told me to contact castle directly through email. I was hoping you guys could give me some ideas of what might be going on!! Thanks
MattLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2022, 12:15 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Need help

It sure sounds like you're either hitting low voltage cutoff, or your battery is taking a dump (experiencing significant voltage sag under load, but static voltage may still look fine.)

What size battery are you using, and is it in good shape? What is your battery voltage at when it quits on you? Have you tried using a different battery, and did change anything? What is the esc's low voltage cutoff set at? Does the Copperhead do data logging, and if so, have you looked at it?
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:51 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Need help

This is a known issue with the copperhead. From what I’ve rear elsewhere castle says there’s nothing wrong with the esc’s and something about having to run a 5000mah battery. I don’t think these esc’s were meant for crawlers unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote