Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: SCX10.3 Stock Radio Dig channel Trim?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2022, 07:00 PM   #1

Default SCX10.3 Stock Radio Dig channel Trim?

I have a used (new to me) SCX10.3.
Im having problems actuating the Dig function with the stock DX3 radio.
The Dig/Locker function of the transmission works fine when I manually adjust it with my fingers, (servo removed from model).

When the Servo is installed, I can use the radio to go into Dig mode, but the servo does not push the transmission shaft far enough forward to re- engage the rear Locker. So the rear wheels dont have any drive and they freewheel.

If The Third channel of the Radio had a way to adjust endpoints or even just Trim on the third channel, I think I could get it to work. But for the life of me I cant see a way to do that on the stock RTR radio.

I could fix this by yanking a radio out of another car,,,,,but I just got this thing and it seems like there should be a way to make it work with the stock equipment. Any help will be appreciated.
Redharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: SCX10.3 Stock Radio Dig channel Trim?

There is a way to adjust the endpoints on that radio, it's just not apparent.

You'll need to either download the manual, or search a YouTube video on it. I've seen a YouTube video for it, so I know there's at least one.

The DX3 manual also gives instructions on how to adjust the endpoints. I'm pretty sure you can find the manual on Horizon's website under the DX3 product page. I think that's where I found it.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
There is a way to adjust the endpoints on that radio, it's just not apparent.

You'll need to either download the manual, or search a YouTube video on it. I've seen a YouTube video for it, so I know there's at least one.

The DX3 manual also gives instructions on how to adjust the endpoints. I'm pretty sure you can find the manual on Horizon's website under the DX3 product page. I think that's where I found it.
So, I Found that video and I managed to set endpoints for the servos.
Without a Screen, the adjustment procedure is pretty cryptic, and non intuitive.
Credit where credit is due though. It CAN be done with the stock rtr radio.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:41 PM   #4

Well,,,,that SX107 dig servo didnt last long. I think I got about 15 minutes out of it before it just died outright. it worked OK at the House, but it didnt hold up to trail use....I'm guessing it took a beating from the previous owner.... I need to loose the stock transmitter too...Its just too clunky when it comes to fine adjustments. Transmitter first. Then I'll tackle the dig set up.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:55 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redharris View Post
Well,,,,that SX107 dig servo didnt last long. I think I got about 15 minutes out of it before it just died outright. it worked OK at the House, but it didnt hold up to trail use....I'm guessing it took a beating from the previous owner.... I need to loose the stock transmitter too...Its just too clunky when it comes to fine adjustments. Transmitter first. Then I'll tackle the dig set up.

I know people say the stock servos last with correct epa, but I smoked two in less than 5 minutes each, after setting end points.

I just drove my new JT for the first time today and the dig servo is already acting up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I know people say the stock servos last with correct epa, but I smoked two in less than 5 minutes each, after setting end points.

I just drove my new JT for the first time today and the dig servo is already acting up.

Honestly,,,,I don't really Need dig on this truck. It's not like this thing is a Comp rig,,,,,right?.....But Dang it,,,,I PAID for it, so I'm gonna do my best to make it work!....Which of course means its going to cost me some $$.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:43 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redharris View Post
Honestly,,,,I don't really Need dig on this truck. It's not like this thing is a Comp rig,,,,,right?.....But Dang it,,,,I PAID for it, so I'm gonna do my best to make it work!....Which of course means its going to cost me some $$.

I understand completely!

I think I’m going to swap in a stealth x trans and call it a day. Lighter, o/d, and lower motor position

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10.3 Stock Radio Dig channel Trim? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aux channel dig radio/servo question DX3R radio... Master Basher Electronics 0 02-10-2014 12:29 PM
traxxas 4 channel radio novak m2 dig tyrod_emmons Electronics 1 03-18-2011 12:04 PM
3 channel radio for my dig meancrawler Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 03-27-2009 10:17 PM
Third Channel Dig on Spektrum Radio Neil E Electronics 4 10-26-2007 12:17 PM